Big Brother 2023 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t they say that whoever had the most eggs got an advantage at the end task? Or maybe it was when a team won a smaller task they would get an advantage? I’m sure there was something about advantages in the end task anyway, but no advantages were mentioned at the end? And what was the point in the other tasks, the sniffing and holding food above head and the eggs??? I’m confused lol
The winning team got to be in charge of the shopping list.

I don't get the Paul hate at all 🫣

As for the row, he was having a bad day ( as we all do) and the girls were laughing at him. That would wind me up too. He knew he was wrong and apologised.
Noki I can't take to at all. Something very superior about her

Reactions: 17
I agree with above comments - with BB being short it could have been full of twists and turns but it hasn’t been. I’m enjoying it though!

I do think we’re missing lots of context as well which is a shame. Would be good to see more of the housemates outside of tasks and more conversations, controversial or not.
lts quite poor actually they must be quite boring in there all afraid of voicing an opinion as feel they will be up for eviction when before in old Big Bro it sort of never really held people back and Iam sure there are more restrictons on what even housemates can even say or not say due to how it can affect people mental health even when there is a situation that occurs it’s usually something of nothing, bet the editing lot are happy when something does occur though to fill air time

Reactions: 4
Watching last night’s episode. Thoughts:

- I actually like Paul more this episode than I have so far.
- Task is just so badly edited.
- The girls are right about Dylan. He is coming across as controlling. I’ve not warmed to him.
- Noky is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. On a different note, I’m liking her more.
- Hallie has a mean streak.
- Jordan was really not happy with Matty’s answer on the would you rather. Seeing a different side to him.
- Poor Jenkin. Just leave him alone.
- I would lose my tit if people were bleeping about in the bedroom at 3am.

Reactions: 16
Yeah he was. I think like they said on BBLL though that may have been just him trying to get the role himself by putting her off. But it came off really condescending towards her!
---

She is 100% the worst live presenter I’ve seen on tv (outside of Irish tv at least. We have some shocking presenters here 😂)
I can’t take to either of the presenters and she did do it originally with Rylan then left for whatever reason
---
Watching last night’s episode. Thoughts:

- I actually like Paul more this episode than I have so far.
- Task is just so badly edited.
- The girls are right about Dylan. He is coming across as controlling. I’ve not warmed to him.
- Noky is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. On a different note, I’m liking her more.
- Hallie has a mean streak.
- Jordan was really not happy with Matty’s answer on the would you rather. Seeing a different side to him.
- Poor Jenkin. Just leave him alone.
- I would lose my tit if people were bleeping about in the bedroom at 3am.
Jenkin lost the plot before bedtime though he was just getting annoyed with everyone all day why can’t people sleep in different parts of the house though if it dies become to much are they not allowed
---
I can’t take to either of the presenters and she did do it originally with Rylan then left for whatever reason
---

Jenkin lost the plot before bedtime though he was just getting annoyed with everyone all day why can’t people sleep in different parts of the house though if it does become to much noise wise are they not allowed
---
I actually really enjoyed that episodes, in some ways I like the lack of involment from Big Brother and just watching what happens between themselves and the dynamics of being in the house and what it does outside of been given tasks and big brother influencing things. I really like Jenkins, Chanel has a nasty side to her i think . If Paul has a girlfriend on the outside I would feel so sorry for her as he and Tom clearly fancy Olivia .
Did you hear her ask Jenkins how you would feel if someone would call you a fat bastard well you just did 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't get the Paul hate at all 🫣

As for the row, he was having a bad day ( as we all do) and the girls were laughing at him. That would wind me up too. He knew he was wrong and apologised.
Noki I can't take to at all. Something very superior about her
Being from near Liverpool I grew up around so many scouse teenage lads who had the exact same arrogance he’s got. Clearly has kept hold of those same high school behaviours because he comes across as an absolute twit!

Oh and I’ve seen his little scrawny dick on innocent big brother twitter searches too so not a fan of that either!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Being from near Liverpool I grew up around so many scouse teenage lads who had the exact same arrogance he’s got. Clearly has kept hold of those same high school behaviours because he comes across as an absolute twit!

Oh and I’ve seen his little scrawny dick on innocent big brother twitter searches too so not a fan of that either!
Scrawny dick 😂😂😂 I’ve never seen a pencil dick, I wanna look but I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for that
God I bet it just rattles around inside ya when he enters

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This series has been so, boring hasn’t it. There’s been no drama and just stupid tasks!

Reactions: 7
Did someone say Yinrun had nominated Hallie? That just adds to the BB protecting/wanting Hallie to win theory tbh cause why was her nominations taken away but not Hallie and Olivia 🥱

Reactions: 14
This series has been so, boring hasn’t it. There’s been no drama and just stupid tasks!
I think they’re really wasting the potential of the cast. What was the point of throwing in the likes of Trish with men that clearly have problems with women and then not seeing the full context of their dislike for each other?

