Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there anyone on here who just never bothered returning to work? My husband keeps saying I should go back and put my wages into savings but once I pay a child minder, another car, 2 lots of car insurance, lunches, petrol etc what actually is the point?

I took him to see the only child minder who could accommodate my husbands shift work and she had a cat.. he chased the cat the whole 45 minutes I was there and grabbed it multiple times😳. She also had 3 dogs and he screamed for majority of it.

I really don’t want to go back but my husband doesn’t seem impressed even though there is clearly disposable income considering he manages many hobbies a week, eats out every weekend, holidays every year🤔🤔🤔🤔he keeps turning it onto me having my ‘own independence’🙃
4 animals seems like a lot at house where professional childcare is supposed to be happening - would she be seeing to/walking the dogs while the children are around, are they underfoot while the children are eating, are their day trips out and about restricted cos the pets need to be seen to etc. Massive massive red flag for me. Sod your ‘independence”.

Reactions: 3
Is there anyone on here who just never bothered returning to work? My husband keeps saying I should go back and put my wages into savings but once I pay a child minder, another car, 2 lots of car insurance, lunches, petrol etc what actually is the point?

I took him to see the only child minder who could accommodate my husbands shift work and she had a cat.. he chased the cat the whole 45 minutes I was there and grabbed it multiple times😳. She also had 3 dogs and he screamed for majority of it.

I really don’t want to go back but my husband doesn’t seem impressed even though there is clearly disposable income considering he manages many hobbies a week, eats out every weekend, holidays every year🤔🤔🤔🤔he keeps turning it onto me having my ‘own independence’🙃
I think it's a very individual thing, however it needs to be a team decision and not one that he is making for you.
I wanted to keep working a bit because of paying into a pension, keeping my skills in check for when I will want to work more when the kids are older etc, however we needed to work out how many hours I was going to ask for. We were very lucky to have family close by who were willing to offer 2 days of free childcare per week so this informed it a lot, and made it worth my while to go back 3 days per week, if we had to pay for childcare every day that I was working it would have been a different conversation.

It also was a factor that where we live you need a car to do almost anything so if I'd not worked I'd still need a car and be paying for fuel etc to take the kids out to places.

So the actual calculation and decision is totally personal but it's 100% not something that he can dictate to you about!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone got any tips on how to get my teething bolder to stop biting or grazing my nipples during feeds?

I really don’t want to stop breast feeding but it is getting so uncomfortable. I don’t even think she realises that she is doing it so seems a bit bewildered when I pop my finger in her mouth to release her latch and tell her no. The wee soul cried last night when I told her off as she was really hurting me 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone got any tips on how to get my teething bolder to stop biting or grazing my nipples during feeds?

I really don’t want to stop breast feeding but it is getting so uncomfortable. I don’t even think she realises that she is doing it so seems a bit bewildered when I pop my finger in her mouth to release her latch and tell her no. The wee soul cried last night when I told her off as she was really hurting me 😭
Has it just started and is she hungry when you’re giving her a feed? My little boy is worse when a tooth is coming through for about a week and then he might stop for a few weeks after that. I’ve not found anything that really works but when he’s teething it does tend to be at the end of the feed he’ll pull off with his teeth so when I sense he’s done I unlatch him and then I have to rock him to sleep (previously fed to sleep)! Sending solidarity, it’s horrible and makes you really tense!

• Heart

It's so hard, I am trying to remember what I did for this with my daughter, I think I just calmly explained that it was hurting mummy and that we had to try again, then I would say "big open mouth" and do it to show her and try to get her to open her mouth really wide so that I could shape my boob and try to get a good deep latch.

And I agree with the above, you might have to cut feeds short and just rock/sing/read/whatever you have to do to sleep for a little while until the teeth come through.

• Heart
Has it just started and is she hungry when you’re giving her a feed? My little boy is worse when a tooth is coming through for about a week and then he might stop for a few weeks after that. I’ve not found anything that really works but when he’s teething it does tend to be at the end of the feed he’ll pull off with his teeth so when I sense he’s done I unlatch him and then I have to rock him to sleep (previously fed to sleep)! Sending solidarity, it’s horrible and makes you really tense!
Yeah it’s only really been like this for a few days or so.

She had three bottom teeth come through and that was okay whilst feeding but since her two front teeth have come through and sort of descended it’s becoming almost unbearable.

I’d say it happens most times she is on the boob even if it’s more for comfort rather than hunger. I’ve just had to tell her no and take her off again and she has started crying, hopefully this will pass because its rubbish.

It does make you tense doesn’t it! It’s rubbish as I loved that this was our thing.

---

It's so hard, I am trying to remember what I did for this with my daughter, I think I just calmly explained that it was hurting mummy and that we had to try again, then I would say "big open mouth" and do it to show her and try to get her to open her mouth really wide so that I could shape my boob and try to get a good deep latch.

And I agree with the above, you might have to cut feeds short and just rock/sing/read/whatever you have to do to sleep for a little while until the teeth come through.
This is going to be a struggle as she has always been fed to sleep, aghhhhhhh why does teething suck so much!

Poor wee thing looks heartbroken when I tell her no😭

Thanks for the advice ladies, I think it’s going to be a long few days for us 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Apologies - I know it was v. Recently that we had a whole discussion about the 10/12month review and the raisin in a water bottle question. I’ve just had my questionnaire through and suddenly that whole discussion is making a lot more sense, but apologies if this is an obvious/basic question: Is it meant to be an empty water bottle or is the raisin meant to be floating around in water in it? Sorry to open that can of worms again!

