Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it depends how much you’d likely use it. Hopefully somebody will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Mini or the UFO can take *most* masks, it’s just that they have fewer settings?

I’ve just done a Make My Day mask and it mentions switching from red to green LED at the end, but mine didn’t do this. I ran through it twice just to check. Does this happen for anybody else?
Honestly, I only remember it doing red

Reactions: 1
I think it depends how much you’d likely use it. Hopefully somebody will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Mini or the UFO can take *most* masks, it’s just that they have fewer settings?

I’ve just done a Make My Day mask and it mentions switching from red to green LED at the end, but mine didn’t do this. I ran through it twice just to check. Does this happen for anybody else?
Mine went green the other day. It was red/warm, vibrated and went green.

For that specific mask? Sorry for the interrogation. Mine has done green light for a different mask. Not sure if I'm worrying about nothing.

I've never bought from them so I don't know how reliable they are, but Skincity has the UFO2 at 20% off at the moment:

Yes it started with heat and red light then cool and green light
Thanks. Bugger. I wonder if there's anything I can do. The app is up to date.

For that specific mask? Sorry for the interrogation. Mine has done green light for a different mask. Not sure if I'm worrying about nothing.

I've never bought from them so I don't know how reliable they are, but Skincity has the UFO2 at 20% off at the moment:

Thanks. Bugger. I wonder if there's anything I can do. The app is up to date.
Yeah I just went into the app, selected the mask and it started.

Maybe try deleting the app and reinstalling it? Otherwise I would contact Foreo.

I have a 15% off code for cult beauty and I think I’ll go for the UFO - it’s in the basket and I just need to push the button! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The UFO and the UFO 2 are essentially the same; they can take all masks but the UFO 2 has more customised settings

The mini can only really take the Make My Day and Call It A Night masks, it can't take most of the advanced ones

For that reason I'd say go for either the UFO or UFO 2. You can't go wrong with either. If you have the extra bit of money and think you'll use the customised settings it's worth getting the 2. Otherwise the UFO is still fantastic.
Would you say you can really tell/feel the difference between the 1&2 ?

I've now ordered the Bulgarian Rose and Coconut masks. Don't let me buy any more for a while :D.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh god, damn you all. I have the hot pink UFO2 in my basket. I need to think carefully about this. I am a regular sheet mask user anyway with a quartz roller thing, is it going to give much more impressive results than my usual acid toner, sheet mask and roller routine? (Please tell me no).

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh god, damn you all. I have the hot pink UFO2 in my basket. I need to think carefully about this. I am a regular sheet mask user anyway with a quartz roller thing, is it going to give much more impressive results than my usual acid toner, sheet mask and roller routine? (Please tell me no).
Can’t answer your question really because I’ve gone from washing my face with water in the shower to buying everything that skincare queen @SqualorVictoria says to buy (looove the UFO2 if that helps) BUT can I ask what you do with the quartz roller? Someone gave me one for Christmas and I’ve not even opened it yet, do you roll products on with it?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can’t answer your question really because I’ve gone from washing my face with water in the shower to buying everything that skincare queen @SqualorVictoria says to buy (looove the UFO2 if that helps) BUT can I ask what you do with the quartz roller? Someone gave me one for Christmas and I’ve not even opened it yet, do you roll products on with it?
I just use it over sheet masks or even just my usual night time skincare and it is cooling (I find it depuffing around the eyes), adds definition and helps push the skincare or mask in. I think I followed a YouTube tutorial (there are loads) the first time I did it. I feel like it does make a bit of shortterm difference but longterm who knows..

That reminds me, @judgejohndeed how are you getting on with the Dermaflash Dermapore?
I don’t really use it that often tbh. I think it is really effective on blackheads which I don’t often get, my problem is really sebaceous filaments which I’ve given up on. If I use it on them they just fill up again. How about you? I haven’t tried using it for serum yet, wondering if that might be a better use for it

Can anyone recommend a good cleanser to use with a FOREO? Been using a Clinique rinse off foaming cleanser but I’m finding it’s making my dry skin even drier. Thanks 🙏

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.