Big C and me #3 Don't question me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless you are asking about the "go fund me" which is completely off limits, and you will be blocked🙄
There’s a depression about her cause the cancer journey is over and all the attention gone. Everyone is disgusted the way she milked a serious diagnosis for momentary gain and even the most tolerable person feel robbed. Donate the 100k to Irish cancer society and Keep the grubby 75k for yourself and Y
Is there any need to have the Hickman line shoved into the camera . We get it..
Its really shocking that she shares such personal details on social media all for attention. The truth is that Hickman lines are normal to needing change, there’s no big drama . It’s a routine occurrence but as with everything with her you’d think she was only person with cancer. Those dealing with cancer with dignity have my admiration so much. The huge expenses she forecasted didn’t come to fruition as predicted so Im sure at least 150k of the 175k will now be donated on to a worthy cancer charity. 🧐🧐. Finally anyone that genuinely DM her asking to see her hair growth needs to see a psychiatrist urgently.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Was it said that some stage that they were renting the apartment for a year? I thought that was said but I might be wrong

Was it said that some stage that they were renting the apartment for a year? I thought that was said but I might be wrong
Cancer and transplants don't go to plan. She could have had to have it for a year. It's great she doesn't have to, it doesn't necessarily mean she lied or dramatised her situation. It was very serious transplant. She's lucky she has overcome it relatively well so far.

Reactions: 4
Cancer and transplants don't go to plan. She could have had to have it for a year. It's great she doesn't have to, it doesn't necessarily mean she lied or dramatised her situation. It was very serious transplant. She's lucky she has overcome it relatively well so far.
I wasn't getting at her, was just curious, I don't know anything about leases but I would have guessed you couldn't break it so was just being nosy really

Reactions: 1
I’m going to probably get shot for saying this.
Alyssas journey, she’s maybe 4-5 has leukaemia but is end of treatment soon. The mother has been trying to make her viral since it started. Yes yes I know information is important and spreading the word. But daily we have tear jerking songs and reels of the last treatment, injection etc. If ye think it’s me I can cope with it maybe it is me. I just hate seeing people using insta to constantly get free gifts for their child (it’s daily with this one, sweets, clothes , toys) cancer or not. Sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And very lucky that her treatment was covered as was accommodation if she so wished to use it.

Alyssas journey, she’s maybe 4-5 has leukaemia but is end of treatment soon. The mother has been trying to make her viral since it started. Yes yes I know information is important and spreading the word. But daily we have tear jerking songs and reels of the last treatment, injection etc. If ye think it’s me I can cope with it maybe it is me. I just hate seeing people using insta to constantly get free gifts for their child (it’s daily with this one, sweets, clothes , toys) cancer or not. Sorry
I agree with you I hate it

This 100 times this!!!! Raising awareness is one thing, and the odd gift I'd understand if it was linked to making them more comfortable. But the paid promotions and ads and strange freebies is so strange. Imagine being in marketing in a company and saying to your boss "there's this woman who has cancer. Let's send her a freebie so she promotes it on her page. It'll get us a few sales". Like it sounds so wrong, doesn't it!? I get people use their social media almost as a journal or diary of their journey, and to raise awareness, but there's a line there somewhere that most are crossing!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This 100 times this!!!! Raising awareness is one thing, and the odd gift I'd understand if it was linked to making them more comfortable. But the paid promotions and ads and strange freebies is so strange. Imagine being in marketing in a company and saying to your boss "there's this woman who has cancer. Let's send her a freebie so she promotes it on her page. It'll get us a few sales". Like it sounds so wrong, doesn't it!? I get people use their social media almost as a journal or diary of their journey, and to raise awareness, but there's a line there somewhere that most are crossing!
They all start out wanting to raise awareness.... then bit by bit the freebies start coming... then more then ads then more free stuff... bigger free stuff..more expensive free stuff... then in the blink of an eye they all turn out the same... its mad to witness really... HATE this influencer culture that they all end up morphing into the same kinda people ..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They all start out wanting to raise awareness.... then bit by bit the freebies start coming... then more then ads then more free stuff... bigger free stuff..more expensive free stuff... then in the blink of an eye they all turn out the same... its mad to witness really... HATE this influencer culture that they all end up morphing into the same kinda people ..
I've witnessed one girl years ago who shared her breast cancer journey to raise awareness and then stopped the page when she got better. That's the only person I can think of and it was years ago!!!