This season will be remembered for the Boatstopper romance at this point. Even Kerry seems to have fallen off a bit now after the chants

Hallie is growing on me slightly

Reactions: 2
I'll just leave this here 😏
Yeah I agree the mullet and the tach are yuck and Matty does say some stupid tit sometimes even for a doctor, but I can overlook all that because of those eyes of his, I can see why Jordan has a crush on him and called him sweet. But I can’t overlook Toms mullet which is much worse with that awful curly perm, shaved sides and pathetic tach. No mullet is good but Toms is really ruining what is a nice face and ok personality, instead it just makes him look like a scouse idiot like Paul, when he’s not.

Reactions: 1
I think they’re really wasting the potential of the cast. What was the point of throwing in the likes of Trish with men that clearly have problems with women and then not seeing the full context of their dislike for each other?

This season will be remembered for the Boatstopper romance at this point. Even Kerry seems to have fallen off a bit now after the chants

Hallie is growing on me slightly
I agree, and I think a lot of it comes down to the editing - we are clearly missing juicy bits.

I’m quite left wing, and I don’t want to sound like a Daily Mail reader but I do think a lot of this has to do with the more “woke” (ew hate that word) culture of 2023. ITV are scared of getting complaints (particularly after the way they handled Caroline Flack) and they know how quickly a series like Big Brother can attract complaints for bullying/racism/ sexism so we’re seeing a very watered down version of the house. Big Brother is not being as hard on them as previous (channel 4) series but they’re also not giving them that much to do. They’ve all had to go through sensitivity training before going into the house and have agreed to a code of conduct which also means housemates are VERY aware of how quickly they can be ejected for anything they do.

And times really have changed. I was watching the launch show for BB7 last night for some reason and this guy George went in and Davina listed his fears as “effeminate gay men and transvestites” - I was absolutely shocked! This was only 2006, can you imagine even thinking about saying that these days? You would be crucified! (And rightly so).

I have come to the conclusion that Big Brother simply cannot exist in the way it used to. If you look at YouTube videos that are like “all the fights from Big Brother 5” then you notice that there’s just so much that would not be in any way acceptable these days.

Reactions: 16
Chanelle said something on a livestream the other night about being cautioned for something she did. Hallie has also said that she has been "told off" for something (it cut to bird song). Hard to know whether it involved sensitivity and diversity training they have gone through but given that we haven't seen any of this I think it's possible. Though Olivia broke a lamp in one stream and we also didn't see that - and the way they joke about being told off for messing with the furniture would suggest that they're told off a lot

We never saw Kerry being told off for the use of "gay" despite it being reported all over Twitter

It sounds like a bit of a chaotic house from that too

Reactions: 4
I agree, and I think a lot of it comes down to the editing - we are clearly missing juicy bits.

I’m quite left wing, and I don’t want to sound like a Daily Mail reader but I do think a lot of this has to do with the more “woke” (ew hate that word) culture of 2023. ITV are scared of getting complaints (particularly after the way they handled Caroline Flack) and they know how quickly a series like Big Brother can attract complaints for bullying/racism/ sexism so we’re seeing a very watered down version of the house. Big Brother is not being as hard on them as previous (channel 4) series but they’re also not giving them that much to do. They’ve all had to go through sensitivity training before going into the house and have agreed to a code of conduct which also means housemates are VERY aware of how quickly they can be ejected for anything they do.

And times really have changed. I was watching the launch show for BB7 last night for some reason and this guy George went in and Davina listed his fears as “effeminate gay men and transvestites” - I was absolutely shocked! This was only 2006, can you imagine even thinking about saying that these days? You would be crucified! (And rightly so).

I have come to the conclusion that Big Brother simply cannot exist in the way it used to. If you look at YouTube videos that are like “all the fights from Big Brother 5” then you notice that there’s just so much that would not be in any way acceptable these days.
It’s the same as Love Island the early series. They were all so open about sex, you had them openly sleeping with each other on camera
That just wouldn’t happen now

Reactions: 2
The main issue for me is also that they are all in there with a further ultimate goal - ie being influencers, presenters etc. to show themselves up too much would damage the chances of that happening. Influencer culture didn’t exist as it does now with the OG BB series, the housemates weren’t using it as a strategic career move.

Reactions: 3
Also Yinrun was straight up discussing with Trish about how her being in jail has hurt her chances to win BB 🤭

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Chanelle said something on a livestream the other night about being cautioned for something she did. Hallie has also said that she has been "told off" for something (it cut to bird song). Hard to know whether it involved sensitivity and diversity training they have gone through but given that we haven't seen any of this I think it's possible. Though Olivia broke a lamp in one stream and we also didn't see that - and the way they joke about being told off for messing with the furniture would suggest that they're told off a lot

We never saw Kerry being told off for the use of "gay" despite it being reported all over Twitter

It sounds like a bit of a chaotic house from that too
If they want to bring the show into 2023 they need to SHOW these kinds of things. Show housemates revealing prejudices, being challenged by housemates, by big brother..having their views changed !! I think I speak for everyone when i say we'd ALL rather see that them titting about in ant costumes !! They led all the marketing with the "original social experiment" banner, put in a genuinely diverse group of people, and then don't show any of the conversations that would make this a social experiment.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.