Beyond skincare - cosmetic gadgets and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It took me a few weeks to see much of a change with the NuFace. It's not totally transformational, but I can see a difference now under my horrible slack chin. I have stepped it up to do the longer programme most days though. Don't think the quick programme is a match for my sagging jowls :D.

Reactions: 2
That's strange as I've noticed quite a difference in my cheek area and my skin is glowing. I've been using it everyday since I got it - I'm taking tonight and tomorrow off to use my UFO mini.

Keep with it!
My skin is much better but I get the feeling that’s more down to the UFO tbh 😂 I haven’t noticed any lifting. Will keep going with it anyway but thought it was interesting they say most people see a difference immediately, I guess when you add lord of things into your routine at once it’s hard to pinpoint the cause

Not seeing much of a change with my Nu Face yet. Watched a video last night comparing it to the FOREO Bear and kinda wish I’d gone with that instead 👀 there’s a Magnitone one that looks similar too...so many options!
I do notice a change agter using it but I think it is something which needs to be used consistently to see and maintain results.

Reactions: 1
Patiently waiting on my nuface Trinity to arrive!

Has anyone had any luck with body brushing to reduce the appearance of cellulite?

I did the coconut mask this morning with my UFO. My skin is dry/dehydrated. Normally after a shower I'd need to moisturise my face twice to get rid of that dry/tight feeling, that's how dry I'm talking. 😁

First of all the mask smells amazing, I love coconut anyway but this is gorgeous. I did the specific program for the mask on the app and I really enjoyed it. The heating part felt really nice on my skin. There was a small amount of serum left in the pack which I applied to my neck and chest with my fingers. After the treatment my skin felt plump and soft. I didn't feel like I needed moisturiser and I haven't applied any as of yet, I want to see how effective the mask is on its own.

I really like it, definitely can see why people love the device and masks so much. I'm not sure how often I will use the coconut mask - I have some day and night ones for dry skin to try next. I'd like to try a few different ones too to see what benefits my skin the most and then stock up on those.

Although I've only used it once I do think the UFO is one of my best beauty purchases ever.

Reactions: 7
I want to get some new masks and I’m not sure which ones to go for! I am still loving the blue hydration one and the matte one but want to branch out a bit 👀 any thoughts on the night time one?

Personally I prefer the advanced masks to the day and night one but they're still good.

I've tried most except the shimmer ones, couldn't be bothered with those.

Green tea is great for summer or for oily skin. Cannabis seed oil and youth junkie are my favourites

I also love rose, manuka honey and acai berry

Reactions: 3
I think it depends how much you’d likely use it. Hopefully somebody will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the Mini or the UFO can take *most* masks, it’s just that they have fewer settings?

I’ve just done a Make My Day mask and it mentions switching from red to green LED at the end, but mine didn’t do this. I ran through it twice just to check. Does this happen for anybody else?

I was playing with the Foreo app last night and saw the different lights you can have on as a treatment away from the pre-programmed ones. I have a few sheet masks knocking around (Holika Holika acai Berry and a Garnier anti age one): thinking of using one of those and having the red light setting on. Anyone tried this?

The UFO and the UFO 2 are essentially the same; they can take all masks but the UFO 2 has more customised settings

The mini can only really take the Make My Day and Call It A Night masks, it can't take most of the advanced ones

For that reason I'd say go for either the UFO or UFO 2. You can't go wrong with either. If you have the extra bit of money and think you'll use the customised settings it's worth getting the 2. Otherwise the UFO is still fantastic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
You're so welcome! I've been using the UFO since 2019 and love it, my partner got me the 2 for my birthday. Otherwise I would still be using and loving the UFO. I absolutely love them

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My skin is looking so dull, dehydrated and bleurgh at the moment that I am very, very tempted. I would love a facial right now, with light therapy, massage the full works.

You deserve it! I can feel a difference for days after them. And the cost of buying the masks is still far less than a decent professional facial

I did the day mask this morning with the UFO and while it's very nice I didn't think it felt as luxurious as the coconut one. My skin feels good, it's not dry but it is a bit tacky feeling.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.