Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh well his sleep has been terrible since 4 months and never got better, even at his best in the past 6 months he's only managed 2 hours between wake ups and he has to sleep in our bed each night otherwise we get no sleep at all. So I haven't had more than 2 hours consecutive sleep in 6 months (which I know I'm far from alone on here with that!) so I think the sleep deprivation is making it all feel harder too.

So it's hard to identify if there is anything bothering him because he wakes up constantly no matter what's going on!
We also had the same. He was fine til 4 months then it went tits up until probably last week (he is almost 11 months now)

Some people have good sleepers. We do not 😭

Does he start off in his own bed then come to yours?

Reactions: 1
Is there anyone on here who just never bothered returning to work? My husband keeps saying I should go back and put my wages into savings but once I pay a child minder, another car, 2 lots of car insurance, lunches, petrol etc what actually is the point?

I took him to see the only child minder who could accommodate my husbands shift work and she had a cat.. he chased the cat the whole 45 minutes I was there and grabbed it multiple times😳. She also had 3 dogs and he screamed for majority of it.

I really don’t want to go back but my husband doesn’t seem impressed even though there is clearly disposable income considering he manages many hobbies a week, eats out every weekend, holidays every year🤔🤔🤔🤔he keeps turning it onto me having my ‘own independence’🙃
I left my job March last year it was such a difficult decision to make because it was a job that I absolutely loved and I had worked so hard to get to the position I was in but to have another baby with my other 2 it wasn’t going to work. My husband had just started his own business the year before and he works all over, a lot of the time away from home so we had long discussions about it and we decided that it would be good for me to be a sahm. It’s so bloody hard honestly some days I crave for that time at work but I wouldn’t change it for the world.

KW in bed full of a "cold" not the one the kids have had for 2 weeks. He's naturally got a special kind of cold, dossed up on night nurse. Who's the head awake with the kids again? Like I have been every night for 3 weeks? One baby, I don't mind. But when there's two screaming babies to settle, an extra pair of hands would be nice. Every day recently we've started our day at 5am. I'm managing 2 hours a night. I'm beyond exhausted.

Oh, I'm also coming down with what ever illness seems to be lingering in the house, but will I get to neck a bottle of night nurse tomorrow? Of course not, someone's gotta get up with the kids 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@TheBabeWithThePower so my second was a horror show of a baby. Cried constantly until he was two, didn’t sleep, would be awake for hours every night, I couldn’t ever set him down.
The way I learned to kind of get five minutes was when he went to bed, I went too. Armed with iPad/book/drinks/snacks and had my evening there. I got to watch what I wanted, and read or whatever it was. I think reframing that as my me time, rather than time I was held hostage, really helped me out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@TheBabeWithThePower so my second was a horror show of a baby. Cried constantly until he was two, didn’t sleep, would be awake for hours every night, I couldn’t ever set him down.
The way I learned to kind of get five minutes was when he went to bed, I went too. Armed with iPad/book/drinks/snacks and had my evening there. I got to watch what I wanted, and read or whatever it was. I think reframing that as my me time, rather than time I was held hostage, really helped me out.
This is my current reality. Snacks in bed, a book, catching up on a group chat. All done in bed with a sleeping baby next to me

Reactions: 5
This is my current reality. Snacks in bed, a book, catching up on a group chat. All done in bed with a sleeping baby next to me
When I was able to make that shift from feeling trapped and thinking about how I was missing out on evenings, to feeling that it was ok and quite nice to be snuggled up in bed catching up on tv and books, it helped me so much! And any time I get away from the bed is then a bonus.

Reactions: 4
When I was able to make that shift from feeling trapped and thinking about how I was missing out on evenings, to feeling that it was ok and quite nice to be snuggled up in bed catching up on tv and books, it helped me so much! And any time I get away from the bed is then a bonus.
Yes it definitely helps when I remember my headphones to watch TV on my phone and my Kindle... I think I miss time with my husband too! But I guess just got to remember that that time will come back, this isn't forever.

• Heart
Yes it definitely helps when I remember my headphones to watch TV on my phone and my Kindle... I think I miss time with my husband too! But I guess just got to remember that that time will come back, this isn't forever.
It goes oh so very fast. I was out shopping with my 13 yo the other day after school and she said ‘mum do you realise I’m going to be in year 11 next year’ 🤯 I felt like crying. I honestly don’t know where the last almost 14years have gone with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It goes oh so very fast. I was out shopping with my 13 yo the other day after school and she said ‘mum do you realise I’m going to be in year 11 next year’ 🤯 I felt like crying. I honestly don’t know where the last almost 14years have gone with her.
My eldest is 6 in Feb 6!!!! WTF! I don’t know where the times gone 😭
ETA I’m now sat here crying quietly though cause I’m putting the baby to bed. She’s 18 months on Tuesday, oh that’s made me cry more 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My baby girl is one in less than a month 😪 I am getting asked what people can get her for her bday and just wanted to see what was the best present their one year olds got/played with the most please as I’m not sure what to ask people to get her! Thank you in advance 😁

My baby girl is one in less than a month 😪 I am getting asked what people can get her for her bday and just wanted to see what was the best present their one year olds got/played with the most please as I’m not sure what to ask people to get her! Thank you in advance 😁
464955CE-6AD6-4C1E-88EE-182314E84DA0.jpeg

my baby’s 1in a couple of months and I’m asking for one of these he loved then when we’d go to sensory classes,I’ve had the tab open for months so I don’t forget
Other than that I have no recommendations probably just clothes cause it’s never ending and money towards days out/ soft play or his bank for shoes when he walks x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I would say get things that will last, so not necessarily toys for a 1yo as they will be outgrown quickly.
The best thing we have in our house is a wooden ride on (I’ll link similar below). I’ve said many times we’ve have this for 9 years now, and it’s used daily by all 4 kids. The absolute best toy we’ve owned, hands down.
Sarah’s silks are another fab toy our kids have loved. They use them for dressing up, playing babies, all sorts of things.
Lots and lots of books ☺
Little peg people or other loose parts are fab too
Peg/knob jigsaws
Depending on your outdoor space some outside toys would be good too. A sandpit and sand toys, a water table etc

Amazon product

• Heart
What if we all just run away for a few days and leave the KWs in the tit? Genuinely wonder how badly that would go down sometimes :unsure:

Ok, thanks for telling me this, as it is also the same with my eldest 😭

• Heart
We’ve got Tommy a ball pit and from his Grandmas he’s getting a George pig rocking horse and a wooden activity cube. Other than that he’ll have probably some books (not that he could ever need more lol) and clothes. Tried to go for big things that would last because he loses interest in little toys so fast.

• Heart
We’ve got Tommy a ball pit and from his Grandmas he’s getting a George pig rocking horse and a wooden activity cube. Other than that he’ll have probably some books (not that he could ever need more lol) and clothes. Tried to go for big things that would last because he loses interest in little toys so fast.
Wait, no toy story? Are you sure? Are you okay?

• Haha
In my experience of knowing @jackolantern
It's actually a toy story activity cube.. And toy story clothes... And toy story ball pit
IF ONLY

---

But no, he’s also got a Bullseye teddy, Bunny and Ducky cushions for his ballpit, his Rex onesie and a WHOLE ASS TOY STORY THEMED PARTY, so I think we’re good x

(plus whatever else I buy on Vinted before then… 😂✌🏻)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.