Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We haven't mentioned UFO in a while.

Anyone tried the acai or cbd masks and like them? I've tried the cbd one and it did calm my rosacea. I have the acai one but not sure it did anything. What would people say is the most hydrating one?

Anyone tried the acai or cbd masks and like them? I've tried the cbd one and it did calm my rosacea. I have the acai one but not sure it did anything. What would people say is the most hydrating one?
I love my UFO, I find the Youth Junkie mask lovely and hydrating but having tried them all.

Reactions: 2
So sorry if this has been mentioned before. I’m interested in Lumi Eye Treatment. I called my clinic and they said they had other under eye treatments but not Lumi. What’s the big deal and should I scout around for it (I live overseas)

I have started to use the UFO2 sometimes without any mask…I just slather some kind of serum/moisturiser on it and off I go! I’ve chopped up some large off brand face sheet masks and have used those too. Cosrx pads with Hylauronic acid have been mentioned on some blogs as being suitable for use instead of the Foreo brand ones (way cheaper too!). I must try them!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have started to use the UFO2 sometimes without any mask…I just slather some kind of serum/moisturiser on it and off I go! I’ve chopped up some large off brand face sheet masks and have used those too. Cosrx pads with Hylauronic acid have been mentioned on some blogs as being suitable for use instead of the Foreo brand ones (way cheaper too!). I must try them!
Some good ideas there. Thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bought a similar set from Aliexpress but ended up binning it...I'm crap at using my gua sha etc tho!

Has anyone had veinwave for thread veins on the face? I had laser, they’ve all reoccurred. If yes, where did you go please? I’m trying to work out if it’s worth paying much more to go to a Dr Newman’s franchise near me, or just anywhere that does it. Thank you!
I had this done about five years ago (not at Dr Newman, but a local aesthetics clinic, carried out by a doctor) and I wouldn’t have it again.

Yes, new thread veins did appear (that’s to be expected), my main issue is that my face scabbed up where the needle had been into my skinand took ten days to clear. I wasn’t warned about this beforehand and I had a job involving lots of client meetings at the time, so the ten days afterwards was horrible to get through, as there’s nothing makeup can do to cover it.
Last year I had veins treated using nd:yag laser and it was much better. The doctor was very good at explaining what to expect and managing my expectations re: results and I will go back for another treatment in a few weeks time.
Hope that information is useful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had this done about five years ago (not at Dr Newman, but a local aesthetics clinic, carried out by a doctor) and I wouldn’t have it again.

Yes, new thread veins did appear (that’s to be expected), my main issue is that my face scabbed up where the needle had been into my skinand took ten days to clear. I wasn’t warned about this beforehand and I had a job involving lots of client meetings at the time, so the ten days afterwards was horrible to get through, as there’s nothing makeup can do to cover it.
Last year I had veins treated using nd:yag laser and it was much better. The doctor was very good at explaining what to expect and managing my expectations re: results and I will go back for another treatment in a few weeks time.
Hope that information is useful ❤
Thank you, that’s very helpful

Reactions: 1
I rang Dr Newman clinic and was told it was £130 for a consultation and £395 for the first treatment and i asked about recovery time and the agent said a couple of days - like sunburn.
What i didnt like was they wanted me to give my card details there and then for the consultation over the phone . There is no facility to pay on the website or in the clinic itself. So i decided not to.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Has anyone tried PRP for hair thinning?
I had my first session last week! Going for a PRP facial next week too. I'm excited to see what it does (I think I'll see much more noticeable results in the short term with the face than the hair).

I go to a doctor who started off doing it on himself and his brother and was impressed by the results so went into business, which I find reassuring. Another doctor I admire but can't afford lol Dr Joshua is a big PRP proponent and himself has it done so I'm optimistic its legitimate🤞 however my hair loss/thinning is more stress related so I'm not sure what I will see. Face though. I pray for the face. 40 has whacked me (in the face).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There's a Foreo Bear body device due to be released and even though I'm pretty bad at using my NuFace body I still want it

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Remember the Reduit Boost that some of us bought on Kickstarter?! I’ve decided to keep it in my car and use it to apply hand cream during my daily commutes!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
There's a Foreo Bear body device due to be released and even though I'm pretty bad at using my NuFace body I still want it
But... what's it for? 🤔 Bingo wings?

I do really like my Bear, has anyone used the Iris? Considering it as my next investment...

ETA: Ah, it targets cellulite. Maybe I should plump for that instead??

But... what's it for? 🤔 Bingo wings?

I do really like my Bear, has anyone used the Iris? Considering it as my next investment...

ETA: Ah, it targets cellulite. Maybe I should plump for that instead??
I haven’t used the iris, but am very tempted! Hopefully someone will be able to give a bit of feedback on it!