Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Luce0331

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to this album?
I usually like Beyoncé’s music but just can’t get into this, most of the songs sound the same and lyrics seem lazy
Maybe I’m just getting old 😂
I’ve seen some on Twitter calling it her best album which is delusional to me 🤯

Reactions: 7

ls240898

VIP Member
Same. It feels like she’s playing to certain audiences these days, in a cynical way, rather than setting the agenda. The renaissance album was popular with gay culture and felt targeted that way, and now the country album is another direction entirely. It all feels like a tactic to win over certain types of people. I much preferred her Bday era etc when she was just being herself.
The theory is that she is reclaiming genres that originated from black culture. I think every album of hers sounds relatively different these days and I quite like hearing something different because my general rotation is quite pop heavy. She did at least have ties to gay culture as the album was dedicated to her Uncle Johnny (more of a family friend lol we all have them!) who was gay and died of HIV

Silverplume

I’m not a fan, so take it with a grain of salt, but the album cover is one of the most pathetic and low-rent things I have ever seen. Can’t possibly respect that, can only mock it.

HotTea

OH. MY. GOD. Album of my LIFE. It is perfect. Just had a whole run through. Clapped, cried, twerked. I’m so glad I ordered one of the vinyls because it’s a certified no-skipper. Having it playing in the summer is gonna be chef’s. kiss.

I’m off to bed now I’ve cried and danced my fake tan off 😂 can’t wait to listen again properly tomorrow morning.

All I’m saying is if she tours this album there is no limit to the money I will pay. 🥲🙌🐝

• Heart

Luce0331

VIP Member
People are hating the ‘I raised that man’ line from Jolene aren’t they 😂
I don’t really think it’s that deep though, to me she’s saying he was immature and she made him to grow up? I know he was 30+ when they met but a lot of men are childish
Any thoughts?

• Heart

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Maybe bandwagon jumping wasnt the correct phrase. Maybe, predictable, a well trodden path, unoriginal or uninspired would be better.
Really?
'predictable' - how so? I know this is not Beyonce's first time to dip into country music, but coudl we really have predicted a full country album?
'a well trodden path' - how many popstars of the last 20+ years have completely switched genres in this way, especially to country music of all genres?

Yel

Chatty Member
That look she gives, was it a come help me? :LOL:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 08.39.33.png

I wonder if she ever gets annoyed that being an amazing singer and performer who looks amazing isn't enough. So she has a huge team to help embellish her public personality and a history of borrowing her "original" stuff from other artists.

I heard someone say once "I'm convinced that Beyonce is no longer a person, it's a conglomerate" which sums up my thoughts.

Anyway it's a great album, just like the latest iPhone is a great phone.

HotTea

Guys I’m too obsessed with this album. It is perfect. I’ve had it non stop on repeat. My boyfriend is fucking sick of me 😂 Tyrant is my current fix. Giddy up giddy up 🐎

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
From the clips I've seen of the London gigs, her voice just gets better and better. And it's always been bloody great anyway.

Luce0331

VIP Member
Love that only Dolly is credited with writing Beyoncé’s version of Jolene, she obviously didn’t write those lyrics but the thought of Dolly writing ‘I’m a Creole banjee bitch’ makes me laugh

• Haha

Luce0331

VIP Member
I’m finding her boring. I really thought after the Super Bowl ad she’d do more this era but nope it’s like Renaissance all over again. I know she’s not really bothered about commercial success anymore but as fans it’s nice to have music videos/performances to coincide with an album

Reactions: 6

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I actually love this album, even though I do skip a handful of songs that do nothing for me, but the ones I love are on non-stop repeat. I was a bit disappointed when I heard it would be a house/dance album since that’s NOT really a genre I like at all, I’ve never been into the club scene, and I tend to enjoy strong hooks and more meaningful lyrics (loved Lemonade), so I’m surprised how into it I am.

Idk I feel I can appreciate what it is, just this kind of messy (although well produced) album that wants you to let go and dance and be ridiculous and just say ridiculous things and love yourself and hype yourself up against all odds. Maybe at this time in my life it is what I need, trying to find more joy. And this is a ‘feeling myself’ album IMO. So, why not? Like I said, not into the club scene but could somehow see myself just dancing to this on a summer night.

I love Virgo’s Groove, Alien Superstar, Plastic Off the Sofa, Cozy, Break My Soul. I’m okay with having more skips because it just feels like it’s not demanding attention and lets you explore it if you want to. Not everyone is going to be into it, that’s fine, but as someone who wouldn’t normally love this genre I would suggest giving the songs a bit of time and maybe a second chance here or there.

PeteM

VIP Member
Taylor's a very average singer. Beyonce is completely in another league as a vocalist.

laurynlouuuu

VIP Member
alot of her paleness is because 1. that hair colour washes her out! 2. it’s winter she gets paler 3. it’s the flashes and lighting
i really hate the “beyonce wants to be a white woman” narrative