Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby C isn't quite a boddler yet but this isn't really a "new baby" question either. I think from googling that this might be normal but would appreciate the thoughts of you wise ladies! He's lost almost 2lb since he was last weighed 6 weeks ago, and in that time we've started BLW. He still breastfeeds on demand day and night and has a bottle of formula before bed. Do you think it's something to be concerned about? He's not small by any means but has dropped from the 95th to the 72nd percentile which feels like a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Baby C isn't quite a boddler yet but this isn't really a "new baby" question either. I think from googling that this might be normal but would appreciate the thoughts of you wise ladies! He's lost almost 2lb since he was last weighed 6 weeks ago, and in that time we've started BLW. He still breastfeeds on demand day and night and has a bottle of formula before bed. Do you think it's something to be concerned about? He's not small by any means but has dropped from the 95th to the 72nd percentile which feels like a lot.
Is he on the move? Was the HV concerned? In my opinion (not giving facts as I am not medically trained) even though the centile chart looks like a massive drop, I don’t think it is. Maybe feed him breakfasts and add lots of cheese and chocolate waffles x

Reactions: 2
So has he actually lost weight rather than not gaining? Any weight loss in a little one I would be a bit concerned, hopefully it's nothing to worry about but I would get him checked out with a GP anyway.
Was it a HV who weighed him? Were they concerned or did they give any advice?

Reactions: 1
Thanks both. I just weigh him myself at a stay and play (seems to be all the rage here!) so no HV involvement - I'll drop her a message.

Thanks both. I just weigh him myself at a stay and play (seems to be all the rage here!) so no HV involvement - I'll drop her a message.
Could you ring her and say you’re a bit worried about his weight and ask for an appointment? We were under the weight review clinic for a while, have been discharged now but she said if I’m ever concerned about weight to ring up and they will see us again x (in my experience)

• Heart
Could you ring her and say you’re a bit worried about his weight and ask for an appointment? We were under the weight review clinic for a while, have been discharged now but she said if I’m ever concerned about weight to ring up and they will see us again x (in my experience)
Good idea, thanks Rita 🥰 This is new territory to me so just making me a bit nervous, I know it's silly compared to so many of the things others have been through! xx

• Heart
Weight ands baby’s is a big worry but honestly from what you’re saying he’s having plenty of milk. Please don’t sit there worrying call them and ask for their help and advice. I won’t tell you the last time I had my baby weighed🫣 but i am going to take her next week because she’s been ill and defiantly lost weight.

• Heart
Is he still having a similar amount of milk to what he would have before? I think mine took a while to drop bfs because he wasn’t really consuming much solid food for the first few months. He was under the HV for weight before we weaned though and they did say as they get to about 6 months and start moving a bit and weaning it can be common for them to fluctuate and drop a little bit initially. They’re generally really nice and would be more than happy to have a chat and assess him though in my experience. ❤

Good idea, thanks Rita 🥰 This is new territory to me so just making me a bit nervous, I know it's silly compared to so many of the things others have been through! xx
Gosh I don’t think that it’s a silly worry at all. Babies losing weight, or not gaining, or not gaining as they should, is definitely something to be concerned about and proactive about. I would say getting in with your HV and getting him weighed accurately over the next few weeks is the best place to start ❤

• Heart
Honestly, I’d be questioning if the scales were right. Two pounds is quite a lot of weight for a baby, he’d be looking noticeably skinnier?

Honestly, I’d be questioning if the scales were right. Two pounds is quite a lot of weight for a baby, he’d be looking noticeably skinnier?
I know, right? I'm doubting myself at this point, perhaps I made a mistake last time. 🙈 Will get it done accurately and hopefully all will be well, but I'll be proactive about it just in case. 😊
Is he still having a similar amount of milk to what he would have before? I think mine took a while to drop bfs because he wasn’t really consuming much solid food for the first few months. He was under the HV for weight before we weaned though and they did say as they get to about 6 months and start moving a bit and weaning it can be common for them to fluctuate and drop a little bit initially. They’re generally really nice and would be more than happy to have a chat and assess him though in my experience. ❤
Thank you ❤ He's having a little less milk but not significantly so. To be fair our HV was one of the rare nice ones even though we last saw her at 5 weeks, so hopefully she'll be the same 6 months on..!

