Big Brother 2023 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone needs to make a banner saying Jim the non-entity ๐Ÿ˜‚
I so will if I can get a ticket! When do the release tickets for the eviction nights does anyone know? Iโ€™m only 20 mins away in south ken so if they over subscribe I can drive over in no time!

Reactions: 5
So is what you are saying. To call it racism because the black woman is voted out. At the end of the day it will probably be Yinrun who will win, an East Asian woman. As I say, maybe racism came into a bit, but there's no knowing whatsoever. There may have been voters who just didn't like Trish. I happened to like her, but it is what it is. Just because you or I like it, doesn't mean the many thousands of others watching will.
It's not maybe, it did

The fact you mentioned Yinrun not understanding the model minority shows this is not in your range. Yes that sentence might sound rude, but it's true. You don't know enough to understand the intersectionality of this conversation.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Amen to this. Also white as shared prior and I was probably unaware of racism because I wasn't raised to judge on anything other than character. But after genuine education I was shocked. Naive before, definitely, and don't ever want to be a "white saviour" but I'll happily stand up for any social justice.

Sadly this thread evidences how rife it all remains
Itโ€™s nice to see there are some people on here that arenโ€™t POC that just get it.
Thank youโ˜บ

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Don't think this format of having interviews on L&L works for me - like others have said it gives the evictees time to speak to family, half of L&L is taken up with the interview, and Fridays there's SO much more to unpack. We need longer L&L eps on eviction days.

Also it's a bit more stiff than say when Rylan did it. The audience don't shout out things, AJ and Will aren't running around with mics and there's no natural flow of conversation (which is what made BBLB/BOTS so good back in the day - the audience are true BB fans!)
Hate the interviews being on second show ruins the whole eviction vibe

Reactions: 13
It's not maybe, it did

The fact you mentioned Yinrun not understanding the model minority shows this is not in your range. Yes that sentence might sound rude, but it's true. You don't know enough to understand the intersectionality of this conversation.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

EXACTLY!!!!!

Reactions: 1
I agree. I didn't like her. As is my right to an opinion on the hms. As for the racist claims, does that mean a poc is above any criticism. No.
As I said, I reckon Yinrun will probably win. She's an Asian woman. It's impossible to know if the voting was due to race. I'm sure there will be a number of people who just didn't like Trish due to her race, but others may not have liked her attitude in there. Impossible to know.

It's not maybe, it did

But how do you know it did? Surely Trish would have gone out the other week over Paul if that was the case.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.