Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dinosaursideways

One thing I have just started doing is putting all my serums on first and then going under - they tell you to have bare skin, however, the doctor at a skin clinic I go to (who uses it on clients) said to give it a whirl as it helps the products penetrate better. I've had no reaction so far and I have rosacea/sensitive skin.

I quite like lying under it for 30 minutes as I stick on a podcast and relax.
That's really interesting to hear!! I have been wondering about applying products before using it - I think currentbody do some like hydrogel masks they suggest using with their LED products. Do you stick to clear serums/products or do you also use opaque creams etc?

I do love relaxing under it too, I feel like it it really helps activate my parasympathetic nervous system.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Keikochan

VIP Member
Does anyone use an IPL for hair removal? When should I start seeing results? I know it says 8-12 weeks for full results, but I’m 6 weeks in with NONE at all - hair is still growing back just as thick, just as quick! I guess I was just hoping for SOME sort of encouraging sign by now.

I didn’t use it on its full setting the first 2 weeks as I was a bit scared of it, but 4 weeks of proper use and nothing has changed? I use it twice per week as advised and really take my time with it to cover the area properly.

I’m olive skinned with very dark hair so should be a good candidate.

Have I just bought a shit product? It was the Diamond Skin Pro which had good reviews. Am I just being impatient? X
Just don't give up, I didn't see results till 8 weeks and after that I had barely any growth after weeks. However with IPL it is not permanent and continued use is required although not as constant as at first & different devices have different guidelines etc. But ultimately they're all pretty much the same as in, semi permanent not fully permanent and at 8 weeks you'll see a difference if consistent use.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Oh I haven't, but it's an intriguing device. I use a Foreo Luna face cleansing brush (with the silicone etc) a few times a week for a deeper cleanse. My question would be is the face cleansing routine long enough for the LED to be effective?
I have this which has different modes, including a cleansing one with LED. You can also use it with products. I love it.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 14.22.02.png

50sGirl

VIP Member
Angie has uploaded her review after using the Nira for 5 months.
I love her reviews!
Has anyone else seen good results from theirs?

Rosie878

VIP Member
oooh interested to hear how you find it, I've been considering it for a long while
Same here!
so I had it done on Wednesday. She's booked me in on 14th for a top-up as she wanted to fill quite conservatively and see where it settles. I'm pretty pleased so far, the first few days I was slightly swollen which made them look a bit worse but not hugely noticeable. One side is still a little swollen so will update when I've had the top-up and let you know what happens.

Im really glad she does it in two appointments as I think if this had been it I'd be disappointed so def book in with someone who does that.

I had a vein under my eye which was becoming quite prominent and you can't see it at all now.

She used cannula technique. I was quite nervous but it was completely painless and I've had 0 bruising.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Can I ask how long roughly it takes you to do an area, eg. Full legs or lower legs if you only do that?

I never got on with the lumea as i don't have the patience for it and also with lumea you're meant to do it once every two weeks, not every week so the whole process takes longer.
I just stick an episode of something on - legs are the longest as you need to let it cool down - about 30 mins with cooling time? Minutes with other areas.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
The Odacite cryo tech facial tool is my jam. It’s a guasha with a stone that absorbs & holds cold temps. When it arrived the tool was very cold but the box and all of the packaging were room temperature 👀 🧙‍♀️ You’re meant to dip it in a glass of ice water for 10 seconds and then go to work.

I’m holding onto my last cubes of ice for an iced coffee later but the massage with just the cold from whatever chilly clime it traveled through was nice.
I have to have this!❤❤

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I've had it about 5 years. I'll be honest and say I'm very inconsistent with it as it's pretty dull to use. The NuFace I actually look forward to but the body one I find a total bore and so I find it hard to be consistent. If you get it and use it consistently it will probably take about 2 months before you see a difference, it's not like the NuFace where you can see the results straightaway

