Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MinnnieMouse

Yeah the gels/consumables for microcurrent devices really do increase the cost per use.
I think @SqualorVictoria and some others might've tried aloe gel? and I seem to remember someone else has used ultrasound gel? Just a vague memory from a discussion in a previous thread.
I use ultrasound gel - it isn't at all irritating and it does the job. I have used Aloe Vera in the past but it can feel drying on my skin. My fave is the NuFace gel tbh but I'd rather spend that cash elsewhere. I used to use my NuFace religiously but it has been gathering dust with all my other devices for ages!

Reactions: 2

Slaybutter

VIP Member
I've had the Foreo Luna 3 sensitive for years and have only ever really used the cleanser function. Last night I decided to use the massage function, the programme I selected was a 4 minute contour. I could swear it made an instant difference. I've now set myself a challenge of doing a massage every night for 30 days
Omg it’s been 2 days since I could breath through my nose but this sorted me out so nicely 😊 I did three different massages — the face contour, eye contour, and mouth.

• Heart

Slaybutter

VIP Member
Reposting this comment from another thread:

FaceGym has 20% off on their site. Supposedly there’s an extra 15% off for signing up which I did but I’ve yet to receive the code. This is a long shot, but does anyone here happen to know what it is?

I know, it's one of the reasons I think it's easier to DIY it by using aloe vera gel or even medical conductive gel as a base, you know exactly what's in it and you can use all of the ingredients in the branded versions but apply it far more liberally to ensure maximum efficacy of the device.
I've used aloe gel before because I know that's OK. The conductor gel I used seemed to give off menthol fumes that irritated my eyes so I stuck with aloe.

• Wow

mee43

VIP Member
Can I ask a potentially silly question please? Are LED masks aimed at line reducing rather than skin firming?
I’m looking for a good firming device rather than splurging on salon treatments. I had a gadget ages ago but found it time consuming and not very effective, and quickly got bored with it.
If the masks do the same thing, I’d be tempted to try one, since they seem easier to use.
Sorry to ask on here, I’ve read the PR blurb on many of these things and it’s just left me confused!

SoRelatable

The Nira arrived today. Surprisingly. Only got a notification that it had been shipped yesterday. Will report back.
Glad it got there in the end. I'm still quite curious about it. Thank you and I hope it lives up to the expectations.

That's interesting - thanks! I absolutely loved mine but I do keep eyeing up the LED masks. At the moment I have 3 very small kids and have roughly 2.5 minutes to myself in a day so the UFO is just about all I have time for :ROFLMAO:
Then the ufo sounds a really good buy for you at the moment.unless you can really splash out in the DDG led mask as that only takes 3 mins a day. Bonus that it terrifies the.children so they stay away from you whilst you use it😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Checking in here as my new years resolution is going to be to actually use my nuface(s) and led masks every day! gonna start in the break between christmas and new year

oh I've also just emailed dermatica for a re-consultation!
I think I'll join you in that one. It would be good to get back into them as I really can tell a difference when I use them regularly

kelly123

VIP Member
Good evening 😊

I’m so tempted by this for my old lady hands 😭 has anyone tried it?

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Very honoured to have my summary in the first post (though I've spotted a spelling mistake, oops! I'm sure everyone knows I meant muscles not mucles. 😅 )
Noooooo sorry! I went over it all to fix links etc and add bits in lol 😂 I remember you did a great roundup and we said we should have it pinned for any newbies wandering over

Aude

VIP Member
Angie has uploaded her review after using the Nira for 5 months.
I love her reviews!
Has anyone else seen good results from theirs?

It's a glowing review from Angie and there are other positive reviews in the comments on her video. I've been using mine for around 40 days, so too early to see results but I agree with her that it's very quick and easy to use.

SunshineRae

VIP Member
If you don't want to leave oil on your skin you could use it with a cleansing oil, which will then get washed off before the rest of your routine?

I use mine with a face oil in bed, a while after my serum and moisturiser have sunk in.
I do it at night with an oil, but I wash the oil off and then apply the rest of my skincare routine 🙂 usually do the massage whilst watching Netflix or something. If I use too many oils I find my skin breaks out but doing it this way moisturises it nicely. Am def not an expert though - just stumbled into something that works for me
Thank you both! Think I will try the cleansing oil a go and then wash it off and apply my creams. I need to go to the skincare thread because I need a whole overhaul.

MinnnieMouse

Has anyone here used one of the Radio Frequency at-home devices like a Tripollar? I've had a Nuface Mini for 3 or so years now, and have been considering upgrading to a ZIIP Halo because I do find I notice a different with regular use of a microcurrent device (lifted appearance etc). But then was wondering whether I should look into RF instead. The Tripollar devices are particularly expensive though. Maybe I'm better off looking for a RF treatment in a clinic pre big events etc.
I've got a Tripollar Stop VX...I do see a difference on my jawline when I use it but I rarely do as it takes ages and you need to use their gel with (although I think current body may do their own version. It's very cheaply made imo. Edited to say if I had my time again I would probably just put the money towards a decent anti ageing treatment

Revlon one step works for me. I use it with colour wow's dream coat and it stays styled for days. I twist my hair up in a very loose bun over night to stop it getting kinks

Pavlova&Cream

Goodness. Can I ask what motivated you? I’ve realised that my way of dealing with visible ageing is to plan major interventions at some unspecified point in the future, which I probably will never do. Fantasy Facelift.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I had the Currentbody Face and neck one for years and loved it. Upgraded to the Dermalux Flex. I would never be without my LED.
I just got a current body face one for Christmas and I’m starting to use it every other day. What were the main changes you noticed with it please?