Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smellycat18

Has anyone tried electrolysis? I was talking to a friend about laser/IPL/Alexandrite/NDYAG, and decided to look up electrolysis. The prices seemed pretty reasonable, and I wondered why I'd never looked at it before, especially as it is actually permanent, unlike laser hair removal.
I am currently having it for the hairs on my chinny chin chin & it’s been effective so far. I find that I can tolerate the blended (galvanic current) much better than just the heat - I find that too intense.

The place I go to has really thorough training for their staff.

I wouldn’t have it done on a large area though - it would take too long, be too painful and expensive.

Reactions: 2

LennonRoad

VIP Member
Omg I’ve been eyeing it up for ages 😂
I don’t have any LED masks and was gonna spring g for the current body but now I’m like I could put my money towards the Lyma🤓
Sofia Richie has me sold over on TikTok I’m very easily led- if only I was richer😂

SoRelatable

@SoRelatable you asked on the last thread if anyone had any experience of the Nira device. Did you get one?

I didn't know anything about Nira at the time you posted but have now ordered one (not yet arrived) following a pretty glowing review by Angie HotandFlashy. Will report back.
I had been considering it for awhile and funny enough, to the surprise of no one on this thread, it was Angie's review that pushed me over the edge. Hehehehe.

It hasn't arrived yet. I ordered it (the smaller one as it fits my needs better) from CurrentBody so it shouldn't take too long. I'll keep you posted.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
On the Nadine Baggott Facebook group there's been a few posts about Nuface and the commentary has been mostly negative. This is so surprising to me

• Sad
  • Wow

rosemarina

VIP Member
Right, I’ve talked myself off the ledge now, sorry about that 😂. I’ve made an appointment for a consultation in early Feb (the first date I could get). I’ll report back if I hear anything hopeful.

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Thank you!! That's not as much difference as I thought. I might try see if I can manage using my current device consistently. I actually don't know how long it takes to do legs even as I don't think I've ever done full legs 🤣
I know, it was so hard to be bothered with it at first as I didn’t see results as soon as I’d liked. Surprise surprise, as soon as I committed to consistency it was amazing lol

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Anyone bought an LED lamp instead of the mask?
From memory @Brian Butterfield has? I’m actually considering it, I have the lamp with my facials and top up with my mask at home and it’s amazing the difference!
---
Thank you this gets 45€ off for me! So €296
Should I go for it or wait for better? I love a good deal!
I love my current body one, it gets daily use on my face and I use it for my hands also. Game changer. I’ve had it about 3 years.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
@50sGirl there's a pillow I'm going to get at some stage called the sleep glow pillow, the way it's shaped means that you don't smush your face into the pillow if you're a side sleeper (like me). I tried sleeping on my front but it's not going to happen as it makes me snore.
---

It's this one!

MinnnieMouse

Has anyone ever had Botox for under eye fine lines? I’ve had it in my forehead and absolutely love it. I don’t have a problem with crows feet it’s more fine lines under my eye/tops of my cheeks which I feel age me when I smile. I’m 29F for info. Would love to hear others experience
It sounds obvious, but being well hydrated makes a difference to those fine lines on me.

For the truth

Yes it’s really a face and neck lift at the same time. So the skin is pulled back and up from the neck area with the stitching mostly behind the ears. So i had lost my jawline a bit and that area has been much improved by the surgery.

Ccc8

Thank you everyone and it's an interesting point around what else do we do and does it make a difference. And that's without discussing what if we did nothing at all!

SoRelatable

@Aude Thank you so much for the update. That's a bit disappointing, isn it? I hope you do get it soon.

I'm still likely to purchase it once I'm back home, if available... Unless some other shiny new toy appears on the market. Hehehe.

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I’m sure this has been asked before but alternatives to the Dyson air wrap? It’s no good for my hair didnt hold style but works lovely on my step daughters. My hair is long and fine but a lot of it and I’m struggling with styling it at the moment. I used to be able to do nice curls/waves just with straighteners when it was shorter but it’s a bit too long now don’t really want it short again though. Is the Shark one any good or would I be better off with just a thick barrel tong thingy?
My hair is different to yours (long and a lot but thick) and I had an airwrap which did nothing for it expect make it pretty for about 30 minutes before it all dropped out. I tried loads of different things in terms of products and prepping it as I was determined to make it work. I have some friends who have it and it works really well on their hair. I've not tried the Shark but I would imagine it is the same thing.

The best thing for me is a curling wand which cost about £30. Lasts for days and the style of the curls are actually nicer than the dyson.