Reactions: 3
I've witnessed one girl years ago who shared her breast cancer journey to raise awareness and then stopped the page when she got better. That's the only person I can think of and it was years ago!!!
Same... I followed a lovely girl called niki Murphy..
She was 110% doing it to raise awareness for cancer... my god she went through the mill .. unfortunately she lost her battle with cancer.. but she was a bloody warrior and its mad.. I never met her... but I often think of how amazing she was.💗💗

Very few like her.. and the girl you know xx

She was 110% doing it to raise awareness for cancer... my god she went through the mill .. unfortunately she lost her battle with cancer.. but she was a bloody warrior and its mad.. I never met her... but I often think of how amazing she was.💗💗

I cant edit my post so I'm quoting it..

**jus wanted to say niki didnt 'lose' her battle.. she fought so hard and so long... she fought bravely to the end ..

(Just felt I wanted to say that ) xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Well she's flashing her brand new electric golf on Instagram.. they are super expensive. She has also just bought a huge house. She said before court and the go fund me that she was a single mother but that was never true the children have fathers that they spend plenty of time with. Why did she need a huge go fund me when she got a huge court payout? Isn't there people who needs go fund me more that don't have court payouts. She went off to meet una healy a few weeks ago and had loads of pics up zero distancing zero masks etc.
It's possible she's only showing fun things online and keeping the sadness off but still it doesn't sit well with me at all.
Why is her go fund me still running??

I cant edit my post so I'm quoting it..

**jus wanted to say niki didnt 'lose' her battle.. she fought so hard and so long... she fought bravely to the end ..

(Just felt I wanted to say that ) xx
Agree - loved poor Niki and she battled till the end. She was a true warrior. RIP.

• Heart
The day I seen her mom sharing the page in several Covid groups on FB as she was raising awareness. I struggle to see any awareness raising other than paid promotions and freebies.

I've been following for a while and yet to see any awareness building apart from an odd post in September for light it up gold month.

She has that poor child on every week sometimes upset with videos of her getting her blood taken and taking her chemo ect. Why?? Also it's clear she tells the little girl what to say. exploitative.

This isn't the reality of Childhood Cancer this Instagram version of childhood cancer is a million miles away from the hard cruel reality.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The day I seen her mom sharing the page in several Covid groups on FB as she was raising awareness. I struggle to see any awareness raising other than paid promotions and freebies.

I've been following for a while and yet to see any awareness building apart from an odd post in September for light it up gold month.

She has that poor child on every week sometimes upset with videos of her getting her blood taken and taking her chemo ect. Why?? Also it's clear she tells the little girl what to say. exploitative.

This isn't the reality of Childhood Cancer this Instagram version of childhood cancer is a million miles away from the hard cruel reality.
I forgot that ! She always tells the child what to say. A normal 4/5 year old doesn’t come up with that stuff. The day she had her last session in the hosp & the bell ringing , I was thrilled to see it. The mother shared it with different background tear jerking music for 6 days in a row dying for it to be picked up. Last week the child was crying getting her bloods but you can see she’s told to play up to camera. She cried & then it’s ‘ 8 more days’ and thumbs up or whatever. Showing us the meds everymorning along with the latest free T-shirt. No doubt she will try push it again when it’s all over in a few days which is a pity, it should be celebrated but not by strangers

• Sad
I forgot that ! She always tells the child what to say. A normal 4/5 year old doesn’t come up with that stuff. The day she had her last session in the hosp & the bell ringing , I was thrilled to see it. The mother shared it with different background tear jerking music for 6 days in a row dying for it to be picked up. Last week the child was crying getting her bloods but you can see she’s told to play up to camera. She cried & then it’s ‘ 8 more days’ and thumbs up or whatever. Showing us the meds everymorning along with the latest free T-shirt. No doubt she will try push it again when it’s all over in a few days which is a pity, it should be celebrated but not by strangers
Exactly it's a huge extremely positive milestone and one to celebrate with family and friends.

I have a feeling the mother has instahun ambitions.

Just something off.... It's not comparable to any other awareness building pages I've seen.

Reactions: 2
Don't know where she is looking out the window but if it's Youghal no rain here this morning, few drops maybe but sun is trying to come out

Long time lurker but I can’t keep quiet anymore.
Not a pair of pyjamas to be seen in the hospital so strangers were being stuff in for her, but she has three months of un-packing to do.

“Outfits I wouldn’t even wear out to cork city”
- what are they exactly?

And only after clearing out her wardrobe. All those free clothes and pairs of shoes. Such a burden.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Long time lurker but I can’t keep quiet anymore.
Not a pair of pyjamas to be seen in the hospital so strangers were being stuff in for her, but she has three months of un-packing to do.

“Outfits I wouldn’t even wear out to cork city”
- what are they exactly?

And only after clearing out her wardrobe. All those free clothes and pairs of shoes. Such a burden.
She tells a lot of half truths

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.