Book Club January - Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am about 100 pages in and enjoying it. It was definitely a slow burn at first though.

Reactions: 1
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and get it, I’ll start it once I’ve finished my current read 🙂

I have surprised myself by how much I’m enjoying it. I’ve around fifty pages yet, powering through it!

It reminds me of the tv series Halt and Catch Fire.

I am really struggling, I’ve been so used to reading on my kindle that I can’t read a proper book anymore 😆 should’ve bought the kindle version but the hardback is so pretty!

Just finished Girl A.

what can I say.

I’m glad I read it.

I didn’t love it.
But I did love the storyline.
I give it a very so,I’d 4.75 out of 5. I just found it a struggle to follow. Might be my illness.
I just found the chapters way too long and without direction. They didn’t seem to be clearly or even really be linked with the writing of the chapter and because it is not presented linear I found it a bit confusing to follow. As well as reading I doubled up what I read each day with the audio version at night. This helped me follow better.

overall, I liked the storyline idea but I think the author was a little too adventurous without giving the reader enough direction ... maybe this was her goal because, without giving the plot away, I’m guessing she wants us to feel confused by it all as are the adult children protagonists.

Starting ‘tomorrow’, tomorrow LoL

I am 25% of the way in. Enjoying it so far but it really reminds me of another book? I can't put my finger on what it is but it feels very similar to something else I have read.

I am 25% of the way in. Enjoying it so far but it really reminds me of another book? I can't put my finger on what it is but it feels very similar to something else I have read.
I felt it similar to the book “the amazing adventures of kavalier and clay” and also the tv series “halt and catch fire”.

I think it might be Ready Player Two (sequel to Ready Player One) it reminds me of.

Oh no. I despised RPO 😭

I haven’t started Tomorrow x3 yet though
I loved RPO and RPT was terrible.

I think it's just the boy and girl designing a game their relationship etc. That is similar to RP2 that's about it

I’ve just finished it. I really, really enjoyed it. Has anyone read anything else by the author?

I'm joining in since I managed to nab the book in the 99p kindle deals. Started it earlier and have had to use the dictionary function on my kindle quite a few times already. She likes to use her impressive vocalbury for sure.

[/SPOILER

Discovered the word "queef" today, never heard of it before.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm joining in since I managed to nab the book in the 99p kindle deals. Started it earlier and have had to use the dictionary function on my kindle quite a few times already. She likes to use her impressive vocalbury for sure.

[/SPOILER

Discovered the word "queef" today, never heard of it before.
Yep me too. I’ve never had to lookup so many words in so few chapters. I’m only on chapter 4. Must say, I’m enjoying it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.