Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Luce0331

VIP Member
I don’t know what people think she would gain from ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ As mentioned on here before the country music scene is largely racist so I really don’t think she’s interested in pleasing those people?

She has plenty of fans and sells plenty of records, I genuinely think she’s just doing whatever the fuck she wants after 25+ years.

I also think it’s funny that Lana is releasing a country album this year but I’ve not seen anyone slate her

Reactions: 6

HotTea

Riiverdance making me feel some kinda way 💃🏻 NO. HANDS.

And can we talk about the bloody
OPERA
in Daughter? I’m shook. 😦

• Heart

Buildacastle

I’m praying with everything in me for a tour for this album. I NEED to see these songs live!!
It is hands down one of the best albums ever released. She always manages to outdo herself with each release but this is a whole other level.

• Heart
I'm really struggling with most of this album, but it's down to personal taste. I know that it is an incredibly accomplished record, but it's just mostly not to my own personal taste and what Beyoncé as an artist means to me. She's my up tempo, pop/rnb/house, bad bitch queen.

I'm just not a fan of mid-tempo/ballad/straight guitar and vocals stuff and this album is heavy on those things. I think I'll make my own playlist that consists of American Requiem (goddam that song is good), Spaghetii and then Ya Ya onwards.

I'll keep listening and digesting, but I think this wont cement itself into my life in the same way that self titled-Renaissance have. But I'll be absolutely thirsting for Act iii, cos Ya Ya IS GIVING.
---
I would like to add to the above that the Jolene cover is not the one. Lyrically it's giving insecure.... the man already cheated.

Reactions: 5

ls240898

VIP Member
I do get excited for the Grammys but for me (a normal person) they seem pointless. Just look at The Weeknd - he had the biggest song of the year a few years ago but he was completely snubbed by the Grammys. It says something that Beyoncé, Taylor, Adele and Kendrick didn’t perform despite being nominated for top awards imo. And Beyoncé’s reaction to becoming the most awarded act ever shows me she will never stop submitting her work. She really should’ve won over Adele for Lemonade but oh well!

Also managed to snag two more tix for Cardiff in the Beyhive TM sale this morning so thank you beyonce

• Heart

ls240898

VIP Member
I love Beyonce but this is honestly unacceptable. My vinyl arrives yesterday, sans 5 tracks and I’m annoyed. Also says the inserts would be printed images but they’re just paper. If there’s no refunds (ngl, feel like I shouldn’t have to send it back and I have to pay for it myself..) I’m going to try a chargeback as I paid on my credit card

• Angry

ls240898

VIP Member
I’m a long time Beyoncé fan and the album did take me a few listens but I really like it! The lyrics might not be as good as some of her previous albums but I feel like everyone just needs a bit of upbeat and happy music rn - which this brings

ls240898

VIP Member
Comment from under The Guardian’s Facebook post. She does actually play piano, but since when is her voice not an instrument? The main part of being a SINGER?
Her version of Jolene is pathetic, sorry, she changed the lyrics and the meaning of the original song for no reason, nobody wants her ugly ass husband ffs.
It’s not about her, it’s from the perspective of her mum. Her dad was a serial cheater

Attachments

Luce0331

VIP Member
Got up to two most wanted atm and absolutely love the Miley collab!
---
Ok so it is a foot tapper, YaYa is an absolute barnstormer, great track placement leading into too! (RD has a nice Renaissance hangover feel to it) Feels a little bit of a snooze fest in places though, and feels like we’ve heard a lot of it before (Amen especially) with just some of country production added to it. It’s a little messy and disjointed with all the minute short tracks ?! There’s a few on there that I like and would listen to again Daughter, II most wanted, Bodyguard. I just miss the feeling of being so wowed and jaw drops like I felt on Lemonade, it really should have won AOTY. I can’t see her winning it for this either, so Jay Z will have to carry on moaning about it I guess…unless he pays everyone off for her to win it 😬 7.5/8 out of 10 for effort Miss Carter! P.S I adore Dolly with every ounce of my being so to hear her was a joy, I just wanted a proper duet that would have won everything!
---

Forgot to say after a second listen to Sweet Honey Buckiin it’s bat shit crazy and I adore it, shot up my list! The use of the sample of I Fall to Pieces (known best by Patsy Cline) in is actually iconic, go off B!!
I agree it feels disjointed with the short tracks, she should have either made them full length songs or left them off the album imo

I also think the Willie Nelson, Dolly P and Linda Martell intros should’ve been made part of the actual songs rather than their own single tracks

ls240898

VIP Member
People are hating the ‘I raised that man’ line from Jolene aren’t they 😂
I don’t really think it’s that deep though, to me she’s saying he was immature and she made him to grow up? I know he was 30+ when they met but a lot of men are childish
Any thoughts?
I read a theory that it’s actually about her mum’s perspective! People are also hating the whole lyric change because Jay Z already cheated on her. Can’t a woman have fun and cover Jolene anymore x

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
This is so true. I feel like people hate artists just because they’re popular - Taylor, Beyonce, Harry Styles pop in to my head. Of course people can dislike the music I’m defo not saying everyone has to like it, but the majority of the time when someone says “Beyoncé is overrated”, you’ll ask why and they can’t really come up with an answer?
Absolutely.
I think whether someone likes Beyonce's music or not, her talent is undeniable.

Went to Edinburgh. Take back everything I've previously said. It was phenomenal!

There is definitely something going off dancing wise, she barely dances at all, but the energy and sheer spectacle of it all more than makes up for it. I want to go again 😫

• Heart

marthaedwards11

Chatty Member
Hoping she’s actually on time next Monday in London. Is it so difficult to be on time for your fans who have paid hundreds? It’s annoying for the fans when they get a shorter set because the artist is late. Don’t shoot me - I’m a massive Beyoncé fan!!

Twinkle6

VIP Member
Honestly if Renaissance gets a Grammy they are fixed (as if it’s not obviously so 😂) It’s such a poor album imo.

• Angry

notdollybutmolly

I really really don’t like Beyoncé - her songs are ok, some belters but I don’t find her vocals pleasing. BUT I LOVE THIS ALBUM. she is heavily leaning on others, the ballroom scene especially but some of these songs are banging!!!!!! Alien superstar, pure/honey, move, and Energy are euphoric.