Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We fundraised for my cousin (who is the same age as Shannen) who got his terminal diagnosis this year, due to ES which developed into secondary lung cancer. We found trials and treatment abroad that he could do but we needed to fundraise over 100k which would be purely for treatment. It took us a little over a month to get this money together and since then my cousin has been back and forward receiving multiple types of treatment. That fundraising we done was life or death, if we didn't get the money, there was no chance of him fighting this. Yes he is terminal but least now there's a small glimmer of hope that maybe these treatments might work.
When she fundraised it eluded that she was in a similar situation to my cousin. I donated to it as i could sympathise as we were also trying to raise funds. Not for his house, not for his gf at home, not for anything else but purely treatment and treatment alone. And he updates his gofund me regularly with updates on his treatments etc.
He's now in Mexico receiving treatment, if you could all keep him in prayers and send good vibes his way, it would be very much appreciated 💝

• Heart
Reactions: 66
A young woman fighting for her life, losing her identity, worrying about her daughter and future, lost fertility & probably forced into early menopause amongst countless other issues as well as probably not having a great prognosis....
Give her a break ffs! 😐
If everything on here
The go fund me page was allowed to get very high. And without a further donation to charity is very troubling.
I remember giving to this fund before and I still get little messages about receipts for money spent. The poor wee pet didn’t even make his target. If anyone had a spare euro , it might be nice to direct it here

The saddest thing is she has made me question ever giving to a Go Fund me ever again. She should be ashamed of herself. If she was my daughter I’d be totally mortified with her making money from cancer

We fundraised for my cousin (who is the same age as Shannen) who got his terminal diagnosis this year, due to ES which developed into secondary lung cancer. We found trials and treatment abroad that he could do but we needed to fundraise over 100k which would be purely for treatment. It took us a little over a month to get this money together and since then my cousin has been back and forward receiving multiple types of treatment. That fundraising we done was life or death, if we didn't get the money, there was no chance of him fighting this. Yes he is terminal but least now there's a small glimmer of hope that maybe these treatments might work.
When she fundraised it eluded that she was in a similar situation to my cousin. I donated to it as i could sympathise as we were also trying to raise funds. Not for his house, not for his gf at home, not for anything else but purely treatment and treatment alone. And he updates his gofund me regularly with updates on his treatments etc.
He's now in Mexico receiving treatment, if you could all keep him in prayers and send good vibes his way, it would be very much appreciated 💝
Sending so much love and I’ve got a candle lit for him. Hope his treatment keeps him with you for as long as possible, God love him 🥰

Reactions: 9
200 for diamond ?? Not s chance. Single band diamond in leaves 2000. .

Nothing wrong with buying a diamond ring but if it comes from the generosity of poeple less well off I think its not fair .

Someone who is doing chemo and no financial support could use that 200. That's the issue.

Don't beg for money take it and buy material things
Exactly. Doesn’t matter if diamonds are fifty euro or 500 euro, it’s the principal. go fund me are set up for “worthy” causes and cars and diamonds don’t come under that category. Karma

She is raging there's a thread on her . Maybe people were screenshotting to her but I think this is the head in the phone situation . She does a lot of dodgy stuff outside that go fund me. She's another one trying to become an instahun eventually.

He can't even cut the grass or go grocery shopping for her
People that know her say she’s playing a blinder on peoples kindness and in truth the real person is far from sweet Hence the temper rant when called out, truth hurts.

Reactions: 10
Exactly. Doesn’t matter if diamonds are fifty euro or 500 euro, it’s the principal. go fund me are set up for “worthy” causes and cars and diamonds don’t come under that category. Karma

People that know her say she’s playing a blinder on peoples kindness and in truth the real person is far from sweet Hence the temper rant when called out, truth hurts.
I 100% think she copped onto this thread . Before this it was just a few mentions in other people's threads . She just want to be another Gorry as the nations sweetheart.

Reactions: 7
These are very genuine go fund me where it's for a direct purpose and not a general 'living expenses' one.
Your right She did try to allude that she would require other treatment options. Of course ppl didn't question that as usually a 3td diagnosis would spell very bad news. But she would have been aware of the fact that there were other options in Ireland. Something disingenuous about the way she kept sharing it once it went over 100 grand.

I hope the treatment gives him time and quality.

Reactions: 8
I think too it was Ciaran Byrne that started it and she wants to be like them. Sure Denise gave up work and out her life in hold at his diagnosis.

