Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My god Aisleyne (BB7) came up on my Instagram explore page the other day, I can’t believe how different she looks! She’s unrecognisable! She’s had sooo much surgery and work done that she didn’t need

Reactions: 3
I remember Stephanie being a really talented singer and I used to listen to her music on MySpace 😄. I looked her up recently and it looks like she lives in Australia now.

I remember watching the whole Jade Goody debacle end to end (BB to her death) and the first time I learned she was mixed race was right now. There was absolutely no general consciousness that she was anything but a working class (or rather underclass) white woman at the time. It certainly never came up even when she was being accused of racism during the whole Shilpa Shetty mess. I think the pig thing was more bout her being overweight, blunt of feature and obviously lower class, and crass etc. The class angle was huge, tbqh.

I do remember Graham Norton, after joining in on the pig meme and Jade-bashing for weeks, suddenly reigning it in and asking everyone to be nicer, rather hypocritically. I think there was a realization that the hate train had gone way too far and there was a concerted effort to rebrand her, not to mention a realisation that someone with THAT much fame (or notoriety, whatever) would be good for making a few people in the media and beyond some money well after the fact.

Speaking of which, did any other BB stars get their own perfume? Jade Goody had two (Shh and Controversial), and you can still buy them, weirdly enough.
Jade was a product of her upbringing. However, she did work and hadn't fallen into the early motherhood trap. She was bullied into making remarks about Shilpa, although I believe she probably would have anyway because those were words she heard everyday where she lived. The thing with her was that she was willing to try to learn and change and did go to India's BB house where it could have gone horribly wrong. She had two lovely boys and spent the last years of her life trying to earn as much as possible for some sort of future for them. I have never heard her first husband say one word out of place about her. Her second was/is still living off her all these years later. Her legacy was cervical cancer awareness for younger women who are often ignored when presenting with symptoms. If she saved one life through that message then she is a better person than most of us will have the chance to be. Her sons are a credit to her. RIP Jade

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Jade was a product of her upbringing. However, she did work and hadn't fallen into the early motherhood trap. She was bullied into making remarks about Shilpa, although I believe she probably would have anyway because those were words she heard everyday where she lived. The thing with her was that she was willing to try to learn and change and did go to India's BB house where it could have gone horribly wrong. She had two lovely boys and spent the last years of her life trying to earn as much as possible for some sort of future for them. I have never heard her first husband say one word out of place about her. Her second was/is still living off her all these years later. Her legacy was cervical cancer awareness for younger women who are often ignored when presenting with symptoms. If she saved one life through that message then she is a better person than most of us will have the chance to be. Her sons are a credit to her. RIP Jade
Who bullied Jade into making those remarks about Shilpa? I must have missed that bit... As I recall the reason Jo went along with it was because she’d seen Jade on other reality shows and was terrified of being a victim herself, and I can well believe it. She only went on Big Brother India in desperation because she’d fucked up her career royally and needed to at least look as though she felt any remorse about her behaviour. Personally I don’t think she felt any at all.

Im sorry for her boys, but honestly Jade was awful. She did Big Brother twice and also did another show called Back to Reality and in each one she targeted someone and bullied them. In Back to Reality Saint Jeff even joined in with her. It makes me so cross that all of that is forgotten because she had the misfortune to become ill and milked it for all it’s worth. I’ll always remember when the media circus was in full swing and one of her neighbours approached her and that head Kevin from Fame Academy who had latched onto her, and told them that they were sick of the media intrusion in the area and she snarled back at them ‘I’ll be bleeping dead in a month’. No thought for anyone other than herself. The neighbour hadn’t been rude but just presumably wanted their privacy back.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Who bullied Jade into making those remarks about Shilpa? I must have missed that bit... As I recall the reason Jo went along with it was because she’d seen Jade on other reality shows and was terrified of being a victim herself, and I can well believe it. She only went on Big Brother India in desperation because she’d fucked up her career royally and needed to at least look as though she felt any remorse about her behaviour. Personally I don’t think she felt any at all.

Im sorry for her boys, but honestly Jade was awful. She did Big Brother twice and also did another show called Back to Reality and in each one she targeted someone and bullied them. In Back to Reality Saint Jeff even joined in with her.
Yes, the manuscript posted earlier on the thread makes it extremely clear that Jade was the ringleader, at least in the limerick game they played. She was also a horrible bully to Rick Waller on Back to Reality. It was actually quite similar to her treatment of Shilpa, except there was no racist element and she did not have such a successful hold over the other housemates.

She was not a nice person, but people do contain multitudes and I appreciate that she was a good mum and has left an important legacy.
As already discussed in the thread, she definitely did not deserve the misogynist and classist abuse she originally received in BB3.

Reactions: 10

Im sorry for her boys, but honestly Jade was awful. She did Big Brother twice and also did another show called Back to Reality and in each one she targeted someone and bullied them. In Back to Reality Saint Jeff even joined in with her.
Ooh - I can honestly say I missed a lot of this as I moved to Cyprus in 2008 and we didn't have internet access for months - then it was sporadic and dialled up thru a priest's tunic in the Trodos mountains if you were lucky. I bow to your superior knowledge. But Jo O'Meara and Danielle Lloyd were culpable in my humble opinion.

Reactions: 7
Ooh - I can honestly say I missed a lot of this as I moved to Cyprus in 2008 and we didn't have internet access for months - then it was sporadic and dialled up thru a priest's tunic in the Trodos mountains if you were lucky. I bow to your superior knowledge. But Jo O'Meara and Danielle Lloyd were culpable in my humble opinion.
Yes they were, Danielle was as bad if not worse but got away with it because she was attractive and was prepared to get her baps out for the lads mags. Jade was a bully at school as well. All widely reported in the press during her original BB stint.

