Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ladyloulou35

When Pete Burns Gorilla fur coat got confiscated!
That was hilarious , he was a great housemate, I loved BB I would love it to return with normal people, but let’s face it, how many of us could afford to take 1-10 weeks off work, you could be out first or win it, not many firms are going to give you that holiday 😂😂😂

Reactions: 10

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I’m not sure if I’m remembering this correctly, but didn’t Brian Dowling get a bit jealous because another gay man was brought into the house? And Brian liked being the only gay (in the village)?
I don’t think it was just because Josh was gay. He was also older and more groomed and attractive and poor Brian was just young and finding his way. He was using humour and camp to get through and then this urbane, mature and fairly straight-acting guy appeared and undermined his confidence. Being gay had been the reason he felt special in the house and then he couldn’t feel secure in that any more.

RachyWoo

VIP Member
I loved BB, but once it moved to channel 5 I gave up on it after a couple of years, there was too much sunbathing, housemates had to be a certain criteria (pretty, etc), they were boring and too desperate for fame, not enough tasks, no original ideas and the house wasn't as basic. I loved Rex, Bubble, Brian, Jade, Kate, Johnny, Craig(bb1), Dexter...there's others but I can't remember.
So many memorable moments, Nick doing the obstacle course after bragging he'd been in the army, the housemates were watching him failing at his attempt and laughing. Brian and Narinder, I loved their friendship, "Bubble, hold me!!", Brian's emotional "mm hm" when Bubble was giving a speech and saying what he thought of Brian. Alison breaking the table, Alex falling off the sofa, Kate trying to put her Jeans on drunk and fell over......I have so many more but I can't think off the top of my head.

Last edited:

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
Haha yes I remember Sandy pissing in the bin, then one of the other housemates, possibly Kate Lawler emptying the bin and getting covered in ‘water’ 😂

Fight night was Victor, Michelle Bass, Chicken Stu etc wasn’t it?
Michelle, she was intense with chicken Stu 😱😂

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Just hearing(or reading) the words ‘David’s Dead’ makes me laugh. One of these days someone I know called David could actually be dead and my first reaction will be to laugh😳

• Haha

Ladyloulou35

Craig trying to molest Anthony when Anthony was drunk, and Big Brother asking Eugene to intervene. Poor Eugene. :D
Remember when he was in the wetsuit 😂😂😂😂

The early tasks were so goods, when they had to stay awake through the night to make ice creams, pizza, the prison task where they had a secret spa😂😂😂, the best tasks lasted a couple of days and you either won and ate or didn’t and starved. Remember the army task ? Nadia, I need my cigarettes Big Brother, camo gear, mud streaked tear stained face and Chanel sunglasses 😂😂😂😂 what a housemate she was!

• Haha
  • Heart
That Alex moment defined him and changed the view of him. Suddenly women were looking at him and getting all hot and bothered. In fact, I think when they showed it, they showed Davina fanning herself. It was a very attractive moment. 😝

• Haha

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Ah I loved big brother from about series 1 - 8 apart from the really boring series was it 3 or 4? I spent many summers watching with my mum who has now passed away 💕

I think, like others have said it became a celebrity wannabe show as it went on and became less fun and authentic.

I loved the psychologists who used to explain the body language on big brothers little brother, the things they pointed out fascinated me.

My favourite all time contestants are helen Adam's and nikki Graham. I fancied that tree surgeon Liam too ha ha

• Heart

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I loved BB, but once it moved to channel 5 I gave up on it after a couple of years, there was too much sunbathing, housemates had to be a certain criteria (pretty, etc), they were boring and too desperate for fame, not enough tasks, no original ideas and the house wasn't as basic. I loved Rex, Bubble, Brian, Jade, Kate, Johnny, Craig(bb1), Dexter...there's others but I can't remember.
So many memorable moments, Nick doing the obstacle course after bragging he'd been in the army, the housemates were watching him failing at his attempt and laughing. Brian and Narinder, I loved their friendship, "Bubble, hold me!!", Brian's emotional "mm hm" when Bubble was giving a speech and saying what he thought of Brian. Alison breaking the table, Alex falling off the sofa, Kate trying to put her Jeans on drunk and fell over......I have so many more but I can't think off the top of my head.
I couldn't get into it once it moved to C5. The contestants were bland, all wannabe TV presenters, with none of the uninhibited fun the early C4 BB series produced. I remember watching BB1 and being absolutely riveted by it. The contestants all had very different personalities, none of them seemed to realise that on exiting the house they would be famous. These days, on any reality TV show, you can almost see the pound signs in the contestants' eyes.

NP

VIP Member
This thread is brilliant. I watched BB from the beginning although missed the now legendary BB3 due to spending my summer being a teenager getting pissed on park benches. Wish I had watched it. BB2 and BB5 were my favourites. I remember in BB2 watching a live Saturday night challenge where they had to eat dry crackers. Basic challenges like that were fun. The housemates made the show rather than the producers engineering the fun and drama as they did more and more in later series.

I watched a few series once it went to Channel 5 but it never had the same feel and the premise was always the same with the first housemate in being given a secret task.

Moments that stick in my mind...

Emma & Michelle returning from the bedsit
Michelle singing Pie Jesu at the fake wedding
Helen & Paul’s romance

• Haha

Amandaleigh

VIP Member
Grace was my most disliked HM ever! I’ll never forget the live episode where Susie was being chosen and the Get Grace Out chants 😂