Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anybody know if there are regular sales on the Smoothskin devices please? There's currently a boxing day offer but I wanted a few days to think about it, wondering if there's likely to be a New Year sale too!

Slightly different question from me.
I’ve read that LED can help with hair loss. Does anyone know of anyone who has had success with this please?
The hair cap devices are very expensive but if they work I’d invest in one for my 20 something, very self conscious son.
Thanks.
(part of me thinks they can’t really work or else wouldn’t we end up with hairy faces from the facial devices?) 🤔

Slightly different question from me.
I’ve read that LED can help with hair loss. Does anyone know of anyone who has had success with this please?
The hair cap devices are very expensive but if they work I’d invest in one for my 20 something, very self conscious son.
Thanks.
(part of me thinks they can’t really work or else wouldn’t we end up with hairy faces from the facial devices?) 🤔
I've heard the same, I have the CurrentBody face and neck masks and I have used the neck one on my head. I think studies show they can help.

Dr Idriss did a video on hairloss and recommended minoxidil at 5% and some other products. Philip Kingsley does products and supplements for hairloss as well.

The best results are from PRP and microneedling.

Reactions: 3
Always love coming

Has anyone got any recommendations for blue light masks? I’ve got a currentbody mask but I keep getting the odd few spots and I’m wondering if blue light treatment is the way to go?

Good evening 😊

I’m so tempted by this for my old lady hands 😭 has anyone tried it?

Reactions: 2
Good evening 😊

I’m so tempted by this for my old lady hands 😭 has anyone tried it?
Haven't tried it - but interested. CurrentBody had a previous LED hand mask which was like a large glove. This looks better because you can treat both hands at the same time.

Haven't tried it - but interested. CurrentBody had a previous LED hand mask which was like a large glove. This looks better because you can treat both hands at the same time.
I think I’ll have to take one for the team 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
PENNLED gets you money off, found the code by accident researching micro needling, and had already bought my neck and dec device off qvc for a less good deal 😬 I think it’s 20% I have refer a friend but it’s only 12%

• Heart
Reactions: 3
PENNLED gets you money off, found the code by accident researching micro needling, and had already bought my neck and dec device off qvc for a less good deal 😬 I think it’s 20% I have refer a friend but it’s only 12%
Thanks! That code gets 25% off (the LED hand thing). @kelly123

• Heart
I’m sure this has been asked before but alternatives to the Dyson air wrap? It’s no good for my hair didnt hold style but works lovely on my step daughters. My hair is long and fine but a lot of it and I’m struggling with styling it at the moment. I used to be able to do nice curls/waves just with straighteners when it was shorter but it’s a bit too long now don’t really want it short again though. Is the Shark one any good or would I be better off with just a thick barrel tong thingy?

I’m sure this has been asked before but alternatives to the Dyson air wrap? It’s no good for my hair didnt hold style but works lovely on my step daughters. My hair is long and fine but a lot of it and I’m struggling with styling it at the moment. I used to be able to do nice curls/waves just with straighteners when it was shorter but it’s a bit too long now don’t really want it short again though. Is the Shark one any good or would I be better off with just a thick barrel tong thingy?
Would also love to know this. Would love a Dyson but not willing to pay for it!

My hair is different to yours (long and a lot but thick) and I had an airwrap which did nothing for it expect make it pretty for about 30 minutes before it all dropped out. I tried loads of different things in terms of products and prepping it as I was determined to make it work. I have some friends who have it and it works really well on their hair. I've not tried the Shark but I would imagine it is the same thing.

The best thing for me is a curling wand which cost about £30. Lasts for days and the style of the curls are actually nicer than the dyson.

Revlon one step works for me. I use it with colour wow's dream coat and it stays styled for days. I twist my hair up in a very loose bun over night to stop it getting kinks

My hair is different to yours (long and a lot but thick) and I had an airwrap which did nothing for it expect make it pretty for about 30 minutes before it all dropped out. I tried loads of different things in terms of products and prepping it as I was determined to make it work. I have some friends who have it and it works really well on their hair. I've not tried the Shark but I would imagine it is the same thing.

The best thing for me is a curling wand which cost about £30. Lasts for days and the style of the curls are actually nicer than the dyson.
See my step daughters is thicker and it’s great on hers still after a few days. I tried so many things too different products but just wouldn’t hold, I think I need more heat perhaps.

I was just looking at the GHD soft curl tong I was never a fan of their straightener but I like the results on some of the TikTok tutorials.

See my step daughters is thicker and it’s great on hers still after a few days. I tried so many things too different products but just wouldn’t hold, I think I need more heat perhaps.

I was just looking at the GHD soft curl tong I was never a fan of their straightener but I like the results on some of the TikTok tutorials.
I’ve used the soft curl tong for years and I love it, I have lots of fine hair, waist length, and the curl holds really well

• Heart
those who use and enjoy the nuface, what results exactly do you notice from it? like how would you decribe? I was trying to explain it to a colleague earlier but couldn't other than "sort of lifting?"

those who use and enjoy the nuface, what results exactly do you notice from it? like how would you decribe? I was trying to explain it to a colleague earlier but couldn't other than "sort of lifting?"
For me it makes my face look lifted and less droopy. My cheekbones feel plumper. I definitely notice the change when I've not been using it regularly, i.e. this week post Hogmanay. So I'm getting back on it tomorrow!