Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just did some searching and another Judge Rinder alumni was that annoying guy from the Timebomb series who got evicted but then put back in and his catchphrase was SHOWBIZZZZZ!

Reactions: 3
Just did some searching and another Judge Rinder alumni was that annoying guy from the Timebomb series who got evicted but then put back in and his catchphrase was SHOWBIZZZZZ!
Hahahahaha omg I remember him! VERY ANNOYING 🙈 is it just me or were the majority of the channel 5 housemates totally forgettable?

Reactions: 1
Hahahahaha omg I remember him! VERY ANNOYING 🙈 is it just me or were the majority of the channel 5 housemates totally forgettable?
The only Channel 5 series I can even remember somewhat is the one with the fake rich girl Gina, Sallie Axl (her thread on here is a must read!) the mum & daughter, the actor housemate and Dan who ended up marrying Rylan.

The main thing I remember about is that guy Dale (?) assaulting Hazel and being chucked out.

The Channel 5 years were not glory years (although they had some good celeb series).

Reactions: 4
The only Channel 5 series I can even remember somewhat is the one with the fake rich girl Gina, Sallie Axl (her thread on here is a must read!) the mum & daughter, the actor housemate and Dan who ended up marrying Rylan.

The main thing I remember about is that guy Dale (?) assaulting Hazel and being chucked out.

The Channel 5 years were not glory years (although they had some good celeb series).
I loved the celeb series on channel 5! My favourite was the “David is dead” series 🙈 the only people I can remember from the civilian series is the vile Helen wood and latysha from the valleys..... prob because they were kinda known before entering the house 🙈

Reactions: 13
I remember quite liking the first channel 5 series with Aaron and Faye (can't really remember any other HM's from that series lol). But I didn't last many series into the Ch5 era, I'd start them and just give up. Then eventually completely gave up with it.

I LOVED that series! Easily Channel 5’s best one. I believe it followed that brilliant CBB series with Luisa, Jim Davidson, Lionel Blair, the Lee, Jasmine and Casey triangle and the mystery of Frank Carson’s dressing room 😂 Only BB series to ever get extended whilst still on the air, I think?

Reactions: 5
Ooh please summarise @Lanavalentine before I try and find it.

This should help explain things

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I LOVED that series! Easily Channel 5’s best one. I believe it followed that brilliant CBB series with Luisa, Jim Davidson, Lionel Blair, the Lee, Jasmine and Casey triangle and the mystery of Frank Carson’s dressing room 😂 Only BB series to ever get extended whilst still on the air, I think?
And Dappy getting it on with Louisa,and how can I forget Lionel Blair in bondage gear 🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And Dappy getting it on with Louisa,and how can I forget Lionel Blair in bondage gear 🤢🤢🤢
“suck my dick”

I can still hear him saying that in my nightmares (and Luisa calling him a “bleeping grandpa”)

Edited to add:

the most memorable bit of that series HAS to be “he has mugged you off, darlin’”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“suck my dick”

I can still hear him saying that in my nightmares (and Luisa calling him a “bleeping grandpa”)

Edited to add:

the most memorable bit of that series HAS to be “he has mugged you off, darlin’”
I was alternating between 🙊🙈 and 😂😭 during that episode.

There were so many funny moments during that series. When Luisa and Lionel has to stay in the world’s most annoying room and BB kept calling them and asking for “Mildred”(?) and Lionel snarled “oh, duck OFF” 😂😂 and I will never forget when Luisa has to cheer every one up but everyone else was given a secret mission to stay depressed and Liz was crying in the bath, moaning to Luisa that she was convinced her cat had died whilst she was in the house and she would end up dying alone. I might give it a rewatch if I can find it 😄

I remember during Jade Goody's original series when a girl in my class at school told me that she and her mum were going to wear pig masks to her eviction.
I remember newspapers at the time were calling her a pig too.

• Sad
I remember during Jade Goody's original series when a girl in my class at school told me that she and her mum were going to wear pig masks to her eviction.
I remember newspapers at the time were calling her a pig too.
The level of hatred was shocking looking back, quite frankly.

The pig thing started almost immediately, but that was just the beginning. By mid-June, the Sun was calling her a hippo, then a baboon. On July 3 the paper launched its campaign to "vote out the pig". "Jade is one of the most hated women on British TV and life will be hard for her when she leaves the house," wrote the showbiz columnist Dominic Mohan, "but don't feel sorry for her... Exercise your democratic right and vote the pig out." On July 14, the Sunday Mirror at last called time on the porcine comparisons. "I'm fed up of all the pig references. Besides, it's just plain insulting - to pigs." The paper decided elephant was more apt. "I must congratulate Jade on her wonderful impression of John Merrick. I think she should be called the Elephant Woman."

1619642729670.gif

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The hatred for Jade was vile and very misogynistic and classist in retrospect. I always felt sorry for her over PJ oral sex thing.

Jade had such a complicated relationship with the media which evolved so much over a short period of time: from hated “pig” to media darling and regular cover star of Heat magazine, to noted racist and hated again (with justifiable criticism this time), to tragic young mum with terminal cancer. Every stage was documented.

Reactions: 13
I also remember Graham Norton on his Channel 4 show being especially horrid about Jade making pig noises and pointing out stupid things she had said. There seemed to be a collective sense of "tit maybe we've gone too far" and decided we all now loved Jade and The Sun, Norton and everyone started rooting for her to win.

It was the first time I became aware of the manipulation of the edit to shift the villain status to newcomer Tim for trivial things like having an annoying catchphrase (comprende) and dying his hair. It was also the first time they seemed to glorify a contestant's lack of intelligence as an endearing source of comedy as well as a supposed signifier of them being down to earth and real. It's weird to think how the history of Big Brother if not all of TV would have been if not for this shift. No Brian Belo, no Joey Essex, Gemma Collins or even Stacy Solomon etc.

While the hatred of Jade was undeserved I was never comfortable with going in the opposite direction and making her the Nation's Sweetheart. She had a nasty bullying streak towards Sophie and another girl from that season whose name escapes me. We saw it again during her other reality TV stints Back To Reality and her infamous return to Celebrity Big Brother. It would have been interesting to see whether she could have clawed things back had it not been for her tragic death.

Reactions: 10
I only remember one person from the channel 5 series’ and that’s because I knew them. Oh and Helen Wood (was she on 5 or 4?). It really went downhill after moving from C4.

Reactions: 1
I only remember one person from the channel 5 series’ and that’s because I knew them. Oh and Helen Wood (was she on 5 or 4?). It really went downhill after moving from C4.
Helen Wood was on Channel 5, in their worst series of BB (probably because of her) following their best series (14)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.