Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder did her consultant ask her to stop mentioning him on her insta as its so public and a consultants job is to care and respect the privacy or their patients . Maybe he felt his privacy Invaded .
Possibly.
Something was said anyway, cause Seamus has vanished from her vocabulary.

Bet she did alright. Doctors go ballistic over social media stuff but they usually pass it on to us lowly nurses to do their dirty work and give the bollocking.
Either way I'd say something was said. It was getting too much like private care and attention, not at all the representation of the system in Ireland. Both my parents had cancer and both had unusual cancers, so unusual cases, and I had no personal number, just bleep numbers to the teams.
I actually think she was bullshitting as regards to personal private numbers of consultants.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree there’s no way she got numbers or was getting texts. I had an extreme health issue last year and was seeing my consultant 4-5 days a week over 7 months. We grew close as in she knew the kids names, Hobbies etc but never did I have a mobile number that’s just not what happens . Even terminal patients don’t get personal numbers. She was bullshitting and never taught it would get back to him but someone definitely told him and she was giving the wrong impression of a consultant / patient relationship. I dislike her she’s a liar and a bleep

Reactions: 11
I wouldnt be surprised if his other patients saw her stories and then questioned him or his staff why they didn't have his number / treated the same as herself. She definitely over done it with exposing him on her insta stories.

Reactions: 14
I understand that they’ve bills to pay and a child to care for but my dad had several operations and treatments the past 3 years for colan cancer and he didn’t need a go fund me. I hate this because now I really am doubtful of go fund me pages because so many are disingenuous
I used to donate to them but not anymore. They are essentially unregulated charities and no one knows where the money is going. Regulated charities are bad enough for misappropriating funds

I agree there’s no way she got numbers or was getting texts. I had an extreme health issue last year and was seeing my consultant 4-5 days a week over 7 months. We grew close as in she knew the kids names, Hobbies etc but never did I have a mobile number that’s just not what happens . Even terminal patients don’t get personal numbers. She was bullshitting and never taught it would get back to him but someone definitely told him and she was giving the wrong impression of a consultant / patient relationship. I dislike her she’s a liar and a bleep
We did get a mobile number for one doctor my daughter saw every week when she was a baby, I know others he gave it to as well, we rang him one evening for advice, never heard of any other doctor doing it but just saying ours did

Reactions: 1
We did get a mobile number for one doctor my daughter saw every week when she was a baby, I know others he gave it to as well, we rang him one evening for advice, never heard of any other doctor doing it but just saying ours did
Possibly a work phone which would be knocked off out of hours. We use them as community nurses.

Reactions: 4
She's got a very short memory.
I'm assuming she got a bollocking from Seamus at her last visit because she hasn't been raving about him since, no hospital emergency visit even though she has, apparently, spikes in temps and vomiting etc. . Last two sessions after chemo she was trotting up to the Mercy on the first vomit.
I’d say the oncology staff have her well sussed out and know her type.

I often wonder did her consultant ask her to stop mentioning him on her insta as its so public and a consultants job is to respect the privacy of their patients . Maybe he felt his privacy Invaded .
Knowing the type of person he is, Professor would be horrified associated with her and quoted on SM. She has no respect for him not his wife and family.

Reactions: 11
I’d say the oncology staff have her well sussed out and know her type.

Knowing the type of person he is, Professor would be horrified associated with her and quoted on SM. She has no respect for him not his wife and family.
Going on like she had a crush on him. Im surprised she was so sick / high temp this time she didn't go to hospital. Last time she said her temp went up and was straight to hospital? I dont understand is all

Reactions: 6
Possibly.
Something was said anyway, cause Seamus has vanished from her vocabulary.

