Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wthamidoinghere

VIP Member
I retract my statement about box ticking on launch night. Just had a wonderful conversation with my sibling, who is a transgender female, about how, despite there being no ill meaning and it being a general observation, it could be seen as offensive. Despite my knowing that I'm not transphobic in any way, sometimes my thumbs engage before my brain. So, this is an apology to anyone who was irked or offended by it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Ensay

VIP Member
It's annoying when they get pissed off at this kind of thing. Hardly anyone knows each other and they have to do it... so chill out. 🤣

elvanse70

Or to ask someone else, therefore behind that person's back 🙄 It's like Farida can't win. I bet Farida wouldn't be offended if anyone asked her an 'ignorant' question about being Muslim.
Well exactly, there’s nothing wrong with asking an ignorant question if the intention is to better yourself.

I’m openly gay, and I remember when I asked my muslim friend:

“If your religion is totally against being gay and doesn’t accept it, why are you such good friends with me?”

and she replied “If I have a problem with you, I’ve got a problem between myself and god”.

What I asked may seem like i’m stereotyping all muslims as homophobes, but it’s to learn and understand so I avoid jumping to that assumption.

• Heart

inyo

VIP Member
Zak is an idiot. He just said he never goes to the hospital because he has a high pain threshold and can just manifest that he'll be okay.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

elvanse70

Hallie babe, I completely appreciate that what she said may seem ignorant.

But she was literally asking so she could learn and use the right language and mindset in future.

It’s just my opinion, it might have been a bit personal for the bed but she had good intentions and just wanted to improve herself which is admirable.

PurplePie

Chatty Member
This is a lovely conversation with the guys. I actually love that Big Brother brings people from different walks of life together

• Heart

inyo

VIP Member
Do you not having think having this conversation is important and progressive?
I found the way she worded her questions really crass, so I don't think there was anything particularly progressive about that conversation. It felt intrusive to ask what genitalia she has after three days.

Reactions: 24