Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alexaj

VIP Member
I've just watched Mazey Days. Possibly the worst Black Mirror episode yet. It didn't even feel like Black Mirror. I think I'd watch the robot dog one again over that one.

My favourite BM episode has always been the Entire History of You. Followed by San Junipero I think.

Reactions: 7

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Episode 3 could have been decent if it was half the length. Longer episodes really seem to drag.

My husband and I thought the ending was going to be Josh Hartnett killing Aaron Paul and then going back to Earth and pretending to be Aaron for the rest of his life.
yep that’s what we thought originally but the ship needed both of them to operate and therefore if one killed the other, they’d have very limited time before they themselves died. So they were just left up in space hating each other. Makes my day at work seem not so bad 🤣.

• Haha
Currently watching the third episode, dear lord this is the most drawn out boring thing I’ve watched in a while. Why on Earth is it 1 hour 20. I want to give up 😭 just because it has Hollywood actors doesn’t mean you had to make it movie length.

• Haha

Tabitha

VIP Member
And where did I spoil anything? By saying I enjoyed it and that there was a twist? Hardly a detailed breakdown of the episodes that needs to be hidden away. Trust me, I hate spoilers so I deliberately avoided anything spoilery. Me pointing out there was a twist isn’t a spoiler as twists are to be expected in a show like this and for what it’s worth, both my husband and I guessed completely different directions for how the episode would go.
I also don’t know why, if people are THAT anxious of spoilers, they don’t just avoid the thread?

Reactions: 6

studmuffin12

Can't help but think this ongoing submersible news feels very Black Mirror.
That's exactly what I think !! The unfortunate irony in a submersible going on a voyage to visit a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean and getting lost. There's a lesson for us all in there somewhere sadly

Mark81

VIP Member
So I’m done with series 6. I’d say my rankings are;
1st Joan is Awful
2nd Loch Henry
3rd Beyond the Sea
4th Demon 79
5th Mazey Day

What I have always loved about Black Mirror is that the storylines seem plausible in an almost touching distance future but this series took that feel away, with perhaps the exception of Joan is Awful. I’ve enjoyed watching them all (to different degrees) but it’s the least Black Mirorr-y series yet.
Loch Henry is completely plausible though?

I think every series of black mirror has had its good and bad right back to the very beginning.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
LOVED episode 1 of season 6. Totally blew my mind at the end. Onto episode 2 now.
---
And loved episode 2 too! Guessed the twist in it but it didn’t away any enjoyment.

Last edited:

BigMavis

VIP Member
I've decided to watch people's favs, so I'm starting with Loch Henry, really enjoying it. It was killing me who was playing Janet, call the midwife fans its Monica Dolan who played the twins Meg and Mave Carter. She's great, her Scottish accent is more Irish though but Scottish is hard.

Warpaint

VIP Member
It was an okay(ish) series but the Americanization of it makes it feel quite Hollywood - espeically Beyond The Sea. Also then some of the episodes seemed more like an episode of American Horror Story than Black Mirror. I think it's lost the sense of what it used to be about.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Just re-watched 15 Million Merits and The Entire History Of You. Forgot how good they were. Definitely a completely different tone going on! I don't think I'd re-watch all the older episodes but going to have scroll through tomorrow and watch some more.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
This series seems to be splitting people. My partner and I watched Joan is Awful last night. We both thought it was brilliant. Blatant nod to the South Park episode "The Human Cent‐iPad" and also reminded me a bit of Severance. Salma was hilarious.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Loch Henry is completely plausible though?

I think every series of black mirror has had its good and bad right back to the very beginning.
Oh yea that one is definitely plausible today - totally forgot about that one. I think I was focused more on the plausible in the future element so missed off Loch Henry.

There’s definitely good and bad in each series - it’s like Inside No.9. Because each episode is completely different they’re always going to appeal to different audiences but this series of BM just feels such a shift away from what’s come before.

Reactions: 5

Web30

VIP Member
Episode one
that bored me. It started well but lost me half way through

Mark81

VIP Member
Having rewatched them all the star led ones aren't all bad.

The Christmas one with John Hamm is excellent, so is the social media one with Bryce Dallas Howard