Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
T'was I, regarding the santa killer. I havent read it though just saw it come up on my socials as an advert.

Reactions: 1
Not sure who recommended The Santa Killer but I’ve been reading it and enjoying it 🙂

If anyone can recommend more good festive thrillers, please send the details my way 🎅🔪
I’m about 15% through The Santa Killer and enjoying it too!

Enjoying flicker in the dark, i am 40% through but I can kind of guess what is going on already, hopeful i’m wrong and there is a twist, but it has got me out of my slump so thats good
quoting myself. Solid 4* read and I was right but still enjoyed it.

Reactions: 2
Just started Carrie Soto. Know it’s got mixed reviews on here but I love a TJR book and I also love tennis so fingers crossed!

Reactions: 5
I’m on Ch11 of How to Kill Your Family? Does it get any better. I’m finding it dreary and boring
I listened to the audiobook but only until 45 % of it. It started interesting but than it dragged on and on ... and Grace (her name is Grace, right?) is not likeable (should she even be likeable? Is there a rule that the protagonist has to be likeable?). The idea is good (or at least not bad and it's different from other books) but the book itself ... no.

Reactions: 3
Finished Dinner Party: A Tragedy by Sarah Gilmartin this morning and loved it. Anyone who enjoys reading about family dynamics might similarly appreciate it. Also lots of grief and some eating disorder stuff with which i can relate so perhaps it was just the right book at the right time for me.

Och nothing at all. I've been told my face is like an open book so I don't want to look too flustered. I admire anyone who can keep their cool when reading some good smut in public

Bookwise, do both! I started buying signed hardbacks to encourage me to keep some books after reading them. But usually end up buying a Kindle copy. Especially if they are 99p 🤣
I'm awful with signed books as I dont want to damage them so have to get the kindle version aswell.

Finished Dinner Party: A Tragedy by Sarah Gilmartin this morning and loved it. Anyone who enjoys reading about family dynamics might similarly appreciate it. Also lots of grief and some eating disorder stuff with which i can relate so perhaps it was just the right book at the right time for me.
I read this earlier in the year and found it such a slog 😬

I read this earlier in the year and found it such a slog 😬
I read it in 24 hrs! I missed it when it was over 😂 It’s funny how two people can have such different experiences. But I really related with the main character. This might be Sorrow and Bliss all over again

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I read it in 24 hrs! I missed it when it was over 😂 It’s funny how two people can have such different experiences. But I really related with the main character. This might be Sorrow and Bliss all over again
How funny. I love how we can have such different experiences reading the same thing. For me it took me weeks and I was contemplating DNF which I never do

Reactions: 4
How funny. I love how we can have such different experiences reading the same thing. For me it took me weeks and I was contemplating DNF which I never do
Im trying to get better at allowing myself to abandon a book that I’m just not enjoying. But the guilt of it is something else!

I do find I can do it after the first page or two easily enough, but once I’m a full chapter in I feel I must finish it, even if I’m hate-reading every word

I have a couple on my kindle that I abandoned halfway through and they honestly still haunt me. It’s a total waste of time and energy. There’s no point whatsoever. But I still hate not finishing what I start!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not sure who recommended The Santa Killer but I’ve been reading it and enjoying it 🙂

If anyone can recommend more good festive thrillers, please send the details my way 🎅🔪
Not festive but Jo Nesbo books are set in Norway and I love the atmosphere

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Spotify offering audiobooks now :eek:
I listened to the hunger games on there a while ago just for background noise while working as I have read it before. And it was a nuisance as it didn't remember your place like audible does. So hopefully they have improved that

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.