• Heart
I know, right? I'm doubting myself at this point, perhaps I made a mistake last time. 🙈 Will get it done accurately and hopefully all will be well, but I'll be proactive about it just in case. 😊
Thank you ❤ He's having a little less milk but not significantly so. To be fair our HV was one of the rare nice ones even though we last saw her at 5 weeks, so hopefully she'll be the same 6 months on..!
I agree that 2lbs is quite a lot.
My 4yo was in hospital and didn't eat for 10 days, and even then, she only lost 2lb

• Heart
Sorry guys just got round to being on my stone age laptop yes OK to reply. Thank you all for being so lovely. I know you are all right, just gets you down sometimes doesn't it. Sorry to hear anyone else has felt the same :( Have to remind ourselves we are all fab mummies who constantly show up for our little ones no matter how hard it gets and that's what counts.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is there anyone on here who just never bothered returning to work? My husband keeps saying I should go back and put my wages into savings but once I pay a child minder, another car, 2 lots of car insurance, lunches, petrol etc what actually is the point?

I took him to see the only child minder who could accommodate my husbands shift work and she had a cat.. he chased the cat the whole 45 minutes I was there and grabbed it multiple times😳. She also had 3 dogs and he screamed for majority of it.

I really don’t want to go back but my husband doesn’t seem impressed even though there is clearly disposable income considering he manages many hobbies a week, eats out every weekend, holidays every year🤔🤔🤔🤔he keeps turning it onto me having my ‘own independence’🙃

Is there anyone on here who just never bothered returning to work? My husband keeps saying I should go back and put my wages into savings but once I pay a child minder, another car, 2 lots of car insurance, lunches, petrol etc what actually is the point?

I took him to see the only child minder who could accommodate my husbands shift work and she had a cat.. he chased the cat the whole 45 minutes I was there and grabbed it multiple times😳. She also had 3 dogs and he screamed for majority of it.

I really don’t want to go back but my husband doesn’t seem impressed even though there is clearly disposable income considering he manages many hobbies a week, eats out every weekend, holidays every year🤔🤔🤔🤔he keeps turning it onto me having my ‘own independence’🙃
I didn't.
For childcare, i would have been £50 a month better off and I'd rather be at home than have that £50 for working.
We're lucky to be in the position we can afford it (just).

I finished work for mat leave at 29 weeks because I knew I wouldn't be returning and then handed in my notice 2 weeks before mat leave ended.

• Heart
I didn't.
For childcare, i would have been £50 a month better off and I'd rather be at home than have that £50 for working.
We're lucky to be in the position we can afford it (just).

I finished work for mat leave at 29 weeks because I knew I wouldn't be returning and then handed in my notice 2 weeks before mat leave ended.
Very similar situation then I think I left about 27w because I truthfully couldn’t be arsed and meant my husband could take my car to work. I don’t think he seems to grasp the extra work it would be cause is he going to take sick days if no child care? I doubt it..

I didn’t go back but we had a lot of conversations about it even when I was pregnant to make sure he would be happy with the situation as well as I felt awkward about being financially dependant on him.

We’ve had to make some cuts and watch our spending more but we didn’t want it to be like I have to keep asking him for money so he transfers me a set amount each month to cover any baby groups I might want to take him to, my phone bill etc and will make sure there’s diesel in the car. If it’s something you want to do I’d definitely sit down with him and work out how it would look for you both financially x

I didn’t go back but we had a lot of conversations about it even when I was pregnant to make sure he would be happy with the situation as well as I felt awkward about being financially dependant on him.

We’ve had to make some cuts and watch our spending more but we didn’t want it to be like I have to keep asking him for money so he transfers me a set amount each month to cover any baby groups I might want to take him to, my phone bill etc and will make sure there’s diesel in the car. If it’s something you want to do I’d definitely sit down with him and work out how it would look for you both financially x
That’s what we do at the moment he sends me the amount for bills that cone out of my bank and then sends me money for food shopping and a few hundred every month for whatever I want to do but I always have spare and put it in savings anyway. He seems to only be bothered about the savings aspect but work 5 days a week for minimal extra money seems a lot of extra work when he does f all around the house and has never turned the washing machine on before.

That’s what we do at the moment he sends me the amount for bills that cone out of my bank and then sends me money for food shopping and a few hundred every month for whatever I want to do but I always have spare and put it in savings anyway. He seems to only be bothered about the savings aspect but work 5 days a week for minimal extra money seems a lot of extra work when he does f all around the house and has never turned the washing machine on before.
Ok I didn’t so I’m not sure if my opinion is valid haha, but I would have if I could and we discussed it briefly before realising it was a non starter. For what it’s worth, I think you both have to be on board with it, or he might start to get a bit resentful and it could cause some issues down the line BUT he also needs to understand if he’s really not happy with it and you end up back full time, taking time off because the baby is poorly is split between you, along with housework etc, it really doesn’t work both ways! Could you go back a couple of days a week as a happy medium?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.