Reactions: 5
Just watched the insta story there to see what she said about on here. The thing that got me is that she said she told someone via DM what she has done with the money so far and what her plans are for it for the future. You would think she would provide an update on the go fund me page so that everyone that donated would know this. Not just because some has DM’d her to find out 🤦🏻‍♀️. I unfortunately know first hand how hard cancer is so I am not denying she has it hard.

I think what annoys people is the lack of transparency. If she provided updates I don’t think she would get so much stick for it.

I previously said here I donated €100 as I was one of the first to donate. Since then I have been disgusted by the greed. So luckily I paid via PayPal and I raised a dispute today in the hope to get my money back because I informed them i was under the impression the money was for hardship not luxury and the target of €10k exceeded by 17.6 times and there has been no transparency on funds over over spending on frugal items.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just watched the insta story there to see what she said about on here. The thing that got me is that she said she told someone via DM what she has done with the money so far and what her plans are for it for the future. You would think she would provide an update on the go fund me page so that everyone that donated would know this. Not just because some has DM’d her to find out 🤦🏻‍♀️. I unfortunately know first hand how hard cancer is so I am not denying she has it hard.

I think what annoys people is the lack of transparency. If she provided updates I don’t think she would get so much stick for it.
Exactly why not just say her plans publicly. Surely she must have a plan for the huge excess? My bet is they will pay off their mortgage

I previously said here I donated €100 as I was one of the first to donate. Since then I have been disgusted by the greed. So luckily I paid via PayPal and I raised a dispute today in the hope to get my money back because I informed them i was under the impression the money was for hardship not luxury and the target of €10k exceeded by 17.6 times and there has been no transparency on funds over over spending on frugal items.
Was their a PayPal collection too 🤯

Reactions: 2
If you look on the page she got the rings from they cost €55 each so that’s € 165 for all 3 rings! Just because it looks good when it’s first bought doesn’t mean it’s a real diamond ring!
Fair enough.

I genuinely feel sorry for her. Its cruelty what she has to endure at suchat a young age .you would trade all the money in to not have to do it. I hope she will.be ok and this is the last of it for her .

The money and spending of it at this stage I will not watch . There is no restrictions on go fund me pages so I guess really she not doing anything wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Exactly why not just say her plans publicly. Surely she must have a plan for the huge excess? My bet is they will pay off their mortgage

No but if you donate to a go fund me page and pay through PayPal you can open a dispute and get your money back. I donated €50 and I also opened a dispute over it and got my refund.

Reactions: 13
I feel for her , she looks awful , chemo is pure poison to your system and she’s not even finished it yet . The go fund me system is insane and people need to stop setting them up . They are not regulated and This case is an example of this craziness . Cancer treatment is free in Ireland . obviously it’s nicer to admit as a private patient rather than public but i think she already said they had health insurance so maybe she wasn’t totally upfront . It’s her money now right or wrong and I hope she beats her cancer for good

Reactions: 4
I feel for her , she looks awful , chemo is pure poison to your system and she’s not even finished it yet . The go fund me system is insane and people need to stop setting them up . They are not regulated and This case is an example of this craziness . Cancer treatment is free in Ireland . obviously it’s nicer to admit as a private patient rather than public but i think she already said they had health insurance so maybe she wasn’t totally upfront . It’s her money now right or wrong and I hope she beats her cancer for good
She also works for laya health care

Fair enough.

I genuinely feel sorry for her. Its cruelty what she has to endure at suchat a young age .you would trade all the money in to not have to do it. I hope she will.be ok and this is the last of it for her .

The money and spending of it at this stage I will not watch . There is no restrictions on go fund me pages so I guess really she not doing anything wrong
She’s currently in remission, she’s still going ahead with chemo but her last scan was clear.

They’re renting I think

She really should be posting her receipts to the go fund me page. A lot of people do that because they feel obliged to be upfront and honest about where the money is actually going. But I suppose that was never really made clear from the start. It didn’t pay for her treatment as such, it just make life easier. Which is fine too, I can’t imagine the awfulness of rotating chemo.

Listen, the only reason she donated €1000 in the end, was because her cousin wouldn't talk to her.

Her cousin asked her to post about her go fund me on her page, because of her following and Shannen said " No "
So after not being spoken too and it being all over the rats out page, she donated €1000.

She is using that money from the go fund me, to buy a house! Barry waits at the door of the supermarket while the staff run around with the shopping list.

She is a jumped up spoilt brat and always was. She never wanted for anything and played her family off eachother.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She could have easily bought her cousins son a disability modified car and had plenty of change from €176k 🤦🏻‍♀️

She also works for laya health care
So she likely has the top class health policy either as a perk that she paid BIK on or heavily discounted (basing this if the fact that VHI give it to their staff as a part of the package)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.