Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lililyly

Great post! Which collagen powder do you use?
Thank you! When I was 28 I used an Asian brand (marine one) now I’m also using the marine one too (ancient and brave)- it’s more expensive than bovine but it worked at 28 so I stick with it.

Collagens need 6-8 weeks to show improvement so don’t get disheartened if nothing shows initially. You could get a few breakouts at the beginning too I think it’s the toxin leaving your body!

i could be talking rubbish about toxin etc, but one thing i know for sure is collagen does work. i have taken for two weeks now, my nail was so soft and bendy and break easiky, its now rock hard! i tried bending a few times and nails stay still, they grow so much quicker too! my skin shows slower improvement. i mostly use devices, very lazy with skincare but it does feel plummer very subtly though.

Reactions: 2

jgcbfhv

This is slightly off-topic but I would really appreciate any opinions! I am in my final year at university and I’m currently writing my dissertation. For my topic I have chosen to research the impact of User Generated Content in the Beauty Industry and how it influences people opinions on brands. If you have a spare few minutes to fill it out I would really appreciate it.
Thank you 🤍🤍

strathbusiness.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_71XIAeGXkM0vhPM

For the truth

I saw two consultants in Scotland but was drawn to London and probably right or wrong impressed with the v public work like with Kay Burley. Neither of the Scottish consultants recommended deep plane they felt usual face lift would give me a result. Yes agree the 7 years seemed plucked out of the air but (I’m two months on) and I’d say he’s not far away on that.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I also have a Lumea and love it, I have gotten lazy with it though and it does need to be maintained. But I'm now motivated to start it again

• Heart
Ive had electrolysis on my eyebrows. Absolutely fantastic. But i had it done by somebody very experienced. No hair has grown back and the cost was v reasonable. Id absolutely recommend it as a hair removal option but do think its better to find an experienced therapist to do it.
A therapist told me to go to someone who advertises as providing treatment for the trans community, as they will be fast and good because they’re used to sessions where there’s a lot of hairs to remove. It hadn’t occurred to me, but it makes sense

mindlessness

VIP Member
I do notice a different when I am regularly using my LED mask (I have the Dr Denis Gross one, used to have a Current Body, changed because I love that the Gross one only takes 3 mins). If I was recommending devices to a friend an LED mask would be at the top of the list (followed by a Nuface or similar microcurrent device).

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Does anyone have the curren body smooth skin pure IPL device? I have an old Philips lumea that I never properly used as it takes so long wondering if the newer devices take a lot less time to treat body parts
I have the smoothskin bare+ and it’s fab! I did the course last year, then that saw me most of the way through winter with a few top ups. I just stated again for summer and it’s been ten days since my top up treatment and I have about 5 hairs on each leg that look about a day’s growth. Bikini, barely worth taking a razor to again, but underarms do have about what looks like 2ish normal days growth. Would 100% recommend. I am pale with dark body hair though!

Traazers

VIP Member
I finally got round to starting my routine again last night. Did the regular nuface routine (with holds) then 10 mins with my face LED and 2x 3 mins with my eye one. I couldn't be bothered to charge the neck one and the PJs I had on would've made it difficult. I'm always surprised by how little time it actually takes when I restart! It's made easier by the fact I bought a second nuface mini so I can do both sides at once.
Just need to try and keep in the habit. I've downloaded an app called habitbull where you can put in up to 5 things you want to do and how often you need to do them in a week to "pass". I've got my nuface, led and lilash on there.

What's everyone's thoughts on the nuface fix? I've had one for as long as I've had my first mini but I've barely used it - is it worth it or not worth including?

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I think the branded gels and serums are a bit of a con tbh. In a real pinch you could just use standard medical conductive gel (although you'd want to wipe it off!) but aloe vera gel mixed with a cheap and cheerful HA serum works fine, and a few people I know use this:

7E Wellness ReStore Conductive Gel with Bio-Active Complex - 4oz - Facial Skin Care Products with Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, and Collagen Peptides - Anti Aging and Skin Tightening https://amzn.eu/d/fjE9os3
Thank you for this suggestion! I got it for use with my bear body and I think it will be perfect for that. It smells lovely and fresh but I think it’s a bit too perfumed for use on my face. I’ll report back when I’ve used it

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
I like the look of that device a lot. Will be interested to know how you get on with it.

Did you go for the Pro or the smaller one?
I got the smaller one because I'm thinking of it particularly for use on my upper lip rather than on larger areas.

D2them

Thank you this gets 45€ off for me! So €296
Should I go for it or wait for better? I love a good deal!
Current Body is always doing deals. Sign up to their mailing list and see what comes through.

ETA I have the No.7 LED mask which is a fraction of the price and I'm very happy with it (when I remember to use it!)

Aude

VIP Member
Good evening 😊

I’m so tempted by this for my old lady hands 😭 has anyone tried it?
Haven't tried it - but interested. CurrentBody had a previous LED hand mask which was like a large glove. This looks better because you can treat both hands at the same time.

curiouserandcuriouser2022

Remember the Reduit Boost that some of us bought on Kickstarter?! I’ve decided to keep it in my car and use it to apply hand cream during my daily commutes!!

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Oh yeah, def don’t massage the grime in 😂 a bit counterproductive in a skincare regimen. You should wash your face first 100%. The main thing aside from that is it has to be able to glide without snagging/pulling
Haha thought I should clarify just in case 😂 yeah sometimes I don’t add a “slippy” layer in so find it works well and saves time juggling an “after” step after everything has sunk in

AlwaysSummer

Which gel do you guys use with your nuface mini or other micro current devices? The nuface device is £££ so looking for something cheaper. I know Trinny Woodall uses something else from Amazon but no idea what it is!
I use the FaceGym Pro with its matching gel and the large bottle last for a few months of regular use (3-4 times a week). When I used the Nuface I found the match gel non-irritating to my eyes compared to cheaper gel substitutes. I react to aloe vera in skincare so a no-go.

givemethenight

Ooh I've never heard of smooth eye. What was the downtime for this treatment?
Co2 laser is meant to be good but bit of recovery time involved.
I think microdroplets of Botox administered under eye has a tightening effect but it seems to be a challenging area to treat.
It’s this - https://www.fotona.com/en/treatments/6024/smootheye-r/

There is a bit of downtime - you will have your skin shedding/flaking for a few days! I usually get mine done after work on a Thursday, on Friday it’s a little swollen but no shedding yet so it’s ok to go to work. Then Sat & Sun are the worst shedding days so don’t make any plans that weekend! Then by Monday, you’ll still have a bit of shedding but it’s loads better and you can go back into work!

I had 4 treatments 1 month apart, then now go once every 4 or 5 months for a top up.

I can’t say how much of a difference this has made on its own as I had the filler too, but it’s all definitely improved so I’m scared to stop it now 🤣

• Heart