Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Walked home in the heat (damn that weight gain😡) and I had a face as red as a beetroot .

Showered, used H2 overdose and my skin drank it up , loved it !!

So tempted to do it again before bed 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Walked home in the heat (damn that weight gain😡) and I had a face as red as a beetroot .

Showered, used H2 overdose and my skin drank it up , loved it !!

So tempted to do it again before bed 😁
Did you just use it once? I find there is enough in the packet to have at least 2 goes :)

Reactions: 3
I’m feeling poorly today so I might treat myself to the Manuka Honey mask! Skin feels really tight 😖

Reactions: 5
I'm now sitting with rice water on my hair after watching a YouTube video by Dr Shereene Idris yesterday!

My Foreo sheet masks are due to arrive today

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The rice water thing is a big deal in the curly hair community. I’ve never bothered because my hair is really sensitive to protein, but I can imagine it’s amazing for the right type of hair!

I’ve neglected my skin treatments over the last week and a half, and I can really see the outcome of that in my skin today (that, and a lack of good sleep). My skin is looking a bit blotchy and dull and it felt a bit dry today. The latter is quite unusual for me, especially this time of year. I tend to have well-balanced skin in terms of never being particularly dry or particularly oily.

I’ve only been doing a very basic skin care routine and I was secretly hoping I’d see my best skin ever, because so many people report this! Nope! Turns out I get better glow and hydration from using my LED mask, UFO, facial massage tool, and active products etc regularly than I do from just washing my face & slapping on a hydrating serum & moisturiser.

Damn my high maintenance skin 😂 someone tell all the annoying women that report having totally wrinkle-free, clear and glowing skin from just washing their face with any old soap and using Nivea that they’re talking total bollocks!*

*side note but in my experience, the women who say stuff like this rarely have skin as good as they claim to (and my own mum is one of them) 👀

Fully agree! While no one needs some of the routines recommended by the likes of Hirons et al, it is always obvious who takes a bit more care of their skin vs who doesn't

It reminds me of when I smoked and I thought I had good skin for a smoker but it's only when I gave up I realised it's much better without

Yes! Obviously genetics play a big part and that’s a total lottery, but people who harp on about skin care lovers being consumerist sheep or fools easily parted with their money annoy me a bit.

I do think there is some truth that some skin care fanatics (hi, Hirons’ Freaks group!!) can be like that. Equally though, especially in recent years, a lot of us do a lot of research and understand the basics of ingredients and don’t fall for bullshit claims. I don’t expect any product to stop me ageing, for example, but I do expect a retinol-based product to help increase the cell turnover of my skin and therefore if used properly, I will hopefully see plumper, more glowing skin and a possible reduction in fine lines (over time).

I obviously am quite defensive about this but skin care, hair care & body care is my thing. It’s what I enjoy! Can’t be doing with the holier than thou types when it comes to beauty.

• Heart
I love a rice water treatment! Remember to get some deep conditioner in too, in case you are protein sensitive ☺

• Heart
It's my thing and my hobby too and I hate when people try to make me feel like a slave to the patriarchy or something because I like putting an effort into my appearance

I love a rice water treatment! Remember to get some deep conditioner in too, in case you are protein sensitive ☺
How often do you carry out the treatment?

Same here! I’ve let my NuFace slide because I’ve been so busy. Just been doing my normal skincare. I will get back on it at the weekend.

Reactions: 4
Yes! Obviously genetics play a big part and that’s a total lottery, but people who harp on about skin care lovers being consumerist sheep or fools easily parted with their money annoy me a bit.

I do think there is some truth that some skin care fanatics (hi, Hirons’ Freaks group!!) can be like that. Equally though, especially in recent years, a lot of us do a lot of research and understand the basics of ingredients and don’t fall for bullshit claims. I don’t expect any product to stop me ageing, for example, but I do expect a retinol-based product to help increase the cell turnover of my skin and therefore if used properly, I will hopefully see plumper, more glowing skin and a possible reduction in fine lines (over time).

I obviously am quite defensive about this but skin care, hair care & body care is my thing. It’s what I enjoy! Can’t be doing with the holier than thou types when it comes to beauty.
I might have said this before... I'm in my late 60s. I've always looked after my skin, including using sunscreen from my teens, and people assume I'm very much younger than I am. I have two sisters - one a year older, one a year younger - neither of whom has looked after their skin. With either sister, on different occasions, people have assumed I'm their daughter.

I know it's not just about skin - I think body shape and posture make a huge difference to how old you appear to be. And it's not about wanting to look young. For me, 'young' is just a shorthand way of describing a set of characteristics that I find attractive - plump skin, thick glossy hair, good posture etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Must report on my latest device - Hi Smile teeth whitening system. Was ‘influenced’ by Goals to Get Glowing and Hannah E on IG. $150 AUD.

Have only done one treatment but I think there’s been improvement! Definitely at least a shade lighter. Previously I’ve had my teeth whitened at the dentists every year or so but it gets bloody expensive. Hi Smile doesn’t use peroxide which appealed also as my teeth can be sensitive. It’s a 10 minute treatment and you don’t do it daily or anything (like the whitening strips which I found a pain!) The idea is after the first threatment you then only use it again as needed for special occasions.

Reactions: 6
Oh thanks for that, sounds interesting!

I got custom made trays a few years back and they worked tremendously well but I heard that the trays become redundant over time because of how teeth can move

Oh thanks for that, sounds interesting!

I got custom made trays a few years back and they worked tremendously well but I heard that the trays become redundant over time because of how teeth can move
Yeah. My trays are only about two years old and I used them a couple of weeks ago after having a few months off and I felt as though there’s been a slight shift even in that small space of time. No way am I paying for new ones though 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.