Book Club January - Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I missed the 99p deal and was going to invest if the reviews here were good, not sure I’ll bother now 😕

I also loved it :ROFLMAO: I raced through it. I do really love books that follow characters through the years though, and I liked the characters in this book. It is a shame that it is very similar/potentially copied from the plot of Love and Other Words though - I read Every Summer After first and thought it was much better than Love and Other Words as the characters in the latter felt really flat and cringey - it is very well reviewed though!

Reactions: 2
I missed the 99p deal and was going to invest if the reviews here were good, not sure I’ll bother now 😕
For the first time ever I've actually asked for a refund on the book. Personally found it uneventful and uninteresting.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Finished the book. Didn't hate it, but it was pretty dull and predictable.
I had covid 1.11 and I’m still not recovered. Considering the overall reviews so far, I’m going to skip this one. I can’t concentrate. I’m still in the middle of girl A too, but it’s been that long since I read any I might have to start that one again.

Just finished the book and I did actually enjoy it 😃 I rated it 4.5 rounded to 5 on Goodreads
Thank you @Caffeine Fiend for encouraging me to carry on reading it 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello all. Sorry I am a bit late with this post, Christmas and life got on top of me.

I hope Father Christmas brought us all some great reads!

Please suggest books for January, I will collate the likes on Friday 30th at lunchtime to give us chance in case it is a 99p book.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Seems like a lot have got tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow from Father Christmas so I would like to nominate that

Reactions: 6
I didn’t manage to read this month’s suggestion. Had covid and just couldn’t get over it.
So I’m staying again in 2023. Aiming to read every suggestion if I either already have it or it’s 0.99.

For January, I’m going to suggest Snuggie Bain.

Amazon product

Reactions: 3
I got Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow for Christmas so would happily read it for book club or I would be more than happy to re-read Shuggie Bain 😊 always want to talk about it.

Reactions: 2
It seems a lot must be all read out after Christmas as we only had two nominations. That or we all received Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow from Farther Christmas.

Tomorow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow 6 votes
Shugie Bain 3 votes

So our first book of 2023 will be Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow, by Gabrielle Zelvin. Jointly suggested by @Tit4Tattle and @Caffeine Fiend (her 4th winning suggestion)

This book is still only available in hardback so I hope that won't put too many off joining in.

In an effort to support Jeff Bezos less I'll be linking to my favourite independent bookseller. This book is not a 99p Kindle deal (may change on 1st) and of course you are free to buy from wherever you want.

It seems a lot must be all read out after Christmas as we only had two nominations. That or we all received Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow from Farther Christmas.

Tomorow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow 6 votes
Shugie Bain 3 votes

So our first book of 2023 will be Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow, by Gabrielle Zelvin. Jointly suggested by @Tit4Tattle and @Caffeine Fiend (her 4th winning suggestion)

This book is still only available in hardback so I hope that won't put too many off joining in.

In an effort to support Jeff Bezos less I'll be linking to my favourite independent bookseller. This book is not a 99p Kindle deal (may change on 1st) and of course you are free to buy from wherever you want.

I’ll do my best to get this in time for reading at some point in January. But, I’m not paying £7.99 (only buy kindle books because of space). If it doesn’t go on offer in January I will buy it whenever it does and read it then as it’s part of my A-Z challenge. For now, I’m restarting Girl A again. I’ve had four non starters with this one but I’m determined to read it through. I’ve even borrowed the audio from my listening books library (membership is free for disabled people).

The A-Z challenge sounds fun, I'm away from my stash of tbr and it would only encourage me to buy more books so I'm not doing it!

Ive been dying to suggest Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow for months but never did because of the cost. 🙈 so Im glad we are here. Sad for Shuggie though. Could talk about it for days 😭

Ive been dying to suggest Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow for months but never did because of the cost. 🙈 so Im glad we are here. Sad for Shuggie though. Could talk about it for days 😭
I got Shuggie on digital audio from my local library. I’ve been listening to it at night and what I’ve hear of it is brilliant. Should definitely be a move or a drama series.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.