Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone pick over her dead body by Susan Walter as their amazon first read choice this month? I have just finished it and I thought it was one of the better books from AFR selection. I'm off to find my next read!

Reactions: 3
Did anyone pick over her dead body by Susan Walter as their amazon first read choice this month? I have just finished it and I thought it was one of the better books from AFR selection. I'm off to find my next read!

I just checked and it's in my library so good to know thank you. I've returned some Prime books without even reading cause they were just sitting in my kindle and I kept ignoring them.

Reactions: 4
I started it but was actually really disappointed. Sounds stupid when it's about tennis but all the tennis was boring me :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I don’t understand the rules of tennis at all. That’s how I felt reading queens gambit- I don’t understand chess either 😂

Reactions: 5
I have gone through and either read all the recently recommended books or they just didn't interest me, but I am back in hospital with only my Kindle for company. Does anyone have any other suggestions for recentish books before I lose my mind to boredom? I will read anything but no romance or sci fi.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ive read 8 books this month and every single one has been 3 stars 😑 not sure Im the best person to ask 😂

I have enjoyed this year Louise Kennedy - Trespasses, Small Things Like These - Claire Keegan, Im Glad My Mom Died - Jeanette McCurdy, Razorblade Tears S.A Crosby.

Books I want to read - Crossroads by Jonathan Franzen, Elena Knows by Claudia Pineiro, Blacktop Wasteland by S.A Crosby, The Troubles With Us by Alix O'Neill, Ocean State by Stewart O'Nan.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have gone through and either read all the recently recommended books or they just didn't interest me, but I am back in hospital with only my Kindle for company. Does anyone have any other suggestions for recentish books before I lose my mind to boredom? I will read anything but no romance or sci fi.
Oh no @ordinaryjelly, hope you’re not feeling too bad and get back home soon.

I’ve just finished Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton about a school shooting but at a British school rather than American. It was a pretty good quick read, some things a bit predictable but enough that I wasn’t expecting to make it tense!

Other recent good reads -
My Other Husband by Dorothy Koomson
Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
The House In The Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
The Sweetness of Water by Nathan Harris

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh no @ordinaryjelly, hope you’re not feeling too bad and get back home soon.

I’ve just finished Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton about a school shooting but at a British school rather than American. It was a pretty good quick read, some things a bit predictable but enough that I wasn’t expecting to make it tense!

Other recent good reads -
My Other Husband by Dorothy Koomson
Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
The House In The Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
The Sweetness of Water by Nathan Harris
I loved Three Hours, House in the Cerulean Sea and the Sweetness of Water. Flawless taste!

• Haha
Ive read 8 books this month and every single one has been 3 stars 😑 not sure Im the best person to ask 😂

I have enjoyed this year Louise Kennedy - Trespasses, Small Things Like These - Claire Keegan, Im Glad My Mom Died - Jeanette McCurdy, Razorblade Tears S.A Crosby.

Books I want to read - Crossroads by Jonathan Franzen, Elena Knows by Claudia Pineiro, Blacktop Wasteland by S.A Crosby, The Troubles With Us by Alix O'Neill, Ocean State by Stewart O'Nan.
I have gone for Trespasses first, downloaded it this morning and am 67% through. Took me a while to get used to the no quotation marks but once I did I can't get enough of it. Kindle has run out of power now. 😕

Reactions: 5
I second Trespasses. One of my fav reads of the year.
Magpie was very meh 2.5*. I just didn’t care about it at all.

I have gone for Trespasses first, downloaded it this morning and am 67% through. Took me a while to get used to the no quotation marks but once I did I can't get enough of it. Kindle has run out of power now. 😕
Ah Im so glad youre enjoying it. I think its a book that will stick with me for a long time.

• Heart
I'm reading Circe. Nearly finished now. Absolutely love it. What a brilliant read. Would highly recommend if you're looking for something a bit different but beautifully written.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
same! i think sport is a difficult thing to try and depict on the page anyway, but tjr didn’t seem to write with any genuine love of tennis, rather that she was writing about a character who happened to be a tennis player (if that make sense 🤣) - it made all the game descriptions dull for me and that was tricky considering it was the crux of the book.

i’m reading the most fun we ever had by claire lombardo and am finding it a little overwritten! it’s the last of my summer reads before i start my autumn reads pile (yes i’m very behind!) so i’m keen to finish it but struggling.
Definitely stick with The Most Fun We Ever Had. I loved it. X
I've just finished The Echo Chamber by John Boyne. It was a bonkers read and quite funny. So I'm now onto The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley. I've read The Guest List and The Hunting Party and thought they were ok. But apparently this has had quite good reviews. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
I'm reading Circe. Nearly finished now. Absolutely love it. What a brilliant read. Would highly recommend if you're looking for something a bit different but beautifully written.
I just finished it yesterday! Really enjoyed it

• Heart
Have you read the song of Achilles? I loved it even more than Circe!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.