Bille Faiers #4 Moving any day, baby on the way another nipper to babysit for supergran Suzayyyy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhhh #shoegate! I’m 100% with always offering to take my shoes off when I go in someone’s home and expecting the same back. I grew up like that, and have never known any different to be honest. Have also never come across anyone who hasn’t offered lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Are you American? I know they don’t take shoes off but most uk homes have carpets or at least they used to do it’s just common sense to remove shoes

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m not American but not British so I’m thinking maybe this is a British thing .

It’s interesting to hear about other cultures. So good to know for if I ever visit Great Britain though.
Sorry for derailing the thread and hope I didn’t come across offensive .

Reactions: 11
Ohhhh #shoegate! I’m 100% with always offering to take my shoes off when I go in someone’s home and expecting the same back. I grew up like that, and have never known any different to be honest. Have also never come across anyone who hasn’t offered lol.
Same! This is how I was brought up too. Even if I go to someone's house and it's an absolute shithole I still say "Would you like me to take my shoes off?" It's just polite.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Haha why would you wear shoes in th house ?
i leave mine by the front door to put on and take off couldn't think of anything worse than traipsing mud or worse on my carpets. Surprised this is surprising!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Haha why would you wear shoes in th house ?
i leave mine by the front door to put on and take off couldn't think of anything worse than traipsing mud or worse on my carpets. Surprised this is surprising!
If this is aimed at me I actually don’t wear shoes in my house. I wear slippers for comfort, but I would never ever dream of asking a visitor in my home to remove their shoes nor would I even think to take my shoes off entering someone else’s house. It’s just not the done thing where I come from. I don’t have carpets on the ground level nor do most people I know. I apologised for derailing the thread so I hope this clears things up for you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
If someone asked me to take my shoes off at their house I would leave. I have never heard of this before.
It's called respect.
I was brought up in a shoeless house.
The only time my mum relented out of embarrassment I unwittingly walked through the tit IN MY BARE FEET!!!! that said guest had walked through our house. It was plastered in it.
I'm still raging years later and the person to my knowledge didn't apologise or offer to replace the carpet which my mum couldn't afford to. 😡🤬

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Sorry but wearing shoes in the houses🤢. I don’t know anybody that does that. With my previous job i saw many homes that were just filthy I still always asked if they wanted me to take my shoes off.
Hmm gregg gives me the serious iccckkkk Good job she’s got her mum.

Reactions: 17
I would always take my shoes off when going in to someone’s house, it’s polite. I would also expect it in my house. I don’t want mud and all sorts being dragged in
Yep, It’s a normal thing to me.
Same! This is how I was brought up too. Even if I go to someone's house and it's an absolute shithole I still say "Would you like me to take my shoes off?" It's just polite.
if the place is clearly a tit hole, my shoes stay on I’m not dirtying up my socks!! 🤣

• Haha
Im shocked there arent more people like u. I live in London and travel on public transport everyday to get into work and have a cream rug, it would be stupid for me not to take my shoes of when i come in, this city is filthy. I also was my hands when i come home because again this city is gross and god knows what ive touched. I often look after my little cousin who crawls over the floor, how can I feel comfortable her crawling around on the floor which has remnants of dog poo, vomit, piss, viruses etc which will no doubt be on the bottom of my shoe no matter how much you wipe them on a doormat.
I have wood flooring in my hall and then it’s cream carpet, socks only please! Plus I have an 17 month old who puts everything in his mouth 😂 also it’s far cosier without shoes on, at least look like you wanna sit down for a bit 😂 leaving shoes on in like sitting in someone’s living room with your coat on

I just want to add my bit to #shoegate before we move on…. I do take my shoes off (and expect my children to) because theres horrid things on the bottom of shoes why would i want that in my house?? Also tho i dont do slippers so its shoes then bare feet.
There.

Reactions: 4
Both girls are Greg's drawing spit...I saw her post of her and Sam when they were kids today, Rosie is Sams double and Billies girls look nothing like her a bet she's fuming

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Unfortunate-looking kids all round. The looks of Gaynor and the criminal Lee Faiers are shining through, and no amount of prep schools or ski trips can change that...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
As if they just left Margot laid on the worktop for a posed family photo 😂
Screenshot_20230104-144642.png

• Haha
Nothing says class like a small child in a Juicy Couture tracksuit in hot pink velour

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.