Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to the library to return a book. Came out with two more 🤦🏼‍♀️

I have a problem

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Currently reading Calling Major Tom, it's not the sort of book I normally read but finding it rather enjoyable. Would recommend for anybody that likes general fiction.

Calling Major Tom is a funny, uplifting tale of friendship and community about a man who has given up on the world...but discovers in the most unlikely way that it might not have given up on him.

We all know someone like Thomas. The grumpy next-door neighbour who complains to the residents' committee about the state of your front lawn. The man who tuts when you don't have the correct change at the checkout. The colleague who sends an all-company email when you accidentally use the last drop of milk.

Thomas is very happy to be on his own, far away from other people and their problems. But beneath his cranky exterior lies a story and a sadness that is familiar to us all. And he's about to encounter a family who will change his view of the world.

Reactions: 5
I’ve been in a bit of a funk with reading lately, well with everything really, but I’ve started The Ex-Husband by Samantha Hayes and I think it’s just the type of nonsense that I need and can focus on right now 😅 it seems alright so far if anyone fancies something easy (it’s on kindle unlimited too)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I finished Never Saw Me Coming by Vera Kurian on my lunchbreak today. I really loved the premise of this book, and thought the plot was quite clever and the characters were well thought out. But I just found the writing style very chaotic and too much happened to really build the suspense.

Has anyone else read it? I think it was a 99p deal on Kindle a while ago, I'm trying to reduce my TBR and read some of the oldest ones :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
I’m halfway through magpie but Elizabeth day. It got rave reviews but I find it very average. Easy reading for my broken brain but I wouldn’t be hurrying to recommend it.

Reactions: 4
I finished Never Saw Me Coming by Vera Kurian on my lunchbreak today. I really loved the premise of this book, and thought the plot was quite clever and the characters were well thought out. But I just found the writing style very chaotic and too much happened to really build the suspense.

Has anyone else read it? I think it was a 99p deal on Kindle a while ago, I'm trying to reduce my TBR and read some of the oldest ones :ROFLMAO:
I thought it was OK but wasn't wowed considering the premise sounded amazing.

Reactions: 2
I’m halfway through magpie but Elizabeth day. It got rave reviews but I find it very average. Easy reading for my broken brain but I wouldn’t be hurrying to recommend it.
I thought Magpie was really good. 🤷‍♀️

I started it but was actually really disappointed. Sounds stupid when it's about tennis but all the tennis was boring me :ROFLMAO:
Same here! I’m relieved to hear someone else felt the same. I just didn’t care about any of the characters the same way I did in her other books (Evelyn & Daisy Jones) and ended up skim reading the tennis games..

I started it but was actually really disappointed. Sounds stupid when it's about tennis but all the tennis was boring me :ROFLMAO:
same! i think sport is a difficult thing to try and depict on the page anyway, but tjr didn’t seem to write with any genuine love of tennis, rather that she was writing about a character who happened to be a tennis player (if that make sense 🤣) - it made all the game descriptions dull for me and that was tricky considering it was the crux of the book.

i’m reading the most fun we ever had by claire lombardo and am finding it a little overwritten! it’s the last of my summer reads before i start my autumn reads pile (yes i’m very behind!) so i’m keen to finish it but struggling.

Reactions: 6
same! i think sport is a difficult thing to try and depict on the page anyway, but tjr didn’t seem to write with any genuine love of tennis, rather that she was writing about a character who happened to be a tennis player (if that make sense 🤣) - it made all the game descriptions dull for me and that was tricky considering it was the crux of the book.

i’m reading the most fun we ever had by claire lombardo and am finding it a little overwritten! it’s the last of my summer reads before i start my autumn reads pile (yes i’m very behind!) so i’m keen to finish it but struggling.
Oh interesting I loved Most Fun We Ever Had! But I know what you mean, that style probably isn't for everyone. I love a long overwritten family saga!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh interesting I loved Most Fun We Ever Had! But I do love a long overwritten family saga!
in fairness i’m only 200 pages or so into it, i haven’t had much time to read so have been reading in short bursts when i think it’s a book that would benefit from a proper sit down with a cup of tea session 🤣 hopefully i’ll be able to dedicate more time to it over the weekend, i’ve heard such good things about it!

in fairness i’m only 200 pages or so into it, i haven’t had much time to read so have been reading in short bursts when i think it’s a book that would benefit from a proper sit down with a cup of tea session 🤣 hopefully i’ll be able to dedicate more time to it over the weekend, i’ve heard such good things about it!
Yes exactly, definitely one to sit down and savour IMO!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.