Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Episode 3 could have been decent if it was half the length. Longer episodes really seem to drag.

My husband and I thought the ending was going to be Josh Hartnett killing Aaron Paul and then going back to Earth and pretending to be Aaron for the rest of his life.
We also thought this. Just finished Demon 79. It was okay. Felt like a lot fell flat for me really.

I was very disturbed by Loch Henry.

Reactions: 5

Tabitha

VIP Member
Finally finished this series (super late, I know).
Demon 79 was ok but didn’t feel very Black Mirror to me. Anyone notice the lead star’s surname was Huq? Wondered if that was a sweet homage to Konnie Huq, Charlie Brooker’s wife.

Tabitha

VIP Member
Loch henry

the scene where they’re having sex and the mum is listening and looks at the photo of her husband just became so creepy

BBC1HD

VIP Member
Just finished watching season 6 and thought all of them was utter shite.

Episode 1 would have been great if it came out 10 years ago. All the others...massive disappointment.

Black mirror went down the shitter once it went to Netflix

emm

VIP Member
I'm watching the loch one now. I don't think I've ever found episodes of black mirror as dull as this. It's just like any other series atthis point , the thing about black mirror in other seasons was that everything seemed something plausible, either now or in the near future

orangehead

VIP Member
Loch Henry was my favourite
Demon 79 second
Joan is awful third

didn't finish mazes day or beyond the sea.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Entertaining thought about Loch Henry that the amount of swearing from one character could only be allowed freely on somewhere like Netflix, but I do know a lot of people in Scotland who use swearing as punctuation and the c word as a term of endearment so it was probably the least shocking part of the episode 🤣

• Haha

Insta09875

Watched them all now and i enjoyed Demon 79 / somewhere beyond the sea most .. the others were ok but not my cup of tea I wouldn’t go back and watch any of them again though

iieee

VIP Member
Me and OH can't work out why they didn't have the real men on earth and the replicants in the space ship if they had that technology. Why would you put humans at risk in space if no need?!
Also I guessed the ending and this episode blew 🤣

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
I also don’t know why, if people are THAT anxious of spoilers, they don’t just avoid the thread?
And it’s not like Black Mirror isn’t available to view in the UK yet, like in the case of US shows that air here later but you can find online. When would we ever stop spoiler tags in this case? There’s always gonna be someone who hasn’t watched it. Ahh Tattle politics 🥲

Episode 4 was the dud for me. Loved both 1 and 2, 3 and 5 were OK. All in all I think it was solid but nothing like it used to be, there’s nothing I’d choose to watch again like I do with some of the older episodes.

Alexaj

VIP Member
Mine goes:

Loch Henry
Beyond the Sea (needed editing)
Demon 79 (apparently supernatural episodes are 'Red Mirror'. Just save it for a different series... although I didn't hate it, I was just disappointed that there was no technological twist)
Joan is Awful (just a silly episode)
Mazey Daze (absolute crap. Heavy handed message and lazy plot twist)

Reactions: 4

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
So I’m done with series 6. I’d say my rankings are;
1st Joan is Awful
2nd Loch Henry
3rd Beyond the Sea
4th Demon 79
5th Mazey Day

What I have always loved about Black Mirror is that the storylines seem plausible in an almost touching distance future but this series took that feel away, with perhaps the exception of Joan is Awful. I’ve enjoyed watching them all (to different degrees) but it’s the least Black Mirorr-y series yet.

Kerrie86

Chatty Member
I’ve not seen the final two but liked beyond the sea. I remember really liked black museum as well, but my favourite is probably hang the dj. I love the concept of it, and I think it’s brilliantly cast too.
I expected Josh Hartnetts character to do something to trap Aaron Paul outside the aircraft at reactor four, then use his tag to go back ‘down’, knowing that his wife basically would have no choice but to go along with it, as she knew they shouldn’t have swapped tags

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
National Anthem so near the bottom 😮 that is peak Black Mirror for me. I’ll always remember watching it in my childhood bedroom with my jaw on the floor.