Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished watching S6 last night! The girl from ep 2 was insufferable so
I was glad when she died, even though she technically helped uncover the evil mum. I knew the mum was a weirdo from the offset too haha
She's insufferable in that other show she's in too (on bb2 I think? Name escapes me).

Reactions: 2
I thought the ending was going to be Aaron Paul jumping to conclusions and killing his own wife and child. It was a bit abrupt considering it was so long to begin with!
I don't get why the episode was so long and centred on Aaron Paul's overacting and screaming (which irked the hell out of me in Breaking Bad). Josh was actually way way way better in this episode -- subtle but very intense. Plus the perfect-melon roundness of Aaron Paul's head was very distracting.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't get why the episode was so long and centred on Aaron Paul's overacting and screaming (which irked the hell out of me in Breaking Bad). Josh was actually way way way better in this episode -- subtle but very intense. Plus the perfect-melon roundness of Aaron Paul's head was very distracting.
I don’t really like him as an actor. I think that’s what made it even more boring for me. I don’t understand the hype around him. Agree with you josh hartnett was way better, more understated and believable to watch.

Reactions: 1
Ok I absolutely loved demon 79! The only eps I would watch again would be that and loch Henry

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Rewatched The National Anthem yesterday as my other half hadn't seen yet...needless to say they did not expect the turn it takes 😅

Can't help but think this ongoing submersible news feels very Black Mirror.
Agree about the national anthem, I didn't watch black mirror for ages after that as it was so odd. Hilarious when the story about Cameron and the pig came put later though 😅

i loved national anthem! 😱 fell in love with black mirror right then and there

I'm watching the loch one now. I don't think I've ever found episodes of black mirror as dull as this. It's just like any other series atthis point , the thing about black mirror in other seasons was that everything seemed something plausible, either now or in the near future

Reactions: 5
Haven’t got to the end of the thread yet but surprised so far reading comments that so many saying Joan is Awful is awful, I thought it was excellent and by far the best of the series! On the whole I thought this was definitely an improvement over (the horrible) series 5. But it doesn’t outrank anything previous to series 3.

My ranking of the episodes of series 6:

1 - Joan is Awful
3 - Beyond the Sea
2 - Loch Henry
4 - Mazey Day
5 - Demon 79

Favourite episode overall is still a toss up between White Bear (S2) and Nosedive (S3)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
for me i think nosedive is also the best one, it's not just plausible for how the world could be one day, but we kinda already live in it, where the value of people is measured by the number of their followers and likes, so powerfully shown in that episode!

IMG_7907.jpeg

Reactions: 17
for me i think nosedive is also the best one, it's not just plausible for how the world could be one day, but we kinda already live in it, where the value of people is measured by the number of their followers and likes, so powerfully shown in that episode!

View attachment 2263914
I rewatched this other day and it’s definitely one of, if not my top, favourite. Bryce Dallas Howard is brilliant in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

View attachment 2263914
Yes I loved this episode, great storyline, thought provoking and I just love Bryce Dallas Howard.
---
I quite liked Loch Henry, but it wasn't very 'Black Mirror'....anyway I enjoyed it so not gonna complain

White bear was my all time favourite episode. If I was trying to convince someone to watch the show I would tell them to start with white bear and you’ll be hooked! I recently went back and watched it after a few years and I really didn’t enjoy it. I think because I knew the twist
Highly agree we was recommend white bear and watched it first made us hooked with series! Brilliant episode!
The last few seasons haven’t been the same in my opinion

Interesting conversation above, so I checked the highest rated episodes and was quite surprised at the RT top 10 -- White Bear isn't in the top 10, but seems to be a fave amongst many.

Men Against Fire is rated poorly but it's one of the ones that really stayed with me after I watched it.

And here's the IMDB rankings:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?series=tt2085059&sort=user_rating,desc&count=250&view=simple

IMDB's list is more in line with what I'd expect, although Demon 79 scores pretty high on RT yet is one of the lowest rated on IMDB.

Looks like the critics' experience and audience experience are very different.

San Junipero is the most overrated episode IMO and Hang the DJ - great concept but I found it boring. Hated in the Nation is one of the standouts for me but not rated that highly anywhere. So many episodes I completely forgot about. I actually didn't hate Metalhead - a lot of people seem to.

My ratings for the latest season:

Least favourite at 5 - Under the Sea
4. Joan is awful
3. Loch Henry
2. Mazey Day
1. Demon 79.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
my ratings for this season would be:

1. loch henry, favourite by far
2. under the sea, actually quite enjoyed it
3. joan is awful, good concept bad ending
4. demon 79, it was ok and that's it
5. mazey day, really didn't enjoy it

Why do so many people hate The Waldo Moment? I'm really not keen on the last 5 minutes but I'm obviously alone in thinking it's not a terrible episode.

As soon as the Rotten Tomatoes list had National Anthem at 100% I knew it was a BS list.

Why do so many people hate The Waldo Moment? I'm really not keen on the last 5 minutes but I'm obviously alone in thinking it's not a terrible episode.

As soon as the Rotten Tomatoes list had National Anthem at 100% I knew it was a BS list.
I’d much rather rewatch The National Anthem than The Waldo Moment - I always skip past Waldo when I’m rewatching. I just don’t get it at all. I understand the message behind it but the episode is so irritating.

One of the things l like best about Black Mirror is that everyone finds something different to like/dislike about it - makes for interesting conversations.

Reactions: 3
I'm indifferent to National Anthem but out of all BM episodes it's the one that pushed the envelope the furthest so I see why critics love it.