Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Spoiler cuts exist for a reason :rolleyes:
And where did I spoil anything? By saying I enjoyed it and that there was a twist? Hardly a detailed breakdown of the episodes that needs to be hidden away. Trust me, I hate spoilers so I deliberately avoided anything spoilery. Me pointing out there was a twist isn’t a spoiler as twists are to be expected in a show like this and for what it’s worth, both my husband and I guessed completely different directions for how the episode would go.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

strawb

VIP Member
for me i think nosedive is also the best one, it's not just plausible for how the world could be one day, but we kinda already live in it, where the value of people is measured by the number of their followers and likes, so powerfully shown in that episode!

IMG_7907.jpeg

Reactions: 17

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Episode 3 could have been decent if it was half the length. Longer episodes really seem to drag.

My husband and I thought the ending was going to be Josh Hartnett killing Aaron Paul and then going back to Earth and pretending to be Aaron for the rest of his life.

Reactions: 17
I’ve only watched two so far. Joan Is Awful was okay, I wouldn’t watch it again.

Loch Henry was much better, felt more like Black Mirror because it wasnt so Americanised, it had a lot of recognisable faces from British tv and the beautiful scenery too made it feel a lot more authentic. Felt more like the channel 4 days. Like a lot of people I did guess the twist quite early on, but the execution was great and the performances were fantastic so it didn’t make it any less enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
They haven’t been as good since they have been Americanised. San Junipero is the best of the newer seasons but none are as good as Be Right Back or The entire history of you

Reactions: 11

Mark81

VIP Member
And it’s not like Black Mirror isn’t available to view in the UK yet, like in the case of US shows that air here later but you can find online. When would we ever stop spoiler tags in this case? There’s always gonna be someone who hasn’t watched it. Ahh Tattle politics 🥲

Episode 4 was the dud for me. Loved both 1 and 2, 3 and 5 were OK. All in all I think it was solid but nothing like it used to be, there’s nothing I’d choose to watch again like I do with some of the older episodes.
2 is probably the only one I'd rewatch

Also saying something has a twist is hardly a spoiler when it comes to Black Mirror

Reactions: 10

Tublet83

VIP Member
Love Blackmirror! I think i prefer the pre Netflix ones made for channel 4 as they were less glossy and American

emm

VIP Member
I cannot remember the name of it but one episode that often plays on my mind is that one where the (presuMbly) paedophile basically has to live the same day over and over being chased. Something like that is so clever as it is far away from something you could imagine happening, yet at the same time something some people would want. The ethics of it ate what makes it amazing

Insta09875

White bear was my all time favourite episode. If I was trying to convince someone to watch the show I would tell them to start with white bear and you’ll be hooked! I recently went back and watched it after a few years and I really didn’t enjoy it. I think because I knew the twist

Reactions: 9

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Saw a review in the guardian and Charlie Brooker wrote most of these in the lockdowns. He said he purposely skewed away from the dystopian era and technology turning communities against each other as it felt to close to what we were already going through. Think this explains the American horror story ish stuff we’re left with?

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
for me i think nosedive is also the best one, it's not just plausible for how the world could be one day, but we kinda already live in it, where the value of people is measured by the number of their followers and likes, so powerfully shown in that episode!

View attachment 2263914
I rewatched this other day and it’s definitely one of, if not my top, favourite. Bryce Dallas Howard is brilliant in it.

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
I thought the ending was going to be Aaron Paul jumping to conclusions and killing his own wife and child. It was a bit abrupt considering it was so long to begin with!
I don't get why the episode was so long and centred on Aaron Paul's overacting and screaming (which irked the hell out of me in Breaking Bad). Josh was actually way way way better in this episode -- subtle but very intense. Plus the perfect-melon roundness of Aaron Paul's head was very distracting.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

scot_nursey003

My ranking for this series episodes are:
1. Going by this thread I’m completely going against the grain here, but for me it was Beyond The Sea. I really enjoyed it and for me it felt the most “Black Mirror-y”
2. Loch Henry
3. Joan is Awful
4. Demon 79
5. Mazeydays
Overall, I’ve found the series entertaining, but it doesn’t feel like Black Mirror. Some of the early series had episodes which were brilliantly disturbing, and gave you a real sense of unease as you were watching them, and for a while afterwards too. I think as another poster said, what made the earlier ones so creepy was the feeling that the scenarios really did have the potential to play out in real life. So yeah, entertaining but disappointing overall.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member

There’s the link to the trailer - looks like there’s some very different episodes to look forward to. And some great cast members too!

Jellybb

VIP Member
Ok I absolutely loved demon 79! The only eps I would watch again would be that and loch Henry

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Appletiser

love this discussion!

Loch Henry intrigued but disturbed me, I used to love horrors but can’t cope with them anymore 😂 this series defo seems more violent and gruesome

My fave ever is Hang the DJ, I find the couple so cute together , I wasn’t as keen on San Junipero

the one where the young boy turns out to be a pweirdo stuck in my mind as well

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Got to say, feeling a bit smug at all the reviews online and in print and comments about how Joan is Awful was unrealistic and OTT and yet a month after its release the entirety of Hollywood has shut down and striking for the main reason as to what the plot was about.