Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the current body face mask and neck and dec mask. They are the 10min red and infrared lights. I also have a nuface trinity and mini so halves the time for a treatment when you can do both sides of your face at a time. I saw on YouTube that using a rooibos or green tea serum can increase effectiveness of light therapy so I've just started using one with it. I'm 50 and I think the biggest difference has been with my neck. That's looking much smoother. Also the mask drastically reduces the permanent redness from rosacea so happy to continue with it all. I've just added facial massage to my night time routine and my skin is loving that too

Reactions: 9
The Mini one is absolutely tiny! I'd say go for the Bear for the intensity though to be fair I haven't used the Mini. The Bear is still small enough to be used on areas like the upper lip so I wouldn't see the advantage of going for the much smaller and less strong version
thank you!! watching demos i wasn't quite sure why the mini was being pushed so much bc the bear isn't exactly huge. i'm kind of tempted to order the magnitone lift off while it's on sale on LF to see if we like the tech and still get the bear for mum's bday. i've been on anithistamines and my face is still quite puffy (have a moon face / hamster cheeks anyway but i can definitely tell) so i'd keep the magnitone and find use for it moving out anyway!

Reactions: 1
Have only found the thread, promise I'll read it.
But what do I need, is there a gadget out there that can save my face.

Reactions: 7
Hi all, at the moment Aldi (in Ireland) are selling an LED face mask (brand name Solas) for €59.99. Has anyone any experience of this item please? It’s obviously miles cheaper than the other brands! Meanwhile, I’m so delighted to have purchased the UFO2 on Black Friday. Thanks very much for the recommendation!

Reactions: 6
the foreo bear is on qvc tomorrow (i think) at a reduced price and on 3 payments so will probs be ordering that for mum's birthday! thanks again for all the opinions and advice the other week <33

Reactions: 5
Hi all, at the moment Aldi (in Ireland) are selling an LED face mask (brand name Solas) for €59.99. Has anyone any experience of this item please? It’s obviously miles cheaper than the other brands! Meanwhile, I’m so delighted to have purchased the UFO2 on Black Friday. Thanks very much for the recommendation!
Following with interest the LED mask

I haven't used it but could you check the specs (irradiance etc) and compare it to the features in this excellent link?

The post says:

If you come across a mask that you are curious about, I recommend identifying the wavelengths used, the irradiance and the treatment time. Then you can compare those specs with this list to see how it stacks up.

Reactions: 4
Thanks so much @SqualorVictoria !
I did indeed check the specs of the Aldi LED mask against that excellent goals - to - get - glowing online article. I’ve attached a photo of the Aldi face mask specs for anybody who is interested! However, after reading the Aldi mask instruction manual and the never ending list of disclaimers and warnings I got nervous about potentially using something that could cause eye/skin damage. My face is my fortune after all (lol!). Aldi gave me a full refund without quibble. The mask was far “floppier” than I expected and I think I might be better off waiting and spending more money on a known brand. The photographs of other LED masks I’ve seen online look like they are more substantial in quality (however it is hard to judge from a photo!). The texture of the Aldi mask reminded me of those old fashioned puffy swimming hats (minus the quilting!). If I have inadvertently let a bargain slip through my fingers I’m open to feedback and will run back to re-purchase it! So, to congratulate myself on being so wise I went and ordered a Foreo bear mini to complement my new Foreo bear! My biggest skincare worry at the moment is how to fit in my Environ micro needling routine followed by Environ AVST 5 with all these great gadgets! Have a good weekend all!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sounds like a wise move! Best to save up and get one with good reviews

I'm testing out the Avene serum and spray as a replacement for conductivity gel on my Bear (info in the link below). Used it today and my skin feels good. And best of all, no need to rinse off!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That sounds good! Do you think it would work with the NuFace?

Have you tried the Ziip Crystal Gel, by any chance? Her review of it looks good (but it’s expensive).

i ended up ordering it! mum's been shopping there for like 20+ years so i do trust them - free p&p but you have to pay for returns. i'd say worth it for over £150 saving though!
I’m like your mum shopped with them for years. More savvy now hence asking rather than assuming Q offers value. It varies. 60 day mbg is tempting. If I order just need to get my arse into gear and use regularly!

I'm testing out the Avene serum and spray as a replacement for conductivity gel on my Bear (info in the link below). Used it today and my skin feels good. And best of all, no need to rinse off!

Thanks for the useful link. With my Nuface Mini yesterday I used some Clinique Moisture Surge I had lying around with LRP water spray and it worked well.

I normally use an aloe vera gel - or, occasionally, the Nuface gel - and this was less sticky and easier to remove. I always remove the conductive gel because I use the Nuface at night and want clean skin for my Tretinoin, but using a hydrating serum like this would seem to be a good option for people who use their microcurrent device in the morning.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
That sounds good! Do you think it would work with the NuFace?

Have you tried the Ziip Crystal Gel, by any chance? Her review of it looks good (but it’s expensive).
Yeah for sure, I just haven't used it with the Nuface as yet but I will!

As for the Ziip gel, I clicked on the link and nearly fainted at the price. Absolutely no chance will I be trying that

Reactions: 4
Has anyone tried / know much about morpheus8 treatment?
I haven't tried it but it seems to be the go-to laser/RF treatment these days.

It got a lot of good publicity a couple of years ago - you probably know - when Judy Murray posted impressive before and after pictures. She had, however, had several sessions plus other treatments.

I had Thermage around 10 years ago and it was so painful and the results so negligible that it's put me off having any laser/RF/ultrasound treatment again. I asked my cosmetic doctor - who offers Morpheus8 - whether the treatment is painful. He simply said 'yes'.

Thanks for the useful link. With my Nuface Mini yesterday I used some Clinique Moisture Surge I had lying around with LRP water spray and it worked well.

I normally use an aloe vera gel - or, occasionally, the Nuface gel - and this was less sticky and easier to remove. I always remove the conductive gel because I use the Nuface at night and want clean skin for my Tretinoin, but using a hydrating serum like this would seem to be a good option for people who use their microcurrent device in the morning.
Glad it worked well! I was sceptical when I first read about it but was happy with how it turned out. Also even if you're rinsing off before tret you're probably still getting benefits of the serum and spray. What she said about the microcurrent pushing ingredients into the skin really made me think. I had never thought of it like that before

Glad it worked well! I was sceptical when I first read about it but was happy with how it turned out. Also even if you're rinsing off before tret you're probably still getting benefits of the serum and spray. What she said about the microcurrent pushing ingredients into the skin really made me think. I had never thought of it like that before
The more I learn about microcurrent - or, the more that is known about the benefits of microcurrent - the more impressive it seems as a cosmetic device. All I'd heard at first was that it acted on the muscles to give a slight lift, then I learned that it delivered energy into the skin promoting collagen production - now, maybe it also pushes ingredients into the skin. Can't say I've got any scientific evidence for any of this but my skin/face is looking good.

Reactions: 7
Yeah for sure, I just haven't used it with the Nuface as yet but I will!
I think I'll give it a whirl too.

As for the Ziip gel, I clicked on the link and nearly fainted at the price. Absolutely no chance will I be trying that
I know, right! I might want a Ziip actually. I don't want to buy duplicate devices, but she says it's good for jowls and saggy eyelids (I'm so hot :ROFLMAO: ) in a way that the NuFace isn't specifically, and those are areas I'd like to target.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.