Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nikki said herself that Big Brother saved her life and she suffered with Anorexia for most of her life, I don't think she should be compared with the others.

its nice to see that Nikki and Imogen had such a lovely, genuine friendship

Reactions: 8
And yet, she said many times it was the best time of her life and she was incredibly grateful for the experience.

I don’t think it’s a black and white case with Nikki. It is with Shabaz, and countless other contestants from other series.
She seemed well the first time around. She liked being a drama Queen but she was nice with it 😆
She always went on about how she loved it and wanted the tv work again. She was popular.

Her vunerability and her ED battle wouldve likely prevented further tv opportunities... due to worries about her mental health etc.

I find it hard to accept she wont pop up again with her own tv show. She was so funny🤣 Typically Nikki 🥰

It didn't save her life, did it.
I think Lockdown really affected her like it does us all (I know Im anxious and not myself due to lockdowns) so someone as vunerable as her will find it challenging.

Lockdown is controlling us and we need to be in control. Freedom is a necessity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think Pete is genuine. Yes, he did let her down on occasion and they drifted apart but what friends don't? I think he had a genuine affection and platonic love for her. Aisleyne is always mourner in chief and as long as she can post pics of her arse and flaps all over the gram she's happy. Lest we forget, she was barred from Amy Winehouses's funeral.

Reactions: 11
And yet, she said many times it was the best time of her life and she was incredibly grateful for the experience.

I don’t think it’s a black and white case with Nikki. It is with Shabaz, and countless other contestants from other series.
I definitely agree that it isn't black and white with Nikki. I don't think she displayed any behaviour in the house that was concerning (but hey, I am not a psychologist) but I have always thought that putting someone who has suffered with an eating disorder into a house where food is often withheld was utter madness.

Reactions: 9
I definitely agree that it isn't black and white with Nikki. I don't think she displayed any behaviour in the house that was concerning (but hey, I am not a psychologist) but I have always thought that putting someone who has suffered with an eating disorder into a house where food is often withheld was utter madness.
Good point. And the method too with which they withhold the food, do good in tasks and food is rewarded. Do poorly in task and food is withheld. It’s a recipe for disaster for someone in recovery but I’d like to think we have come a long way in standards since then

Good point. And the method too with which they withhold the food, do good in tasks and food is rewarded. Do poorly in task and food is withheld. It’s a recipe for disaster for someone in recovery but I’d like to think we have come a long way in standards since then
I’m sure in later series when she went back in she wasn’t included in any food rationing?

Reactions: 1
Well after seeing Imogen’s latest insta story it’s clearly a dig at Pete

Reactions: 6
I think she was her 'bridesmaid'.

Pete on GMB

He’s just talking about himself the entire way through! And admits they weren’t close over the years. It’s a very uncomfortable watch.

I’m not saying his feelings for Nikki aren’t genuine but it’s clear to me he’s happily pimping himself out for TV interviews and press, despite not having the closeness he’s trying to insinuate, and almost thinking of himself of a potential saviour of Nikki which is rather gross.

Lovely to know from Imogen that she, Carly & Leon were with Nikki every single day (they alternated) and that Nikki’s mum was there for every moment. I’m so glad to know she was never alone.

Reactions: 13
He’s just talking about himself the entire way through! And admits they weren’t close over the years. It’s a very uncomfortable watch.

I’m not saying his feelings for Nikki aren’t genuine but it’s clear to me he’s happily pimping himself out for TV interviews and press, despite not having the closeness he’s trying to insinuate, and almost thinking of himself of a potential saviour of Nikki which is rather gross.

Lovely to know from Imogen that she, Carly & Leon were with Nikki every single day (they alternated) and that Nikki’s mum was there for every moment. I’m so glad to know she was never alone.
That’s why I’m thinking Michele heatons post was aimed at him and not aisleyne 🙈

I completely agree with you. All signs point to Pete. I think we’re in the minority in believing that, though.
Imogen follows aisleyne but not Pete... says a lot really... in bb16 I thought aisleyne and Nikki seemed extremely close too as in you would know they were close outside the house..

Reactions: 2
I liked Pete in that series but I can’t imagine how painful it must be for those who were there for nikki in her final years and months to have him co-opt her story and pimp himself out all over the media, while those who truly loved her are too heartbroken to be able to do any of that. Pete needs to shut is trap on it now and have some respect

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was so shocked and saddened to hear of Nikki's passing. She was always my favourite and most memorable housemate, I was only watching some compilations of her best bits from BB just a couple of months ago.

I really hope this is a wakeup call to the industry and media about the pressures on young girls and boys today. Nikki's struggles started 30 years ago when social media didn't even exist, and now there's young children that have access to media now that tells them how they should look and be.

Pete was always a favourite but I have to admit, I couldn't even make it through his video on Sunday that he posted on IG. It seemed really forced and misplaced to me, I've never seen him as a fame chaser but I do think he's putting himself in the spotlight as someone that was there for her when it's obvious he hasn't been.

All these young people losing their lives so tragically, Mike and Sophie from Love Island, Caroline Flack.. I know theirs were suicides but their deaths sent ripples through the country and Nikki's has too. I hope lots of education comes from this. Its so so sad she was so lovely. X

Reactions: 5
I think this is the issue with lots of reality shows tbh, they choose people that really are not mentally well just for the "drama", so exploitative, much like with Jeremy kyle etc

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.