Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My heart is broken for those fighting cancer whose husbands and wifes despite covid have to go out to work to keep food on the table .
Those people have no gofundme or loads of freebies given to them.
They struggle on quietly to me they are the face of cancer.
Condolences to everyone who have lost loved ones x

Reactions: 11
First time writing here, knew she was hinting about tattle life lastnight when she was talking about people sending her screenshots of people talking about her online. Thought that was very strange people would send her screenshots of this site, I would imagine she probably read it herself. Anyhow I was quiet surprised initially to find a thread on her. I suppose I always scrolled passed her stories on instagram without paying much attention to her! However after reading through this thread lastnight I'm actually appalled that any of this could be true! I do feel for her, I mean she is living a life of horrible uncertainty, that for anyone is scary especially being so young and having a child. I did not donate to the go fund me thankfully, and am horrified to think that the whole babygro incident tallied up with the mass amount of shares on social media, followed by the go fund me? Also that was a disgusting amount of money raised for one person! Has she actually shown where that money has went to? Has she shared this money out? I would hope so! Did she buy that car with the money raised? Obviously I dont know any truth as I rarely watch her story. However reading all of this lastnight i actually feel disgusted that someone could be so filthy rotten selfish, and i sincerely hope that she proves us wrong

Reactions: 10
First time writing here, knew she was hinting about tattle life lastnight when she was talking about people sending her screenshots of people talking about her online. Thought that was very strange people would send her screenshots of this site, I would imagine she probably read it herself. Anyhow I was quiet surprised initially to find a thread on her. I suppose I always scrolled passed her stories on instagram without paying much attention to her! However after reading through this thread lastnight I'm actually appalled that any of this could be true! I do feel for her, I mean she is living a life of horrible uncertainty, that for anyone is scary especially being so young and having a child. I did not donate to the go fund me thankfully, and am horrified to think that the whole babygro incident tallied up with the mass amount of shares on social media, followed by the go fund me? Also that was a disgusting amount of money raised for one person! Has she actually shown where that money has went to? Has she shared this money out? I would hope so! Did she buy that car with the money raised? Obviously I dont know any truth as I rarely watch her story. However reading all of this lastnight i actually feel disgusted that someone could be so filthy rotten selfish, and i sincerely hope that she proves us wrong
Yes, she brought that car with the money. She justified it by saying she needed a decent car to go up and down the motorway to Dublin for appointments. It was a 131 or thereabouts corsa she owned.
She has never addressed the money since. Not to my knowledge.
Nor has she donated a euro.
I own a similar sized car and year to her older car, and I drove that motorway for a whole year, 3-4 times a week while my husband was in hospital for a year.
The car is still fine. Shannen had no reason to upgrade only that she had fresh donated money and it was burning a whole in her pocket to get spending!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Yes, she brought that car with the money. She justified it by saying she needed a decent car to go up and down the motorway to Dublin for appointments. It was a 131 or thereabouts corsa she owned.
She has never addressed the money since. Not to my knowledge.
Nor has she donated a euro.
I own a similar sized car and year to her older car, and I drove that motorway for a whole year, 3-4 times a week while my husband was in hospital for a year.
The car is still fine. Shannen had no reason to upgrade only that she had fresh donated money and it was burning a whole in her pocket to get spending!
Wow!!! That is disgusting!!! So people who donated have basically funded a more lavish lifestyle rather than help with cancer treatment costs! Surely she could have helped another family with that money!! Donated to a cancer charity to make life more comfortable for others going through similar! She has a real sence of privilege and I've noticed it more recently! I would be almost certain if people knew that the money would be going on cars and trips away she would not have half the amount. Like I said she I'd going through hello right now, however this doesnt give her the right to be an awful person!!! Jez I've definitely seen past her now!!

Reactions: 5
First time writing here, knew she was hinting about tattle life lastnight when she was talking about people sending her screenshots of people talking about her online. Thought that was very strange people would send her screenshots of this site, I would imagine she probably read it herself.
They ALL say this- they're not sent screenshots at all, they're all glued to here (well some more than others!) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I previously said here I donated €100 as I was one of the first to donate. Since then I have been disgusted by the greed. So luckily I paid via PayPal and I raised a dispute today in the hope to get my money back because I informed them i was under the impression the money was for hardship not luxury and the target of €10k exceeded by 17.6 times and there has been no transparency on funds over over spending on frugal items.
Well done. I never realised it thought about that. I donated but would like my money refunded or forwarded to an animal chair of choice because this go fund me is not transparent and not truthful. The guy who organised it, no doubt, will show the statements of monies collected and distributed.

So she likely has the top class health policy either as a perk that she paid BIK on or heavily discounted (basing this if the fact that VHI give it to their staff as a part of the package)
Plus she said herself they have continued to pay her salary while on sick leave.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Wow!!! That is disgusting!!! So people who donated have basically funded a more lavish lifestyle rather than help with cancer treatment costs! Surely she could have helped another family with that money!! Donated to a cancer charity to make life more comfortable for others going through similar! She has a real sence of privilege and I've noticed it more recently! I would be almost certain if people knew that the money would be going on cars and trips away she would not have half the amount. Like I said she I'd going through hello right now, however this doesnt give her the right to be an awful person!!! Jez I've definitely seen past her now!!
The only reason I followed her was after the baby grow incident, followed instantly by the go fund me which I donated too 😡 had ever heard of her before that. Raging I donated and will not be so quick to believe things the next time.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
€20,000 would have been more than enough to cover petrol parking etc ! She let greed take over and sat watching the figure rise .There is no such thing as money for nothing and she will spend years having to justify her spending . She should have closed off the fund when she reached her target

Reactions: 6
How much did the Go Fund Me page raise?
€175k, not a small amount by any means!

Just curious, did she have IVF to conceive her little girl? I see her in her bio that she has another “baby on ice” they don’t store them for free so I wonder would that be the reason it went up so much? 🤔

It's more than 175 there where a few other go fund me set up by bperfect and vudoz someone mentioned earlier it was 215k
She had her eggs frozen last year because the chemo would make her infertile. Her daughter was conceived naturally

€175k, not a small amount by any means!

Just curious, did she have IVF to conceive her little girl? I see her in her bio that she has another “baby on ice” they don’t store them for free so I wonder would that be the reason it went up so much? 🤔
Fertility treatments for cancer patients are free so this wouldn’t have been the reason the money was needed

• Wow
Reactions: 4
There's no need to speculate what the funds were for. I was following her back then and she said it would be for expenses like hotels if they were up in dublin and so Barry wouldn't have to work.

Laya still paying her.

There's no need to speculate what the funds were for. I was following her back then and she said it would be for expenses like hotels if they were up in dublin and so Barry wouldn't have to work.
There was also a mention of treatment options abroad.
Hotels and wage replacement doesn't need 200 grand. I think it should have been stopped at 100 grand. 100 would have been more that enough to ensure they had a very very comfortable cushion. I assume she is getting illness payment and he is probably getting carers payment.
s
shekept sharing it after it hit 100 grand.

Reactions: 4
^ yeah I agree with you.

People keep trying to defend her that she got the money for something else apart from pure greed 😂😂

She only mentioned treatment abroad in the future when the donations started getting high.

Reactions: 3
^ yeah I agree with you.

People keep trying to defend her that she got the money for something else apart from pure greed 😂😂
I assume it was started with good intentions but when it started to rise I really think greed took over.

She is still being paid 🤯🤯 Jesus that's some employer to be still paying after all this time.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.