Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh I got bad juice in the recent deal, keep us posted!
Its a real slow burn but also tense so you want to keep reading. Right now its all focused on a toxic abusive mother - kids relationship.

Sharp Objects vibes perhaps. Too soon to say though.

Reactions: 2
Just finished Paper Girls by Alex Smith. It was brilliant! I flew through it and I didn't see the twists coming. I loved how there was a bit of humour to lighten the mood. I'll definitely be continuing the series. I don't know what my next read will be ๐Ÿค”. I kind of want to read The Shining but I'm a little intimidated by Stephen King so I don't know lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I hit my target of 80/80 on Friday night and definitely didn't get fireworks or confetti. Decided to give them to myself anyway lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐ŸŽŠ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿฅณ

I posted on the wrong book thread yesterday but wanted to share my achievement with fellow book lovers.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Well done!! I've not been using good reads much for 12 years lol only had two books recorded in this time. Decided today to update it using my kindle library, literally don't even remember half the books I read this year ๐Ÿคฃ also didn't read as much as I thought I did, but I did re-read some stuff. Hopefully will do better next year!

Reactions: 1
Started Richard Osman's The Bullet That Missed Twice (number 3 in The Thursday Murder Club series) and I'm really enjoying it, Joyce is my favourite character by far.

I don't usually go for celebrity authors as they're always popular books and get the bigger promos but I really enjoy Osman's writing.
Is it as good as the other 2? I finally got the 2nd one on Libby last week, there were 241 people waiting for it when I put it on my wait list! ๐Ÿ˜… I know a lot of people slate the books, but I just love the lightheartedness of them and the way they are written.

Is it as good as the other 2? I finally got the 2nd one on Libby last week, there were 241 people waiting for it when I put it on my wait list! ๐Ÿ˜… I know a lot of people slate the books, but I just love the lightheartedness of them and the way they are written.
I've finished it. Yes i loved it, I think it's on par with the second one which was my favourite one. I enjoyed the first one but not as much as the second and third books.

I enjoyed it too, love the characters and you get so into the story. they seem to be quite marmite books but Iโ€™m a fan. Looking forward to seeing who they cast for the film.

Does anyone here read at their desks during their lunch break? My job is full time in-office now and I'd love to start reading at my desk to break up the day but I always feel paranoid that my boss will think I'm slacking off (on my lunch break ffs!)

Reactions: 4
Does anyone here read at their desks during their lunch break? My job is full time in-office now and I'd love to start reading at my desk to break up the day but I always feel paranoid that my boss will think I'm slacking off (on my lunch break ffs!)
Iโ€™ve sometimes sat outside or if you have a break room? Or move to a different area, or turn your screen off? That way it shows itโ€™s a break only and youโ€™re not just skiving

Iโ€™ve sometimes sat outside or if you have a break room? Or move to a different area, or turn your screen off? That way it shows itโ€™s a break only and youโ€™re not just skiving
Good ideas, I'll try these this week! Thank you :)

I have but people interrupt.

So if the weather is nice I go and sit in a green space. If it isn't I tend to buy a cup of tea and sit in a coffee shop.

I don't read at my desk but that's because our building is fortunate to have a break room. The other suggestion of leaving your desk is probably best to do (although I do have colleagues who prefer to eat lunch at their desks and do read!).

I don't read at my desk but that's because our building is fortunate to have a break room. The other suggestion of leaving your desk is probably best to do (although I do have colleagues who prefer to eat lunch at their desks and do read!).
Good to know! I have one colleague who naps at his desk during lunch (literally face plants his keyboard for an hour) so I don't know why I'm so worried about reading a book :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Im only in office once a week and go in the same days as colleagues I like so I dont get a chance as we all have lunch together.

I regret this decision some days ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
I wish I could but for us it's either 1) you work through lunch and eat at your desk or 2) you go to the break room which is 1 big table where everyone sits and eats so it would be strange to take out a book ๐Ÿ˜‚

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.