Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Keikochan

VIP Member
The brush was such a good buy - I've been using my NuFace every day now, turns out it really was such a deterrent to get gel all over my hands!

Weird question but does anyone have this issue with an IPL? I'm using the SmoothSkin and on my bikini line, I'm finding there's these tiny hairs that are growing back, but if I tweeze them out they come clean out with literally no resistance? I'm just wondering why they're still growing in even if it's just basically a tiny dot of a hair that comes out so easily, it's like they're just resting in my skin but ultimately they are still growing back. I haven't got this issue on my legs or anywhere else, will these hairs eventually stop growing in altogether?
I think that is just how the IPL works. It seems to destroy the root and so the hair changes how it grows till it stops growing. In my experience the bikini area reacts way different to the leg area. It seems to take a lot longer to work.
It has been a few weeks since you asked so has there been any change yet?

Reactions: 1

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I've been looking at the Dermalux Flex for a couple of years now. Although I'm sure it's a great product, the thing that finally decided me against was that I'm so fidgety that I know I'd find it hard to lie still for 30 minutes.
Yes. One of the pros of my current led mask is that’s it’s only 10 mins. But I have an autoimmune disease of which chronic fatigue is one of my symptoms so I’m pretty good at lying down 😂

Lililyly

Fascinating, which Asian brand please?

ic
Sorry for the late reply, it’s a Vietnamese brand called LA’s house (not la the location but the name of the owner), great brand but shipping cost is too much for me now. The owner is almost 50 but she looks like she is in her late 20s early 30s! Asian gene is good ok but you do need to take supplement to maintain that gene I think!
---
Thank you for such a great post! I’m so interested in Dr Arrivo, can you tell us a bit more about it? It is expensive 🙈 but I’ve always heard fantastic things about the brand.

I’m really interested in other Japanese devices/skincare you use? I really like J/K beauty - I follow dr Zion on Instagram (she’s Korean American) and I love her balance of devices/products from across the world!
Thank you for your post! Sorry I hadn’t replied, I will just need to sit on my computer to type it down, my iPhone is so slow so very frustrating to type. Will do tomorrow x

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Been ages since I’ve been on this thread so apologies if this has already been discussed but I keep seeing gadgets like this advertised on social media and wondering if anyone had tried them? This isn’t the exact one that comes up but it was a version I found whilst googling as couldn’t remember the name of the actual product

IMG_2682.jpeg

EnglishRoseIrishRover

Thanks for the replies. I am 45 so should be peri menopausal but no real symptoms yet. But every time I squeeze something in the areas described above, 2 days late up comes a big red spot.

Funnily enough, I have some Paula’s Choice BHA liquid stuff so tried that last night for the first time and will see how it goes over the next weeks. Thanks for the other product recommendations.

Ccc8

@50sGirl I've had the Simba pillow for just over a month and I think it's worth every penny. It took me 3 goes to take enough of the (quite frankly cheap looking) bits of foam out but I love it!

Mamacita

VIP Member
What do you think of this treatment?
It’s an injection of hyalaunic can’t spell into the face so not prophilo?

they are calling it a glow boost

Is this a waste of time
Just for hydration boost,
That will probably be similar to like seventy hyal etc. Its basically a skin booster. Heard good things about some, but some people don't see much difference

Traazers

VIP Member
I got the Nuface fix when it first came out and wasn’t particularly impressed with the results. After a short use only it also developed a thin crack on the plastic around the metal heads (not been dropped etc) and i managed to return it to cultbeauty and didn’t bother to get a replacement. IMO you don’t need a separate device for the eyes if you already have a micro current device.
I had a feeling that would be the consensus. From using it a few times when I first got it I barely saw any difference and I found it easier to keep up with the routine without it. I might shove it on vinted or something

Traazers

VIP Member
Ugh so tempted to buy LED mask, tell me it's not worth it please 🤣
I've had one for three years (I now have the face, eye, neck and deck from currentbody) and I don't notice any huge difference from using them, to the point where I find it impossible to do every day and therefore don't see results. If you're convinced you can keep up with having a huge bit of plastic on your face for 10 mins a day with little to no actual results then go for it, otherwise I'd advise against it tbh

January

Fascinating, which Asian brand please?

Thank you! When I was 28 I used an Asian brand (marine one) now I’m also using the marine one too (ancient and brave)- it’s more expensive than bovine but it worked at 28 so I stick with it.

Collagens need 6-8 weeks to show improvement so don’t get disheartened if nothing shows initially. You could get a few breakouts at the beginning too I think it’s the toxin leaving your body!

i could be talking rubbish about toxin etc, but one thing i know for sure is collagen does work. i have taken for two weeks now, my nail was so soft and bendy and break easiky, its now rock hard! i tried bending a few times and nails stay still, they grow so much quicker too! my skin shows slower improvement. i mostly use devices, very lazy with skincare but it does feel plummer very subtly though.
ic

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Does anyone have the Ziip Halo? I currently only have the Current Body red light mask but looking to add more tools into my routine and wanted to see if it’s worth the money.

Going to have a scroll back in the thread too, to see if there are any thoughts about this device already. Thank you 🤍

ChattyMammy

Chatty Member
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but does anyone know if you can get Botox and laser hair removal whilst breastfeeding?! Google is really vague on both, I always thought Botox was a definite no but someone I know had it done whilst feeding and said their practitioner said it was fine it’s just pregnancy you can’t have it done?

Traazers

VIP Member
I didn't see a great deal of difference when I got a skin booster (it was toskani tkn ha3). Profhilo is meant to be good but it's expensive.

I'm going to get tear trough filler next month. I've decided I need the big guns!
oooh interested to hear how you find it, I've been considering it for a long while

D2them

I think you're right Aude, there's a tendency on these kind of groups to go along with what the 'leader' thinks so if Nadine declares at home devices to be a scam, a lot of them will also take that view. It's the same on the Hirons group, although a million times more extreme

The Nuface has been the single best thing I've ever invested in for my skin
Agree re nuface, just a shame mine keep breaking! I'm on my 4th Mini now...maybe I'm not taking good care of them. They work so well when used consistently and I'm determined to keep it up. After two weeks my cheeks feel plumper and my eyes less droopy 🙌🏻

Can anyone recommend a gadget for clearing up skin? I’ve had so many big red spots come up on my chin and around my mouth this year because I cannot stop picking at the lumps and bumps that appear and giving my skin a good squeeze and getting all the gunk out. I’m certain that what I’m squeezing isn’t blackheads- should I even be looking at gadgets?
I really like those spot sticker things, I’ve used various types, mostly from Amazon. Never the ‘famous’ cosrx ones though. I also really like niacinamide and salicylic acid to help with blemishes and a weekly clay based mask . None of these are gadgets, mind you! My skin has had a freak out since I had my hormonal coil removed. I had been doing super well with my skin and now I’m back in a bit of a battle with it, but these things are helping!