Reactions: 7
Danielle Lloyd really did get away with it. Cannot stand the woman. Absolutely disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes they were, Danielle was as bad if not worse but got away with it because she was attractive and was prepared to get her baps out for the lads mags. Jade was a bully at school as well. All widely reported in the press during her original BB stint.
That would be the same Danielle who is doing the same not very grown up stuff on OF's? What a waste of oxygen she continues to be. So Jade had a one-armed mother and a black, absent father and you can bet she was bullied so became one.

Chicken stock cubes pasta :sick:
Sounds better than mother-to-be Lozza is able to cook at the age of 34 and better than Katie Price can do at the age of nearly 43...

Reactions: 3
Lots of children have disabled or absent parents and don’t become bullies though. You can only blame her home life so much. I think it was convenient excuse personally.

She got away with it because she played the ‘dumb/ stupid/ naive’ act
And the middle aged men who run the media in this country decide that they fancied her. Much like Cheryl Tweedy-Cole-Fernandez Fersini etc and her nightclub toilet violence.

Reactions: 15
Well l have to say, l grew up in Bermondsey and was a similar age to Jade. There were racists and racist language was used, but l wouldn't repeat it or behave that way. I didn't grow up in a home with drug abuse but it was far from perfect. It's not all about upbringing and she clearly wasn't a stupid woman despite the evidence to the contrary, look at the empire she built. I could well believe she was a bully at school, she seems the type. She doesn't get a free pass because of her upbringing or lack of intelligence. You don't have to he a genius to work out being a POS to someone because of their ethnicity is wrong.

I can't give her a pass because she got ill. I'm not even sure she left a legacy from dying from cervical cancer, she was hardly universally liked and admired at that point. The only thing she seems to be remembered for is being the person who kicked off being famous for being famous despite having no talent and being a racist bully.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I believe that her re branding and any success after that was down to her connection with that PR man Max Clifford.

Eta i think I remember jeff saying that max turned her death into a circus.

Reactions: 6
I can't give her a pass because she got ill. I'm not even sure she left a legacy from dying from cervical cancer, she was hardly universally liked and admired at that point. The only thing she seems to be remembered for is being the person who kicked off being famous for being famous despite having no talent and being a racist bully.
I’m surprised you think that as a similarly aged woman, because I think Jade’s death definitely DID raise a lot of awareness of cervical cancer and the importance of smears at the time:

400,000 more women went for their smears in 2008/9 and it was deemed the “Jade Goody Effect”

I don’t think it matters that she wasn’t liked - it was still shocking to see a 27-year old mother of two young boys die from this illness, and it clearly did have an impact on women taking smears more seriously. Unfortunately as the article explains, the effect didn’t last.

Reactions: 11
I’m surprised you think that as a similarly aged woman, because I think Jade’s death definitely DID raise a lot of awareness of cervical cancer and the importance of smears at the time:

400,000 more women went for their smears in 2008/9 and it was deemed the “Jade Goody Effect”

I don’t think it matters that she wasn’t liked - it was still shocking to see a 27-year old mother of two young boys die from this illness, and it clearly did have an impact on women taking smears more seriously. Unfortunately as the article explains, the effect didn’t last.
That is what l was referring to in terms of legacy - no longevity. Although l admit it didn't resound with me as l was already aware of the importance of regular smears.

Reactions: 4
I don't think the reason Danielle Lloyd received less criticism than Jade and Jo was purely because she was young and attractive. She had actually been friends with Shilpa prior to Jade and her family coming in. With some subtle tip offs from the Diary Room voice she was the first to clue in that her behavior was coming off like bullying and racist so she got in an unreserved apology to Shilpa way before the other two did.

Also their respective actions after the show was also a factor in how they were viewed. Jade went on a very obvious charm offensive. Being paparazzied eating Indian takeout, palling around with Indian people and eventually ending signing up for the Indian version of the show. It was very eye rollingly obvious. Jo seemed to completely break down (to this day she still doesn't right) and refused to admit she had done anything wrong whereas Danielle kept her head down and stayed out of the spotlight for long enough for the incident to blow over.

Reactions: 4
I don't think the reason Danielle Lloyd received less criticism than Jade and Jo was purely because she was young and attractive. She had actually been friends with Shilpa prior to Jade and her family coming in. With some subtle tip offs from the Diary Room voice she was the first to clue in that her behavior was coming off like bullying and racist so she got in an unreserved apology to Shilpa way before the other two did.

Also their respective actions after the show was also a factor in how they were viewed. Jade went on a very obvious charm offensive. Being paparazzied eating Indian takeout, palling around with Indian people and eventually ending signing up for the Indian version of the show. It was very eye rollingly obvious. Jo seemed to completely break down (to this day she still doesn't right) and refused to admit she had done anything wrong whereas Danielle kept her head down and stayed out of the spotlight for long enough for the incident to blow over.

Danielle was the absolute bleeping WORST out of all of them. Only someone horrifically bleeping nasty and fucked in the head would find the idea of flicking their vaginal thrush into someone's curry as 'hilarious'. She's a bleeping SKANK.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Danielle was the absolute bleeping WORST out of all of them. Only someone horrifically bleeping nasty and fucked in the head would find the idea of flicking their vaginal thrush into someone's curry as 'hilarious'. She's a bleeping SKANK.
I think she proved how grubby she was when she shoved that that Pringle up her you know what. I mean who even thinks about doing something like that? Absolutely bleeping minging.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.