Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I have my break at my desk I just get interrupted so I try and go into the break room, it's just colder in there lol

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else get book hangovers? Not necessarily from reading a great book but from reading too much in one go?

I read a thriller style book on holiday last week and managed to finish it in just over a day. Since then I've really struggled to pick up a book (not helped by being launched straight back into the same old busy routine at home!).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I finished anxious people this morning. It was silly, saccharine, sentimental and made me cry. Entirely average but not without being a little moving.

Does anyone else get book hangovers? Not necessarily from reading a great book but from reading too much in one go?

I read a thriller style book on holiday last week and managed to finish it in just over a day. Since then I've really struggled to pick up a book (not helped by being launched straight back into the same old busy routine at home!).
I get this when I’ve finished most books, takes me a while to find another book that really gets my attention

Reactions: 3

Allll the time. Its peaks and troughs here. I had a crap September but have read loads this month. Been v much up and down all year.

Reactions: 3

If I’ve read a really bad book sometimes simply the idea of starting a new one and investing my time in it makes me want to throw my kindle in the bin (a bit like pouring the remainder of the vodka down the sink and then regretting it when you have to go back to Tesco the next weekend 😂)

I enjoyed it too, love the characters and you get so into the story. they seem to be quite marmite books but I’m a fan. Looking forward to seeing who they cast for the film.
I was away last week with my daughter and we spent a whole morning trying to sort out the cast list, the only one we agreed on was Helen Mirren for Elizabeth, she wasn’t having Julie Walters for Joyce, she’s too big a Mamma Mia fan for that!

I take that back, we also agreed Philip Glennister for Chris, we could start a whole new thread for this, give Spielberg some ideas!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If I’ve read a really bad book sometimes simply the idea of starting a new one and investing my time in it makes me want to throw my kindle in the bin (a bit like pouring the remainder of the vodka down the sink and then regretting it when you have to go back to Tesco the next weekend 😂)

I was away last week with my daughter and we spent a whole morning trying to sort out the cast list, the only one we agreed on was Helen Mirren for Elizabeth, she wasn’t having Julie Walters for Joyce, she’s too big a Mamma Mia fan for that!

I take that back, we also agreed Philip Glennister for Chris, we could start a whole new thread for this, give Spielberg some ideas!
I think Judi Dench would be a good Elizabeth.

Reactions: 2
I think Judi Dench would be a good Elizabeth.
In the post book interview on audible Richard said that had been floated around but he doesn’t have anything to do with it. Helen Miran was also another suggestion for Joyce

Currently reading Life is a novel by Guillaume Musso.

Got 3 books 📚 as a present and looking forward to read them this winter next to fireplace 🔥 💖

Just browsing the daily deals even though I really shouldn't buy any more books but spotted Our House by Louise Candlish is 99p today. I would highly recommend it!

I also spotted Africa is Not a Country on a 99p deal, which was recently recommended to me and sounds quite interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@epl000 @Caffeine Fiend Did either of you see the tv adaptation of Our House? I watched it and quite enjoyed it. Would there be no point in reading the book or is it still worth a read? Assuming the tv series was fairly close to the book.

@epl000 @Caffeine Fiend Did either of you see the tv adaptation of Our House? I watched it and quite enjoyed it. Would there be no point in reading the book or is it still worth a read? Assuming the tv series was fairly close to the book.
There’s a slight difference. The book is definitely worth a read IMO.

I haven't watched it either, I didn't want to spoil it as I loved the book so much. I'm also not much of a tv watcher, I'd prefer to be curled up with a book :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.