Either way I'd say something was said. It was getting too much like private care and attention, not at all the representation of the system in Ireland. Both my parents had cancer and both had unusual cancers, so unusual cases, and I had no personal number, just bleep numbers to the teams.
I actually think she was bullshitting as regards to personal private numbers of consultants.
Agreed, they don't give out numbers, not in my experience of oncology and palliative care anyway, ffs your lucky to get them to answer a bleep to a ward and normally send a clueless minnion you have to tell what to do

• Haha
Seamus was mentioned 1st thing this morning 🙈
Thankfully I only knew/know a few people going through chemo.
They always out up with the side effects, the sickness, tiredness, and worse side effects ever, (this lady is getting a walk in the park compared), and they never ever went about getting onto the hospital to get an iv drip or otherwise. They got on with it and ploughed through it.
The more I listen to this one, the more I realise she is glorifying with the attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I dont doubt what she is going through is tit but I've never ever seen someone lap up attention like her. She is so unrelatable I think and comes across as a know it all of im honest .

Reactions: 10
I dont doubt what she is going through is tit but I've never ever seen someone lap up attention like her. She is so unrelatable I think and comes across as a know it all of im honest .
Her attention and selfishness is off the Richter scale. She has no authority and shouldn’t be sharing her medical treatments as it could be misleading to other patients dealing with cancer plus if she had an ounce of dignity she’d keep certain matters private but then she wouldn’t get all the sympathy she craves. I’d say she portrays this “princess poor me” act so calculating all her family are terrified to say a word to her. There’s many mothers And fathers coping With cancer at the
same time as working and rearing children but just get on with it as best they can.

Reactions: 14
I think she has some neck giving out about people getting their bits done when she was a fiend for it herself. Pot kettle black. Tbh I hope revenue come after her for the income she gained, technically charity donations but when it’s not being used for charity purposes surely this can be investigated? She’s her own worst enemy, loose lips sink ships

Reactions: 15
Her attention and selfishness is off the Richter scale. She has no authority and shouldn’t be sharing her medical treatments as it could be misleading to other patients dealing with cancer plus if she had an ounce of dignity she’d keep certain matters private but then she wouldn’t get all the sympathy she craves. I’d say she portrays this “princess poor me” act so calculating all her family are terrified to say a word to her. There’s many mothers And fathers coping With cancer at the
same time as working and rearing children but just get on with it as best they can.
Sure she had to double back a few times with messages asking about treatment then saying " but its different for everyone so don't go by me " unsafe to disclose every detail as people will ask why it isn't working for me etc ..

Reactions: 6
Going on like she had a crush on him. Im surprised she was so sick / high temp this time she didn't go to hospital. Last time she said her temp went up and was straight to hospital? I dont understand is all
this makes no sense to me. Having nurses my son through it the first sign of temp you contact them. I find it strange to be honest that she’s leaving it till tomorrow. My son ended up in icu with sepsis that developed really quickly. Time is of the essence when you’ve no immune system. And this is pre Covid times and all her gallivanting.

Reactions: 8
I couldn't agree more with this statement. I wish Shannen all the best and hope she gets well , but I had to unfollow her , she really really doesn't realise how lucky she has it.

Reactions: 10
I think I’m going to have to unfollow her. I followed her at the start when I was diagnosed. The longer that goes on I find her totally unrelatable and the stuff she says at times are very unrealistic for cancer patients. I know she’s been saying she’s had a hard time this week which I understand, but more often that not she comes across unbearingly positive, which at times makes me (and probably other cancer patients) feel crap cos i can’t be that positive all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think I’m going to have to unfollow her. I followed her at the start when I was diagnosed. The longer that goes on I find her totally unrelatable and the stuff she says at times are very unrealistic for cancer patients. I know she’s been saying she’s had a hard time this week which I understand, but more often that not she comes across unbearingly positive, which at times makes me (and probably other cancer patients) feel crap cos i can’t be that positive all the time.
Sending love.

Its not normal. I was in the absolute pits during treatment. Sick every day, barely looked at my children, argued with my husband every day because I wouldn't eat as I was so ill. What an absolute shite time. It was traumatic. My cancer is incurable but I'm currently enjoying a treatment free period. Its only now I have a tiny bit of positivity. Was still crying on Thursday night thinking about what I'm going to miss with my kids as they grow, though.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.