Beyoncé - Renaissance

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone listened to this album?
I usually like Beyoncé’s music but just can’t get into this, most of the songs sound the same and lyrics seem lazy
Maybe I’m just getting old 😂
I’ve seen some on Twitter calling it her best album which is delusional to me 🤯

Reactions: 7
I’m not a fan, so take it with a grain of salt, but the album cover is one of the most pathetic and low-rent things I have ever seen. Can’t possibly respect that, can only mock it.

Reactions: 7
So far I like:

- Cuff It
-Virgo’s Groove
-Move

I’m a big fan (fave running and dancing song is Get me Bodied 🤣) but last music I really loved was from Lemonade

Reactions: 3
I like a few of the songs but tbh it doesn’t have replay value for me. Like I will be listening to Lemonade for years to come but will likely just forget about Renaissance.

I respect that she’s doing what she wants as an artist and isn’t really bothered about commercial success anymore though.

I like a few of the songs but tbh it doesn’t have replay value for me. Like I will be listening to Lemonade for years to come but will likely just forget about Renaissance.

I respect that she’s doing what she wants as an artist and isn’t really bothered about commercial success anymore though.
This is how I feel, it’s just a shame as a fan when you’ve anticipated something for a long time for it to be not what you expected. Really curious about act 2 and 3

Not a fan but I bought it based on Break My Soul.

I agree it seems lazy and repetitive. I don’t think the transitions helped that in some respect - overdone and they didn’t enhance the album experience ( The Weeknd did this in a better way earlier this year imo)

Honestly thought it was a total let down and I’ve been so bored listening to it, I won’t go back to it either.

Reactions: 2
I actually love this album, even though I do skip a handful of songs that do nothing for me, but the ones I love are on non-stop repeat. I was a bit disappointed when I heard it would be a house/dance album since that’s NOT really a genre I like at all, I’ve never been into the club scene, and I tend to enjoy strong hooks and more meaningful lyrics (loved Lemonade), so I’m surprised how into it I am.

Idk I feel I can appreciate what it is, just this kind of messy (although well produced) album that wants you to let go and dance and be ridiculous and just say ridiculous things and love yourself and hype yourself up against all odds. Maybe at this time in my life it is what I need, trying to find more joy. And this is a ‘feeling myself’ album IMO. So, why not? Like I said, not into the club scene but could somehow see myself just dancing to this on a summer night.

I love Virgo’s Groove, Alien Superstar, Plastic Off the Sofa, Cozy, Break My Soul. I’m okay with having more skips because it just feels like it’s not demanding attention and lets you explore it if you want to. Not everyone is going to be into it, that’s fine, but as someone who wouldn’t normally love this genre I would suggest giving the songs a bit of time and maybe a second chance here or there.

Reactions: 6
Idk I feel I can appreciate what it is, just this kind of messy (although well produced) album that wants you to let go and dance and be ridiculous and just say ridiculous things and love yourself and hype yourself up against all odds. Maybe at this time in my life it is what I need, trying to find more joy. And this is a ‘feeling myself’ album IMO. So, why not? Like I said, not into the club scene but could somehow see myself just dancing to this on a summer night.
I think that’s a great way of looking at it and I’ll keep that in mind on my next listen

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Yel

I'm surprised she included that slur not long after Lizzo had a backlash from it. She usually has such a slick team around her. It's a word we don't allow on tattle and we're supposed to be the worst site on the internet

Reactions: 11
I’m a long time Beyoncé fan and the album did take me a few listens but I really like it! The lyrics might not be as good as some of her previous albums but I feel like everyone just needs a bit of upbeat and happy music rn - which this brings

Reactions: 5
I really really don’t like Beyoncé - her songs are ok, some belters but I don’t find her vocals pleasing. BUT I LOVE THIS ALBUM. she is heavily leaning on others, the ballroom scene especially but some of these songs are banging!!!!!! Alien superstar, pure/honey, move, and Energy are euphoric.

Reactions: 5
I think I was hasty to judge the album, I like it so much more now after a few listens although there’s a few I can’t warm to - All up in your mind, America has a problem, Move and sometimes Thique depending on my mood 😂

Reactions: 2
I've been listening to the album daily since it came out and I'm not stopping anytime soon. IMO, this release makes total sense as a follow up to Lemonade. The way I see it, it's embodying that feeling of being carefree after a tough breakup, when you start to get back on track and slowly realize that life has its charms. The sudden influx of confidence, wanting to catch up on everything you've missed while wallowing in self pity, hanging out with your (girl)friends and summer flings are what Renaissance is to me - waking up, dusting yourself off and not taking your time on Earth for granted.

Yes, I know that Lemonade finishes off with the song of reconciliation and forgiveness and I'm probably projecting but still, a girl can dream!

Also, I'm 94% sure that All Up In Your Mind will be my most played song of the year. Cannot wait for the other 2 acts and the tour announcement 😭

Reactions: 4
Also, I'm 94% sure that All Up In Your Mind will be my most played song of the year. Cannot wait for the other 2 acts and the tour announcement 😭
obviously take with a pinch of salt But my friends works for ticketmaster UK and for “big acts” they have to know in advance when the tickets are so they can prep their servers and they’ve been told Beyonce tickets will be on sale in October!

• Wow
obviously take with a pinch of salt But my friends works for ticketmaster UK and for “big acts” they have to know in advance when the tickets are so they can prep their servers and they’ve been told Beyonce tickets will be on sale in October!
Omg thank you so much for the info! I'll make sure that I have enough funds for when the time comes, you made my day 😭

Reactions: 4
Omg thank you so much for the info! I'll make sure that I have enough funds for when the time comes, you made my day 😭
Beyoncé will be seeing I posted here and move it 😂 just joking, obviously my friend might be wrong but that’s what she said! No surprise if true as her last solo tour was 6 years ago now!