Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Roisin Dubh

VIP Member
A therapist told me to go to someone who advertises as providing treatment for the trans community, as they will be fast and good because they’re used to sessions where there’s a lot of hairs to remove. It hadn’t occurred to me, but it makes sense
If the practitioner advertises that they remove more than hair via electrolysis(like skin tags etc) then they would be advanced electrolysis practitioners, so would prob be a safe bet. The lady I attended was v experienced and you could tell right away that she knew exactly what she was doing! Very quick and relatively painless(for eyebrows, lol)

Reactions: 1

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
That's really interesting to hear!! I have been wondering about applying products before using it - I think currentbody do some like hydrogel masks they suggest using with their LED products. Do you stick to clear serums/products or do you also use opaque creams etc?

I do love relaxing under it too, I feel like it it really helps activate my parasympathetic nervous system.
Agree on BIB!

My current routine is cleanse, Estee Lauder Re-Nutiriv Ultimate Lift Regenerating Lotion, generous splashing/slapping on of the cosrx galactomyces 95 tone balancing essence, Vinoperfect Radiance Serum then either Sachi Triphala Pigment corrector or Estee Lauder Advanced night repair. I've not used a cream but as I tend to do it in the morning, once I've used my Flex I then slather on the factor 50.

I think it would be really lovely with just a simple deep hydrating serum. I know my layers are a bit wild, I'm just so paranoid about my pigmentation.

Last edited:

Traazers

VIP Member
Hair related question if I may. I have naturally curly hair and am thinking about getting a Dyson hairdryer. However I've just come across the cloud nine airshot which looks good. Does anyone have any experience of either product and if so do you recommend one over the other?
I have the Dyson and use the diffuser semi regularly (I prefer the finish of air drying personally unless I’m in a rush) but find the comb attachment great for straightening while drying if that’s something you’d use it for. You can almost slot the comb into a brush at the root and pull down and it stays in the brush so the tension is kept high through the whole pass

Mamacita

VIP Member
I have the smoothskin bare+ and it’s fab! I did the course last year, then that saw me most of the way through winter with a few top ups. I just stated again for summer and it’s been ten days since my top up treatment and I have about 5 hairs on each leg that look about a day’s growth. Bikini, barely worth taking a razor to again, but underarms do have about what looks like 2ish normal days growth. Would 100% recommend. I am pale with dark body hair though!
Can I ask how long roughly it takes you to do an area, eg. Full legs or lower legs if you only do that?

I never got on with the lumea as i don't have the patience for it and also with lumea you're meant to do it once every two weeks, not every week so the whole process takes longer.

Rosie878

VIP Member
I’m interested in microneedling what’s the thoughts on numbing cream?
I would have thought it was standard?!

This place charges extra for numbing cream?! 15€ extra
I don’t have numbing cream. Perhaps it depends on the pen they use and depth of needle. I don’t find it painful although makes me sneeze when done on my forehead 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha

Ccc8

@lucylucyapplejuicy I have both the Current Body face and neck LED masks and they are easy to fit the time in. I think I need to do a bit more reading about it, watching out for a discount and maybe just laying around for 30 mins 3 times a week to make sure a have the time!

• Haha

SoRelatable

I haven't received it nor have I had the order cancelled.

After reading your post I went back through my email to see when it was supposed to have been delivered (I had a vague memory of it being a more than usually long delivery time). I found an email from CurrentBody the day after I'd ordered it saying there was 'a stock delay' and they'd be getting stock on 18 December and would ship it then. I hadn't read the email at the time - assumed it was just confirming the order. Maybe that 'delay' email is a prelude to cancelling my order altogether?

I'm thinking now about getting the other model. I did at the time hesitate between the two.
I went back to see if I had gotten a similar email. I didn't. I'll be away for the holidays so I'll leave it until the new year to try and purchase it again. Or maybe I should take this as a sign to use consistently the devices I already have before purchasing new ones. Hehehe.

• Haha
I really wish I'd got a trinity instead of my first mini purely for that attachment
I got a mini and then got a trinity so I use them at the same time. The beeps are different speeds though so after the first set I swap sides in case one side has had the microcurrent for longer!

I had this done about five years ago (not at Dr Newman, but a local aesthetics clinic, carried out by a doctor) and I wouldn’t have it again.

Yes, new thread veins did appear (that’s to be expected), my main issue is that my face scabbed up where the needle had been into my skinand took ten days to clear. I wasn’t warned about this beforehand and I had a job involving lots of client meetings at the time, so the ten days afterwards was horrible to get through, as there’s nothing makeup can do to cover it.
Last year I had veins treated using nd:yag laser and it was much better. The doctor was very good at explaining what to expect and managing my expectations re: results and I will go back for another treatment in a few weeks time.
Hope that information is useful ❤
Thank you, that’s very helpful

curiouserandcuriouser2022

Anyone seen the FOREO Peach 2? Just got a target Cult Beauty ad with it. Looks like their laser hair removal device.
---
There must’ve been a Peach 1 too but I don’t remember it 😅
I’ve only seen the Peach2 on the web store through the Foreo App. I’m so tempted, but my hair is fair and it says that it’s not as effective” for blond hair. I’d love to know if it is partially effective…any reduction in hair would be good! I’d love to know if anyone has tried it! I can’t recall there ever being a Peach 1 btw!!!

Aude

VIP Member
Yes. One of the pros of my current led mask is that’s it’s only 10 mins. But I have an autoimmune disease of which chronic fatigue is one of my symptoms so I’m pretty good at lying down 😂
Not sure whether :ROFLMAO: or :( is the right response. Let us know how you get on with it.

I'm having my second Morpheus 8 treatment tomorrow. Was impressed by the first treatment - 4 weeks ago - but will report back more fully after the second.

• Heart

kelly123

VIP Member
Haven't tried it - but interested. CurrentBody had a previous LED hand mask which was like a large glove. This looks better because you can treat both hands at the same time.
I think I’ll have to take one for the team 😂

• Haha
I think the branded gels and serums are a bit of a con tbh. In a real pinch you could just use standard medical conductive gel (although you'd want to wipe it off!) but aloe vera gel mixed with a cheap and cheerful HA serum works fine, and a few people I know use this:

7E Wellness ReStore Conductive Gel with Bio-Active Complex - 4oz - Facial Skin Care Products with Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, and Collagen Peptides - Anti Aging and Skin Tightening https://amzn.eu/d/fjE9os3
As long as neither of them contain oil. If they do, they will just block the current.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I tried to use aloe vera gel once and my face reacted instantly. Never again. For a time I tried an Avene serum with an Avene spray after seeing it recommended on a blog but for me that only worked with the Foreo bear, not so much the Nuface. So I just stick with the Nuface gel

I could do with a wee pick me up. I’m quite stressed at the moment and it is showing on my skin. I’m wondering about a facial or… something. Microneedling? Something a wee bit more than a facial that isn’t too invasive? I’m not sure.

I have combination skin that I’m currently struggling to control after having my hormonal coil removed and generally being stressed out my box. I could just do with a a bit of pampering I think. Anyone have any ideas?

• Heart