Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

getawaywithit

VIP Member
It was a fantastic album. The fact that Beyoncé has NEVER won AOTY and lost to Harry Styles lmao just like all the other years and then someone has to waddle over to this thread to COMPLAIN not about this but that she won some awards in the R&B category— the category she is always relegated to and so many Black performers are always kept in? There’s a reason many Black performers have stopped even submitting to the Grammy’s altogether. It’s just gross to watch but to actually come to her thread because you’re upset she was allowed to win an award at all. That says everything doesn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm surprised she included that slur not long after Lizzo had a backlash from it. She usually has such a slick team around her. It's a word we don't allow on tattle and we're supposed to be the worst site on the internet

Reactions: 11

Luce0331

VIP Member
Love this girl’s confidence, Beyoncé is probably thinking ah shit here we go, this is why I don’t meet fans 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Luce0331

VIP Member
Texas Hold ‘Em hits different when listening to the full album, kind of like how Break My Soul sounded much better once you heard the rest of Renaissance

Luce0331

VIP Member
It’s not like anyone can even defend him as a person, he cheated on the mother of his children and he’s bffs with Diddy 😂

Last edited:

Scarlettmine

Her version of Jolene is pathetic, sorry, she changed the lyrics and the meaning of the original song for no reason, nobody wants her ugly ass husband ffs.

Reactions: 9

Twinkle6

VIP Member
I agree Lemonade should have won vs Adele

I do think The Weeknd was quite right to ensure he never had anything to do with the Grammys again. It highlighted a lot of issues with the event and others came out about it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

laurynlouuuu

VIP Member
beyonces renaissance album was a tribute to her uncle. he played a pivotal part in her early career from designing the early dc costumes as well as girls tymes. he introduced her to the culture and she’s been heavily influenced by it.

beyonce is a southern girl , i don’t think she’s cosplaying nor is she pandering to a certain demographic. 16 carriages was recorded when she was 38. it’s not liked she’s jumped in the booth and put out a half ass attempt at country to pander to certain audiences.

she’s too far in her career to be worrying about pandering to certain genres and demographics
---
The theory is that she is reclaiming genres that originated from black culture. I think every album of hers sounds relatively different these days and I quite like hearing something different because my general rotation is quite pop heavy. She did at least have ties to gay culture as the album was dedicated to her Uncle Johnny (more of a family friend lol we all have them!) who was gay and died of HIV
johnny was actual family
it’s tina’s sisters son

• Heart
Reactions: 8

HotTea

Second the VPN! Couldn’t wait anymore seeing people talking about it lol - just set up a VPN and I’m listening now on YouTube music aaaaah!!!

I don’t think we can link to stuff etc but if you’re after a free VPN, two words:

1) sounds like funnel, you might dig one of these to escape
2) sounds like share, but it’s big and grizzly

get that off the App Store, go to Australia, go to YouTube and boom.

See you guys in an hour and eight minutes 🫡 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Buildacastle

I can’t get over how good LEVII’S JEANS is! One of the best songs she’s ever released, and Post Malone sounds amazing too. Instant classic.

• Heart

GoldSilver

VIP Member
Beyoncé looks way more awkward in that video than the fan does. I like Beyoncé but she never comes across “cool” unless it’s been planned and choreographed. She never seems relaxed or at ease with herself. Plenty of other singers would have danced along with the fan or at least seemed to be having fun.

I am a fan of her but not like the ones who are obsessed and she can never do any wrong.

And her version of Jolene… No.
The original sounds fresher!

ls240898

VIP Member
100 % , l lasted one song on that concert film ! The cheesy-ness was off the scale ! Also she is train wreck with men
She really does just date like a normal person though?
---
Anyway Beyoncé was born to be a performer and I think Taylor a songwriter. I find them very different but equally enjoyable

laurynlouuuu

VIP Member
there’s no bandwagon to be jumped on
the album has been years in the making
i find everytime beyonce does something she’ll always get the bandwagon jumping comments and what not
however she’s just unbothered 💅
not sure how her going back to her southern roots and researching the genre and using black artists for the album is half hearted 🤷🏽‍♀️
her stepping into this genre is going to give her nothing but push back , she doesn’t need the clout. her stepping into this genre is actually going to make it easier for black women already in country

• Heart
  • Haha