Big C and me #3 Don't question me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Disability is not means tested. It is soley for those who have worked, paid taxes but cannot return to work for the foreseeable. Certs need to be sent in from the GP every few months. As long as the GP signs her off, she's able to claim, regardless of her money status.
No disability is
This moron doesn’t even deserve the air time of a new thread but she ain’t getting off so lightly until she explains what her plans are for all the money so I suggest the following:
Big C and Me #4
Big C no more so what’s the €170k Go Fund Me pot for??
perfect

Reactions: 3
Ok.

Shannon was on sick pay before the €176k
You do not get reassessed by social unless she informed them of the money - which we all know she didn’t.
Barry isn’t getting carers, the mother is (which is lol as in do we ever see her caring for her 40 hours a week)
Barry claimed PUP but it and was also working that’s why you hear do little. I’ve said this before, he bragged about it when working with my husband.

This money isn’t factored in because they aren’t married, Barry wouldn’t have been informing anyone of it for pup or anything else. She’s so long on sick pay it would be invalidity pension (disability) by now. If she waits another 12 months she could apply to keep that payment and work 19 hours a week.

She or he won’t have declared that money hence why they’re still slobs.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Some may not like what I'm going to say but here it is
I won't give to GoFundMe any more
Adult or children unless I really know them and the situation.
After this one and I also donated to one for a treatment abroad that never happened a eye watering amount raised again and people blocked when they asked quistions.

I just dont understand why when the funds are set up most say it's to pay for treatment when in a lot of cases it's free and accomadation.
I suppose if they say it's for travel expenses day to day and luxuries people may not donate as much just my opinion. .
Also when it goes way way over the target do they not say well enough is enough.
Does a element of greed set in I wonder

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not sure if this has been asked before but if she was working for Laya Healthcare, would she not has been covered for the cancer treatment? What exactly was the go fund me for ??

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m not sure if this has been asked before but if she was working for Laya Healthcare, would she not has been covered for the cancer treatment? What exactly was the go fund me for ??
Treatment for cancer in this country doesn't divide between public and private. Same doctors, same hospitals, same treatment, same aftercare, same entitlement to free wig, same medical card......
Shannen put up a plea for funding when she said she may have to go abroad for treatment, Barry to care for her, pay rent in the house, pay regular bills like esb. So basically have one less thing to worry about.
But then the cause kept being shared, by her and her insta friends and target was reached (think it was 50k) but Shannen kept sharing and being mortified at the same time🙄 or so she said. She kept saying she was stopping the fund, but she didn't.
Bearing in mind that a few days prior to fund opening, she got babygros in the post, no postage marks shown, no packaging and she cried and said she'd leave it at that. No guards called, nothing. So the scene was set.
About a week after fund closed, a new car was bought...and her lifestyle changed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Treatment for cancer in this country doesn't divide between public and private. Same doctors, same hospitals, same treatment, same aftercare, same entitlement to free wig, same medical card......
Shannen put up a plea for funding when she said she may have to go abroad for treatment, Barry to care for her, pay rent in the house, pay regular bills like esb. So basically have one less thing to worry about.
But then the cause kept being shared, by her and her insta friends and target was reached (think it was 50k) but Shannen kept sharing and being mortified at the same time🙄 or so she said. She kept saying she was stopping the fund, but she didn't.
Bearing in mind that a few days prior to fund opening, she got babygros in the post, no postage marks shown, no packaging and she cried and said she'd leave it at that. No guards called, nothing. So the scene was set.
About a week after fund closed, a new car was bought...and her lifestyle changed.
And I'll never ever donate to a gfm because of her and the way she shared it seeing the money climb and climb.... dunno how she can be so brazen on insta...

Reactions: 9
And I'll never ever donate to a gfm because of her and the way she shared it seeing the money climb and climb.... dunno how she can be so brazen on insta...
Because she knows no one will quistion her publically only here.
Brass neck

How the hell did she end up with 176€ then! 😳
It was left open, and people kept sharing it, it crept up and up, all the insta huns shared too, was open for a good few weeks.... after the babygrow "story" she got huge sympathy, and that hugely helped to drive it up! Shannen knew exactly what she was doing🙄 horrible greedy scammer

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I'm reluctant to donate to Go Fund Mes these days too. I donated to one recently because a coworker had a connection to them. They raised the money in a day or two but when I checked back they'd continued to take donations, and now the goal is set at over double what they said they needed in the first place. I just find it a bit... dishonest? to say it's gonna cost X and then when you raise that easily (and it was a LOT of money) you suddenly need twice that much.

And then I feel awful having these thoughts about people going through awful times!

And you have people God love them who are fighting for life with dignity and no insta huns to push a GoFundMe.
I really hope as well my solo journey to mum stays grounded.
But I think once they get into that insta click they all change.

I'm reluctant to donate to Go Fund Mes these days too. I donated to one recently because a coworker had a connection to them. They raised the money in a day or two but when I checked back they'd continued to take donations, and now the goal is set at over double what they said they needed in the first place. I just find it a bit... dishonest? to say it's gonna cost X and then when you raise that easily (and it was a LOT of money) you suddenly need twice that much.

And then I feel awful having these thoughts about people going through awful times!
I'm the same but I stopped giveing even to childrens funds because to be honest nearly if not all the medical care in most cases is covered.
So why then do they need eye watering amounts
I know take into account travel food etc but no way those it amount that women raise

Reactions: 2
I'll never give to a go fund me again. How anyone can use Illness to gain financially from especially a childs illness is just sick.

There is an account on FB and Instagram and they raised over 120,000 for their daughters treatment abroad (which is actually covered by the HSE and a charity also covered the travel and living costs they thanked that charity for their support) the child unfortunately passed away which is absolutely tragic.

There has never been any reference towards where the excess funds went to.

In the initial go fund me people were encouraged to keep donations coming in as any excess funds would be given to charity. I get that it's upsetting afterwards but the mother continues to update on her stories regularly so it's not as if coming on to the pages is too upsetting.

Surely there should be some follow up of what charity and how much when that was part of the initial fundraising. Raising money publicly should have some openness and transparency.

Reactions: 5
It was left open, and people kept sharing it, it crept up and up, all the insta huns shared too, was open for a good few weeks.... after the babygrow "story" she got huge sympathy, and that hugely helped to drive it up! Shannen knew exactly what she was doing🙄 horrible greedy scammer
Shocking really

I'll never give to a go fund me again. How anyone can use Illness to gain financially from especially a childs illness is just sick.

There is an account on FB and Instagram and they raised over 120,000 for their daughters treatment abroad (which is actually covered by the HSE and a charity also covered the travel and living costs they thanked that charity for their support) the child unfortunately passed away which is absolutely tragic.

There has never been any reference towards where the excess funds went to.

In the initial go fund me people were encouraged to keep donations coming in as any excess funds would be given to charity. I get that it's upsetting afterwards but the mother continues to update on her stories regularly so it's not as if coming on to the pages is too upsetting.

Surely there should be some follow up of what charity and how much when that was part of the initial fundraising. Raising money publicly should have some openness and transparency.
I donated to one the childs treatment was fully covered the parents accomadation was covered never ever a post about what the money was spent on.
But because I know people that know them let's just say new car bought and a lot of luxurys look no one minds makeing a childs life better but be honest when setting up the fund what your asking money for.
A lot of children are supported as well by other charities so all that money what's it for.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.