Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Imogen has to be one of the most vapid and dull people I’ve ever come across in my life. She seemed to have absolutely no personality whatsoever. Pretty but so boring with the conversational skills of a plank of wood.

Reactions: 14

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I was just about to come in and post this. She looks incredibly unwell, did she have an eating disorder before going into the BB house?
Yes, she had already spent multiple times in hospital due to anorexia. HOW she passed the psych tests to get in that year (and Lea, and Shabaz for that matter) I’ll never know. (I mean, I know you can fake not being ill but I thought the whole point of those sorts of tests were that they were vigorous and meant to weed out that sort of fakery).

PinkFigs

VIP Member
Mario’s real name is Sean Astbury. I always got the feeling he was controlling of Lisa. I mean anyone who changes their name to Mario Marcone when they’re not even Italian has to be a complete twat.
I remember when he was going into the BB house Davina McCall said 'Mario isn't Italian and in fact he's never even been to Italy'. What a knob!

• Haha

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Well l have to say, l grew up in Bermondsey and was a similar age to Jade. There were racists and racist language was used, but l wouldn't repeat it or behave that way. I didn't grow up in a home with drug abuse but it was far from perfect. It's not all about upbringing and she clearly wasn't a stupid woman despite the evidence to the contrary, look at the empire she built. I could well believe she was a bully at school, she seems the type. She doesn't get a free pass because of her upbringing or lack of intelligence. You don't have to he a genius to work out being a POS to someone because of their ethnicity is wrong.

I can't give her a pass because she got ill. I'm not even sure she left a legacy from dying from cervical cancer, she was hardly universally liked and admired at that point. The only thing she seems to be remembered for is being the person who kicked off being famous for being famous despite having no talent and being a racist bully.

• Heart

MissGlitzyRitzy

VIP Member
After this sad news of Nikki's death I hope Big Brother do a tribute a show to her and Id happily watch the whole of the series she was in.

Oh those days when Big Brother was The Bomb 💣💥

Rip Nikki 🙏

HitchhikingGhost

VIP Member
I rewatched the BB with Anthony, Craig etc not long ago. Craig comes across as so manipulative and borderline creepy with Anthony. Was way worse than I remember, he'd literally flip with Anthony over nothing.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
For god’s sake, Imogen speaking up about Pete taking his grief show all over town is NOT “trolling”.

Bringing up the nomination from however many years ago just shows how childish he is. Imogen bit her tongue for a long time and still kept it concise and classy when she did call him out.

It’s also clear Imogen was very close to Nikki, there is a lot of evidence for that so not sure why Pete feels the need to insinuate it’s not true.

He’s totally entitled to feel grief and pain at Nikki’s death - I don’t think anyone denies that? What is not ok is talking to every single media outlet who asks, especially when he’s misrepresenting how close he & Nikki were. Have some respect and grieve in private - like Nikki’s real friends are.

S4buk

VIP Member
Makosi was one of BBs best ever, and most iconic housemates. Her interview was an absolute travesty.

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Sad news about Nikki. That series was enthralling viewing but, looking back, the casting was pretty irresponsible.

I always wanted to know the actual tea with Dawn from that series. She was the exercise scientist who got thrown out a week in for passing coded messages to the outside world. She went on hunger strike to have the tapes of her time in the house destroyed and is now impossible to track down online.

• Wow

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Imogen was one of many for Ryan Giggs, but honestly it’s entirely irrelevant to the discussion anyway? Lea and Bonnie (her spelling of vulture is quite something) are out of order. They could be “Team Pete” without dragging in irrelevant history.

Narinder’s comment is also a bit out of order, saying she “can’t speak ill of Nikki now”. Don’t hint at it, you can just avoid the topic completely!

They’re all just really messy and attention-seeking, aren’t they? Nobody’s changed.

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I think she was her 'bridesmaid'.

Pete on GMB

He’s just talking about himself the entire way through! And admits they weren’t close over the years. It’s a very uncomfortable watch.

I’m not saying his feelings for Nikki aren’t genuine but it’s clear to me he’s happily pimping himself out for TV interviews and press, despite not having the closeness he’s trying to insinuate, and almost thinking of himself of a potential saviour of Nikki which is rather gross.

Lovely to know from Imogen that she, Carly & Leon were with Nikki every single day (they alternated) and that Nikki’s mum was there for every moment. I’m so glad to know she was never alone.

Reactions: 13

Sazbee

VIP Member
Ryan giggs ruined Ryan giggs marriage. He was the one who did wrong. Imogen was single, he wasn’t.
Yes morally shouldn’t have done it but the only person who wrecked his family is him. Wasn’t he shagging his own brothers wife too?
I see he's just been charged with assault and coercive and controlling behaviour. He's a vile man.

• Sick

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I remember there were concerns that someone would attack Jade when she left the house after BB3. The hatred was that bad. I know you shouldn‘t speak badly of the dead, but Jade was truly a horrible person and proved it over and over again. You can’t polish a turd at the end of the day and all the manipulation in the world couldn’t hide that. Let lose and away from the PR grooming she was a thick, racist bully.

• Heart

Jellybb

VIP Member
The only Channel 5 series I can even remember somewhat is the one with the fake rich girl Gina, Sallie Axl (her thread on here is a must read!) the mum & daughter, the actor housemate and Dan who ended up marrying Rylan.

The main thing I remember about is that guy Dale (?) assaulting Hazel and being chucked out.

The Channel 5 years were not glory years (although they had some good celeb series).
I loved the celeb series on channel 5! My favourite was the “David is dead” series 🙈 the only people I can remember from the civilian series is the vile Helen wood and latysha from the valleys..... prob because they were kinda known before entering the house 🙈

Cannoteven

Yes, she had already spent multiple times in hospital due to anorexia. HOW she passed the psych tests to get in that year (and Lea, and Shabaz for that matter) I’ll never know. (I mean, I know you can fake not being ill but I thought the whole point of those sorts of tests were that they were vigorous and meant to weed out that sort of fakery).
I used to work with someone whose friend was a researcher on the Nikki BB series. She didnt pass the psych tests (totally failed them, they knew she was unstable) but they put her in for entertainment value. Really awful and manipulative (shock - TV show prioritises viewing figures over individual well being) I found this out about 2006? - I couldn't watch BB after that.
Any other reality show I watch with that format - Love Island etc - it's always in the back of my mind.

• Sad
  • Angry

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
The hatred for Jade was vile and very misogynistic and classist in retrospect. I always felt sorry for her over PJ oral sex thing.

Jade had such a complicated relationship with the media which evolved so much over a short period of time: from hated “pig” to media darling and regular cover star of Heat magazine, to noted racist and hated again (with justifiable criticism this time), to tragic young mum with terminal cancer. Every stage was documented.

cobette

VIP Member
BB6 had so many really awful individuals, it was quite hard to know who to root for at times.

Even Derek, who was old enough to know better, was complicit in the bullying of Sam Heuston and he could be very patronising to Science.

On original viewing I could not stand Anthony but I re-watched last year and he absolutely deserved that win after how he dealt with the nutters that were Makosi and Craig.