Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ranking for this series episodes are:
1. Going by this thread I’m completely going against the grain here, but for me it was Beyond The Sea. I really enjoyed it and for me it felt the most “Black Mirror-y”
2. Loch Henry
3. Joan is Awful
4. Demon 79
5. Mazeydays
Overall, I’ve found the series entertaining, but it doesn’t feel like Black Mirror. Some of the early series had episodes which were brilliantly disturbing, and gave you a real sense of unease as you were watching them, and for a while afterwards too. I think as another poster said, what made the earlier ones so creepy was the feeling that the scenarios really did have the potential to play out in real life. So yeah, entertaining but disappointing overall.

Reactions: 8
I finished episodes 1+2. Bored lol. Didn't expect the ending of episode two though.

Skipped 3.

Didn't like 4.

On 5 now.

My ranking for this series episodes are:
1. Going by this thread I’m completely going against the grain here, but for me it was Beyond The Sea. I really enjoyed it and for me it felt the most “Black Mirror-y”
2. Loch Henry
3. Joan is Awful
4. Demon 79
5. Mazeydays
Overall, I’ve found the series entertaining, but it doesn’t feel like Black Mirror. Some of the early series had episodes which were brilliantly disturbing, and gave you a real sense of unease as you were watching them, and for a while afterwards too. I think as another poster said, what made the earlier ones so creepy was the feeling that the scenarios really did have the potential to play out in real life. So yeah, entertaining but disappointing overall.
I liked Beyond the sea too , i must admit it was too long and did drag on in parts but I liked the ending as I thought I had sussed it out but it obviously took a dark turn in the end

Reactions: 3
Episode 3 could have been decent if it was half the length. Longer episodes really seem to drag.

My husband and I thought the ending was going to be Josh Hartnett killing Aaron Paul and then going back to Earth and pretending to be Aaron for the rest of his life.

Reactions: 17
Episode 3 could have been decent if it was half the length. Longer episodes really seem to drag.

My husband and I thought the ending was going to be Josh Hartnett killing Aaron Paul and then going back to Earth and pretending to be Aaron for the rest of his life.
We also thought this. Just finished Demon 79. It was okay. Felt like a lot fell flat for me really.

I was very disturbed by Loch Henry.

Reactions: 5
It was an okay(ish) series but the Americanization of it makes it feel quite Hollywood - espeically Beyond The Sea. Also then some of the episodes seemed more like an episode of American Horror Story than Black Mirror. I think it's lost the sense of what it used to be about.

Reactions: 6
So I’m done with series 6. I’d say my rankings are;
1st Joan is Awful
2nd Loch Henry
3rd Beyond the Sea
4th Demon 79
5th Mazey Day

What I have always loved about Black Mirror is that the storylines seem plausible in an almost touching distance future but this series took that feel away, with perhaps the exception of Joan is Awful. I’ve enjoyed watching them all (to different degrees) but it’s the least Black Mirorr-y series yet.

Reactions: 4
I have to say I am not really inspired to watch any of this season. I watched Joan is awful and it was ok but skipped through bits. Quickly gave up and googled what happened in Loch Henry.
I think I am just going to read a recap of each episode instead... anyone else feeling like this?

Reactions: 1
Massive black mirror fan so I am enjoying the season although it’s not the best (by far). I’ve watched episode 1/2/3 so far and I’m getting American horror story vibes it just seems so Americanised

I can't get through ep 3, I'm near the end and had to switch off. I guessed the guy would fall for the wife, I don't even care how it ends..

Are the other EPs worth watching? Loved loch Henry but that's it so far.

It was an okay(ish) series but the Americanization of it makes it feel quite Hollywood - espeically Beyond The Sea. Also then some of the episodes seemed more like an episode of American Horror Story than Black Mirror. I think it's lost the sense of what it used to be about.
Totally agree just seen your post after I wrote mine comparing it to AHS. Let’s hope the new season of AHS is an improvement from the last few 😄

Reactions: 1
I've just watched Mazey Days. Possibly the worst Black Mirror episode yet. It didn't even feel like Black Mirror. I think I'd watch the robot dog one again over that one.

My favourite BM episode has always been the Entire History of You. Followed by San Junipero I think.

Reactions: 7
I've just watched Mazey Days. Possibly the worst Black Mirror episode yet. It didn't even feel like Black Mirror. I think I'd watch the robot dog one again over that one.

My favourite BM episode has always been the Entire History of You. Followed by San Junipero I think.
mazey days was truly awful.
The supernatural stuff doesn’t work for me, it doesn’t feel like it fits the tone of black mirror. Such a huge cop out ending.

I really disliked this season. It just didn’t feel like Black mirror-rather just a collection of random stories.

The demon episode was the worst.
---
Older episodes that made the show watching:

-Boston dynamics esq robots hunting humans.

-Instagram related credit score world.

-Filming a murder, then being forced to relive the day and it being turned into a park.

Reactions: 4
Saw a review in the guardian and Charlie Brooker wrote most of these in the lockdowns. He said he purposely skewed away from the dystopian era and technology turning communities against each other as it felt to close to what we were already going through. Think this explains the American horror story ish stuff we’re left with?

Reactions: 9
So I’m done with series 6. I’d say my rankings are;
1st Joan is Awful
2nd Loch Henry
3rd Beyond the Sea
4th Demon 79
5th Mazey Day

What I have always loved about Black Mirror is that the storylines seem plausible in an almost touching distance future but this series took that feel away, with perhaps the exception of Joan is Awful. I’ve enjoyed watching them all (to different degrees) but it’s the least Black Mirorr-y series yet.
Loch Henry is completely plausible though?

I think every series of black mirror has had its good and bad right back to the very beginning.

Reactions: 6
Loch Henry is completely plausible though?

I think every series of black mirror has had its good and bad right back to the very beginning.
Oh yea that one is definitely plausible today - totally forgot about that one. I think I was focused more on the plausible in the future element so missed off Loch Henry.

There’s definitely good and bad in each series - it’s like Inside No.9. Because each episode is completely different they’re always going to appeal to different audiences but this series of BM just feels such a shift away from what’s come before.

Reactions: 5