• Heart

I rub anbesol on his gums before feeding him (when I remember) when he’s teething just to numb them a little it helps to stop him clamping down. But I also unlatch him and say ‘no that hurts mummy’ he obviously has no understanding of that but the more it’s said hopefully the less he does it.

Teething’s awful for them I feel so bad when they have no concept but are in pain!

• Heart
Does anyone have any advice for staying sane when they feel like their reserves are depleted?
Baby's sleep just gets worse and worse, he has been waking every half hour or so the last few nights all night. I spend more than 23 hours out of every 24 with one or both children and recently because his evening sleep has been so bad I haven't even been able to sit down with my husband and watch 20 minutes of TV.

I know this age and stage won't last forever but it's been a long nearly 10 months of this and I feel like I never get to recharge my batteries, I don't get to exercise, watch TV, garden, shower alone, and it's wearing me down. Words of wisdom are appreciated!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

4 animals? Is she actually registered? I have 2 and wouldn’t choose mini Waka to be around any. Constantly redirecting her from tails and hitting, can’t even brush my teeth to make sure she’s not alone with them.

Does anyone have any advice for staying sane when they feel like their reserves are depleted?
Baby's sleep just gets worse and worse, he has been waking every half hour or so the last few nights all night. I spend more than 23 hours out of every 24 with one or both children and recently because his evening sleep has been so bad I haven't even been able to sit down with my husband and watch 20 minutes of TV.

I know this age and stage won't last forever but it's been a long nearly 10 months of this and I feel like I never get to recharge my batteries, I don't get to exercise, watch TV, garden, shower alone, and it's wearing me down. Words of wisdom are appreciated!
No advice as such. But this is similar to our situation, the twins wake up atleast 15 times in the night each, and 9 times out of 10 wake each other so then our day can start anywhere from 3am.
Once the eldest is at school, it feels like the day is ready to be over. From 8pm I'm sat at the side of a cot patting someone, or sat downstairs in the dark waiting for someone to fall back to sleep on me.
Most times I'm doing it on my own because KW is selfishly asleep, or he's out of the country. The only way I've managed to find any sanity is finding a way to do something for me each day. Even if it's only 10minutes. Either a quick read of a book, or a podcast, or even a shower if someone isn't napping on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He has since
4 animals? Is she actually registered? I have 2 and wouldn’t choose mini Waka to be around any. Constantly redirecting her from tails and hitting, can’t even brush my teeth to make sure she’s not alone with them.
Yes she was registered and showed me certificate 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈🤔he grabbed the cat by the fur full!🙈I have no pets and he has never met a cat so maybe my fault but I have never saw him crawl so fast🤣🤣🤣 Husband has since said he only suggested work because I keep saying I am bored he also thought you just rocked up to nursery on a Wednesday one week and a friday the next and you pay them whenever you want 🤦🏼‍♀️ cause of his shifts we would only need child care 1 day some weeks but 4 the next but I don’t think that’s possible x

• Wow
I rub anbesol on his gums before feeding him (when I remember) when he’s teething just to numb them a little it helps to stop him clamping down. But I also unlatch him and say ‘no that hurts mummy’ he obviously has no understanding of that but the more it’s said hopefully the less he does it.

Teething’s awful for them I feel so bad when they have no concept but are in pain!
Anbesol is a good shout, maybe it’ll numb my boobs as well 🫠

It’s horrible watching them being in pain and knowing that it’ll all start over again when the next tooth arrives 😭

Apologies - I know it was v. Recently that we had a whole discussion about the 10/12month review and the raisin in a water bottle question. I’ve just had my questionnaire through and suddenly that whole discussion is making a lot more sense, but apologies if this is an obvious/basic question: Is it meant to be an empty water bottle or is the raisin meant to be floating around in water in it? Sorry to open that can of worms again!
Defo empty. Otherwise you WILL end up with water on the floor 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I wonder if there is some 10 month regression thing going on here, we had very similar sleep issues at that age luckily it seemed to pass after a few weeks.

It’s even worse because we expect the sleep issues to be over (particularly after the 4 month regression - horrendous)

Is there anything else bothering him causing the wake ups?

He has since

Yes she was registered and showed me certificate 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈🤔he grabbed the cat by the fur full!🙈I have no pets and he has never met a cat so maybe my fault but I have never saw him crawl so fast🤣🤣🤣 Husband has since said he only suggested work because I keep saying I am bored he also thought you just rocked up to nursery on a Wednesday one week and a friday the next and you pay them whenever you want 🤦🏼‍♀️ cause of his shifts we would only need child care 1 day some weeks but 4 the next but I don’t think that’s possible x
I have this same problem with my husbands shifts it’s a nightmare (in my experience)

I wonder if there is some 10 month regression thing going on here, we had very similar sleep issues at that age luckily it seemed to pass after a few weeks.

It’s even worse because we expect the sleep issues to be over (particularly after the 4 month regression - horrendous)

Is there anything else bothering him causing the wake ups?
Oh well his sleep has been terrible since 4 months and never got better, even at his best in the past 6 months he's only managed 2 hours between wake ups and he has to sleep in our bed each night otherwise we get no sleep at all. So I haven't had more than 2 hours consecutive sleep in 6 months (which I know I'm far from alone on here with that!) so I think the sleep deprivation is making it all feel harder too.

So it's hard to identify if there is anything bothering him because he wakes up constantly no matter what's going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.