Maybe some other users might have other opinions to share

AlwaysSummer

Has anyone here used one of the Radio Frequency at-home devices like a Tripollar? I've had a Nuface Mini for 3 or so years now, and have been considering upgrading to a ZIIP Halo because I do find I notice a different with regular use of a microcurrent device (lifted appearance etc). But then was wondering whether I should look into RF instead. The Tripollar devices are particularly expensive though. Maybe I'm better off looking for a RF treatment in a clinic pre big events etc.
I have been using the current body RF device since last summer and I feel it works really well on fine lines. Was getting a little fed up with the cross look my 11s lines were giving me esp on Teams calls 😂 I combine it with the FaceGym pro micro current device. I would say RF takes a few sessions to star seeing results and I feel it’s doing a good job at the mo, hopefully delaying the time I might consider injectables.

The only niggle I have with the current body device is that it’s wired which is a little annoying for an hour session once a week. More recently I’ve invested in the Silk’ Face Tite Revive with combines RF, IR and LED and can be used wireless. If you shop around you can find it for £150.

• Heart

Olivia28

Has anyone has any successful experience using IPL in-salon treatments or at hope laser light therapy etc for rosacea?

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
I’m sure this has been asked before but alternatives to the Dyson air wrap? It’s no good for my hair didnt hold style but works lovely on my step daughters. My hair is long and fine but a lot of it and I’m struggling with styling it at the moment. I used to be able to do nice curls/waves just with straighteners when it was shorter but it’s a bit too long now don’t really want it short again though. Is the Shark one any good or would I be better off with just a thick barrel tong thingy?
Would also love to know this. Would love a Dyson but not willing to pay for it!

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
See my step daughters is thicker and it’s great on hers still after a few days. I tried so many things too different products but just wouldn’t hold, I think I need more heat perhaps.

I was just looking at the GHD soft curl tong I was never a fan of their straightener but I like the results on some of the TikTok tutorials.
I’ve used the soft curl tong for years and I love it, I have lots of fine hair, waist length, and the curl holds really well

• Heart

Rosie878

VIP Member
Anyone tried Polynucleotide injections...its called Ameela eyes in my clinic?
I can’t decide whether I want this, tear trough filler or under eye Botox (where they inject microdroplets of Botox in your under eye area)

Its_Me

VIP Member
I’m sure this has been asked before but alternatives to the Dyson air wrap? It’s no good for my hair didnt hold style but works lovely on my step daughters. My hair is long and fine but a lot of it and I’m struggling with styling it at the moment. I used to be able to do nice curls/waves just with straighteners when it was shorter but it’s a bit too long now don’t really want it short again though. Is the Shark one any good or would I be better off with just a thick barrel tong thingy?

Aude

VIP Member
I went back to see if I had gotten a similar email. I didn't. I'll be away for the holidays so I'll leave it until the new year to try and purchase it again. Or maybe I should take this as a sign to use consistently the devices I already have before purchasing new ones. Hehehe.
I looked at the other model and advertised delivery isn't until end December.

I also looked around at other reviews of the Nira generally and they're pretty mixed - some positive but some saying it made no difference. So I'm feeling a bit indifferent about it now. If it arrives I will use it but I will return it - using their 60 day return policy - if it doesn't make a worthwhile difference.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I haven’t used RF but honestly couldn’t see any difference in their promotional material. That put me off a lot.
Yeah, and tbh even if there are results in the promotional material for a device I do take it with a grain of salt! I far prefer real people reviews!
---
I have been using the current body RF device since last summer and I feel it works really well on fine lines. Was getting a little fed up with the cross look my 11s lines were giving me esp on Teams calls 😂 I combine it with the FaceGym pro micro current device. I would say RF takes a few sessions to star seeing results and I feel it’s doing a good job at the mo, hopefully delaying the time I might consider injectables.

The only niggle I have with the current body device is that it’s wired which is a little annoying for an hour session once a week. More recently I’ve invested in the Silk’ Face Tite Revive with combines RF, IR and LED and can be used wireless. If you shop around you can find it for £150.
Oh I didn't realise CB made one! I shall have a look at it and that Silk Face one. Thank you! Yeah I do love a cordless device - I like to use my devices on the sofa 😂

• Heart