Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she likely has the top class health policy either as a perk that she paid BIK on or heavily discounted (basing this if the fact that VHI give it to their staff as a part of the package)
Ya she confirmed before in her last battle that she has good health insurance and pays for no scans ect.

Listen, the only reason she donated €1000 in the end, was because her cousin wouldn't talk to her.

Her cousin asked her to post about her go fund me on her page, because of her following and Shannen said " No "
So after not being spoken too and it being all over the rats out page, she donated €1000.

She is using that money from the go fund me, to buy a house! Barry waits at the door of the supermarket while the staff run around with the shopping list.

She is a jumped up spoilt brat and always was. She never wanted for anything and played her family off eachother.
Spoilt is exactly the way she comes across at times. She can be quite bitchy about things at times.

I assume from your comments you know her well.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She is the face of the Irish cancer society! She should be stripped of that! Realistically she should have taken what she needed for the year and then donated the rest.

I have seen her " friends " on Instagram saying how she can do what she wants with the money etc! Bullshit. People gave that money in good faith that she would use it for treatment, not cars, rings, fancy hotel stays, fit bits for the whole family and probably a house next year.

I do wish her luck with her journey and treatment etc, of course, but karma will sort the rest out.

She could have easily bought her cousins son a disability modified car and had plenty of change from €176k 🤦🏻‍♀️
€215k!!!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
She is the face of the Irish cancer society! She should be stripped of that! Realistically she should have taken what she needed for the year and then donated the rest.

I have seen her " friends " on Instagram saying how she can do what she wants with the money etc! Bullshit. People gave that money in good faith that she would use it for treatment, not cars, rings, fancy hotel stays, fit bits for the whole family and probably a house next year.

I do wish her luck with her journey and treatment etc, of course, but karma will sort the rest out.

€215k!!!!
215K? Is that the Bperfect go fund me added to the other one? Jesus that's crazy money for the initial request for money so her partner could remain at home.

Agree I hope no one feels that anyone here wishes her ill will with her Cancer journey. Course we all want her to come out of it healthy

Reactions: 5
215K? Is that the Bperfect go fund me added to the other one? Jesus that's crazy money for the initial request for money so her partner could remain at home.

Agree I hope no one feels that anyone here wishes her ill will with her Cancer journey. Course we all want her to come out of it healthy
No she let the go fund me go to €215k. Every day she was " stopping it" but she just let it keep going a little more.

Her family are mortified over her!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
No she let the go fund me go to €215k. Every day she was " stopping it" but she just let it keep going a little more.

Her family are mortified over her!
I remember her sharing it when it was over 100 grand and I was like huh are you kidding me.

Wouldn't blame them it's just horrible for someone to attempt to cash in the way she did.

Irish ppl are amazingly generous but too many taking advantage of that.

Reactions: 8
Christ it's a ridiculous amount of money. Go fund me's need to stop at the target or the owner apply to have it reviewed and extended. This appears to be a personal fund or expense account. The lack of transparency with where it is going etc is outrageous. It's eye opening as others have said

Reactions: 12

€215k!!!!
Oh I can’t even deal with that 🤮

I think it would be highly inappropriate for them to buy a house with that money, or part of.
Nobody wants her to have cancer, Jesus that's a given.
But people expected her to be upfront and honest about spending it, accommodation in Dublin, parking costs etc. Not for one second did people think she'd be getting suites away, dinners, lunches out, beauty treatments, clothes etc. That's just taking the piss.

Reactions: 9
The irish cancer society are as bad in the hospital they refer you to them before you start chemo for a seminar the more people they get through their door for the seminar the more they get from the goverment we were told this by a lovely nurse in james and that we would be in the hospital long enough dont waste a day in there.
Just had a look there and the go find me set up by denise Kenny wasnt the only one vudoz bperfect and a few more set up around the same time a go fund me for her so she got more than 176k

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Course no one wishes her harm.

The point I stand by is the go fund me was excessive it was completely OTT to let it run until it went over 100 grand.
It's opened my eyes to go fund me and going forward I'll be careful about what I donate too
Thats a fair point, the amount raised could probably have been divided between two or even three other families..

The Irish Cancer Society are a pack of crooks ! They receive so much funding on top of all the donations and Good few of the staff earning over €100,000

• Wow
The irish cancer society are as bad in the hospital they refer you to them before you start chemo for a seminar the more people they get through their door for the seminar the more they get from the goverment we were told this by a lovely nurse in james and that we would be in the hospital long enough dont waste a day in there.
Just had a look there and the go find me set up by denise Kenny wasnt the only one vudoz bperfect and a few more set up around the same time a go fund me for her so she got more than 176k
Totally agree. I’ve been let down big time by them. They gall me.

we all wish her well I’ve no doubt about that. And cancer is an expensive business being honest. I know it’s free on the public system but the other stuff the day to day it broke us completely when my son was sick. Drained every Penny we had and I couldn’t work. So I Fet that she may need sone help but not the extent of what she got. And the lecturing of us to limit contacts to keep her safe. Stay the hell at home. She was out more than I’ve been out all year and I’m including the period before Covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So sorry that your son went through this I cant imagine what it was like, I hope he is doing well now.
She had private health insurance so goes private for all her treatments so she didnt need a go fund me

Reactions: 4
Totally agree. I’ve been let down big time by them. They gall me.

we all wish her well I’ve no doubt about that. And cancer is an expensive business being honest. I know it’s free on the public system but the other stuff the day to day it broke us completely when my son was sick. Drained every Penny we had and I couldn’t work. So I Fet that she may need sone help but not the extent of what she got. And the lecturing of us to limit contacts to keep her safe. Stay the hell at home. She was out more than I’ve been out all year and I’m including the period before Covid.
It's extremely financially stressful and the reason I used to give to so many go fund me is because I believe when facing Cancer money worries should be the last thing someone should have to think about. People have in very good faith for the same reason. But 200 grand is just way OTT.

We have a high risk member of our family and we had one meal out this year. It just wasn't worth the risk to do anything else.

Reactions: 7
Definitely it's the car parking costs loss if earnings medication and then the emotional stress on top, the stress of the next scan what's going to come back my husband worked all through his chemo he had to take time off for surgery before chemo for 6 weeks he was self employed so no salary and no entitlements to sw. But we got there and please god we continue the way we are , but no one was handing us 10s of thousands to do it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But people expected her to be upfront and honest about spending it, accommodation in Dublin, parking costs etc. Not for one second did people think she'd be getting suites away, dinners, lunches out, beauty treatments, clothes etc. That's just taking the piss.
Exactly and if the argument is that she didn’t use the go fund me money for that then it’s still going to rub people off the wrong way as if she had the money to pay for all those luxuries herself and yes they are luxuries then why was she on crying poor looking for charity.

Reactions: 4
So sorry that your son went through this I cant imagine what it was like, I hope he is doing well now.
She had private health insurance so goes private for all her treatments so she didnt need a go fund me
Sadly he passed away. I will be heartbroken forever.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.