Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just re-watched 15 Million Merits and The Entire History Of You. Forgot how good they were. Definitely a completely different tone going on! I don't think I'd re-watch all the older episodes but going to have scroll through tomorrow and watch some more.

Reactions: 6
Watched them all now and i enjoyed Demon 79 / somewhere beyond the sea most .. the others were ok but not my cup of tea I wouldn’t go back and watch any of them again though

Reactions: 5
Currently rewatching them all and it's such a good series. Even with the less good episodes.
---
From memory the national anthem and uss callister were the worst ever for me. Be interesting to see if that's still the same rewatching them

Reactions: 2
Currently rewatching them all and it's such a good series. Even with the less good episodes.
---
From memory the national anthem and uss callister were the worst ever for me. Be interesting to see if that's still the same rewatching them
The National Anthem is such a bizarre viewing experience, especially for a first ever episode of a show, but it’s one of my favourites. The main sex with a pig scene is so vividly memorable and makes me feel sick just thinking about it but the overall themes and how it played out made for brilliant tv.

I remember enjoying USS Callister more the second time around. It’s not of my top or bottom episodes, just somewhere in the middle.

My least favourite is by far The Waldo Moment!

Me and OH can't work out why they didn't have the real men on earth and the replicants in the space ship if they had that technology. Why would you put humans at risk in space if no need?!
Also I guessed the ending and this episode blew 🤣

White bear was my all time favourite episode. If I was trying to convince someone to watch the show I would tell them to start with white bear and you’ll be hooked! I recently went back and watched it after a few years and I really didn’t enjoy it. I think because I knew the twist

Reactions: 9
Entertaining thought about Loch Henry that the amount of swearing from one character could only be allowed freely on somewhere like Netflix, but I do know a lot of people in Scotland who use swearing as punctuation and the c word as a term of endearment so it was probably the least shocking part of the episode 🤣

• Haha
Other than Mazey Day, I think the National Anthem is one of the worst. In fact, it put me off watching Black Mirror for years. The robot dog one was very dull too.

Reactions: 4
Rewatched The National Anthem yesterday as my other half hadn't seen yet...needless to say they did not expect the turn it takes 😅

Can't help but think this ongoing submersible news feels very Black Mirror.

Can't help but think this ongoing submersible news feels very Black Mirror.
That's exactly what I think !! The unfortunate irony in a submersible going on a voyage to visit a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean and getting lost. There's a lesson for us all in there somewhere sadly

Reactions: 6
I don't think they will ever beat the early episodes, its been a bag of tit for a while now!

Reactions: 3
Episode 3 could have been decent if it was half the length. Longer episodes really seem to drag.

My husband and I thought the ending was going to be Josh Hartnett killing Aaron Paul and then going back to Earth and pretending to be Aaron for the rest of his life.
yep that’s what we thought originally but the ship needed both of them to operate and therefore if one killed the other, they’d have very limited time before they themselves died. So they were just left up in space hating each other. Makes my day at work seem not so bad 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Having rewatched them all the star led ones aren't all bad.

The Christmas one with John Hamm is excellent, so is the social media one with Bryce Dallas Howard

I thought the ending was going to be Aaron Paul jumping to conclusions and killing his own wife and child. It was a bit abrupt considering it was so long to begin with!

Reactions: 1
I finished watching S6 last night! The girl from ep 2 was insufferable so
I was glad when she died, even though she technically helped uncover the evil mum. I knew the mum was a weirdo from the offset too haha

Reactions: 3