Books #13 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I thoroughly enjoyed that book and gave it 5* since I genuinely didn't expect the ending.
Oh excellent! I’ve gone back and forth between a dozen different scenarios so I’m keen to see how it ends! I’ll be sure to check in once I’m done, I think it will be a 5 star for me too.

Reactions: 1
I have Local Woman Missing on my A-Z for the year so this is exciting.

I started The Appeal last night after such good reviews here.

Its Jan 20th and I have only used one audible credit this month. Not one other book has been purchased by me. Hard to believe. the daily kindle deals have been rubbish, its not that my will power is good.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else take an age to finish non-fiction books? I'm usually a quick reader but I just slow right down even though I'm enjoying it.

I have "How Iceland Changed the World" by Egill Bjarnason sat on my desk and I keep saying I'll read it next but I still haven't picked it up :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else take an age to finish non-fiction books? I'm usually a quick reader but I just slow right down even though I'm enjoying it.

I have "How Iceland Changed the World" by Egill Bjarnason sat on my desk and I keep saying I'll read it next but I still haven't picked it up :ROFLMAO:
non-fiction always takes me so much longer to read, even if i’m enjoying it! i think it’s because i’m really retaining the information (if that makes sense) or going back and forth between the footnotes and photos (depending on the book).

Reactions: 7

Yes, non-fiction is the enemy of the Goodreads goal. At least a decent chunk of the page count is usually a bibliography.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I v rarely read non fiction. I usually choose to listen and I do it when Im cleaning or ironing so Im keen to listen 😅

Reactions: 4
Just finished Tomorrow x3 and I really enjoyed it. I gave it 4*. I can see what people mean about Sadie and Sam not being likeable (especially Sadie! She gave me Rory Gilmore vibes) but I actually liked that they were flawed and made terrible decisions a lot of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Started ‘I who have never known men’

Premise sounds very interesting! Has anyone else read it?

Sorry forgot to mention author 🥴

I saw it on the 99p deal and saw everywhere else it had good reviews so thought i’d give it a go.

Will see how I get on, already very into it

Started ‘I who have never known men’

Premise sounds very interesting! Has anyone else read it?
Yes, it was a good read but incredibly depressing and full of hopelessness. I read it when I was alone in lockdown and it really amplified my loneliness.

It was a great read and has stuck with me but the way it made me feel was not always enjoyable.

• Heart
I became such a slooooow reader.
I miss reading books on my mother language.

After 3 months I finally finished the book.
Now starting second one from Guillaume Musso.
I bought set of 5 books, and with this speed I think it will be my 2023 reading. 😂🤣🫣

But still I love to check what are you girls read, and search inspiration ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes, it was a good read but incredibly depressing and full of hopelessness. I read it when I was alone in lockdown and it really amplified my loneliness.

It was a great read and has stuck with me but the way it made me feel was not always enjoyable.
Oh really? it seems to be quite a short book so will stick with it. If you don’t hear from me I’ll probably be in a corner or something 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.