Beth Sandland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As someone who reached out to Beth when I went through a horrible miscarriage myself, her recent content has really got to me. She was incredibly supportive and offered some really good advice to me a few months ago. She made her insta seem like a friendly approachable place to talk about miscarriage.
But lately with her ‘think twice about messaging me about miscarriage’ stories, when she had in her bio ‘talking about miscarriage’, she has really shown her true colours.
This followed by her announcement of her new pregnancy, and constant baby spam is a real slap in the face. I feel like she’s the kind of person who just wants to jump on every insta bandwagon - travels, house reno, wedding, babies. But she contradicts herself throughout. I can see now there’s nothing genuine about her!

Reactions: 19
As someone who reached out to Beth when I went through a horrible miscarriage myself, her recent content has really got to me. She was incredibly supportive and offered some really good advice to me a few months ago. She made her insta seem like a friendly approachable place to talk about miscarriage.
But lately with her ‘think twice about messaging me about miscarriage’ stories, when she had in her bio ‘talking about miscarriage’, she has really shown her true colours.
This followed by her announcement of her new pregnancy, and constant baby spam is a real slap in the face. I feel like she’s the kind of person who just wants to jump on every insta bandwagon - travels, house reno, wedding, babies. But she contradicts herself throughout. I can see now there’s nothing genuine about her!
No theres not. Shes very immature. I just feel like when these insta huns ask us to reach out it is always for their own gain , to boost engagement as well as their egos, and rarely because they actually care.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think that’s fair. She probably has 100s of people share their stories about miscarriage which must be incredibly draining... She’s not a councillor.
I’m not sure what people would expect her to do when she became pregnant? Just keep it a secret for the foreseeable future ?

Reactions: 1
I don’t think that’s fair. She probably has 100s of people share their stories about miscarriage which must be incredibly draining... She’s not a councillor.
I’m not sure what people would expect her to do when she became pregnant? Just keep it a secret for the foreseeable future ?
the thing is though she could be like Elle from feathering the empty nest and say she’s pregnant but then post other content as she knows that she has people that follow her that have been in incredible difficult and heartbreaking situations.
However, she is using it to push affiliate links for maternity clothes and most pics have been bump pictures.

Reactions: 9
But did she not tell people to reach out and then when they did she kinda scolded them for doing so. Think we are all delighted for her to be pregnant but i found the posts telling people not to talk to her anymore about miscarriage quite insensitive. I think it could have been approached another way.

the thing is though she could be like Elle from feathering the empty nest and say she’s pregnant but then post other content as she knows that she has people that follow her that have been in incredible difficult and heartbreaking situations.
However, she is using it to push affiliate links for maternity clothes and most pics have been bump pictures.
I think elle didnt post mainly for her own self preservation and because she couldnt quite believe her baby would ever actually arrive safe and well, understandably.

Reactions: 5
£12 for a pair of maternity leggings is cheap?!?!

I paid £12 for a pack of two from New Look!

Need to be a tad more relatable there Beth hun 😬

Completely agree. She could also still be using her platform to share helpful content and support, both in relation to pregnancy and miscarriage. Rather than just a don't message me about it, actually directing people towards professional support and guidance. But it does seem like it all has to be about her.

Reactions: 3
I just think pregnancy shouldn't be everything about her blog atm, she could be doing so much more with her platform

73A0C502-6708-4209-9761-543D3C21546E.jpeg

Not new but I was on her Instagram and bloody hell, she posted this a week before her pregnancy announcement. Only two more posts then boom, there she is, flaunting her bump.

View attachment 300800

Not new but I was on her Instagram and bloody hell, she posted this a week before her pregnancy announcement. Only two more posts then boom, there she is, flaunting her bump.
I don’t really know what you expect her to do though? Keep her pregnancy secret? She had to announce it before her wedding really in case she was showing in pictures.

BLA week just happened to be a couple of weeks before, as she has had a miscarriage she openly speaks about it would have seemed very odd for her not to post and partake in wave of light.

Reactions: 7
N
I don’t really know what you expect her to do though? Keep her pregnancy secret? She had to announce it before her wedding really in case she was showing in pictures.

BLA week just happened to be a couple of weeks before, as she has had a miscarriage she openly speaks about it would have seemed very odd for her not to post and partake in wave of light.
othing wrong with announcing her pregnancy but it’s a bit of a punch in the stomach for women who follow her due to miscarriage and she’s already loaning about midwife appointments. She should appreciate how lucky she is, not whinge. Her content is so much BABY

Reactions: 1
N

othing wrong with announcing her pregnancy but it’s a bit of a punch in the stomach for women who follow her due to miscarriage and she’s already loaning about midwife appointments. She should appreciate how lucky she is, not whinge. Her content is so much BABY
I do understand that, but you can always unfollow her now if her content is too much baby or upsetting for those dealing with miscarriage

I just think she’d be getting a lot of tit if she didn’t post about wave of light, but also can’t not share the fact she is pregnant. People were already speculating here as it was.

She annoys me with her lying about solo travelling and boy Beth and telling people not to message her about miscarriage was out of line IMO, but with this I’m not sure what she can do other than not post about her pregnancy which is a shame as it’s obviously going to be a big part of her life now and is something to celebrate for her

I just think she needs to use her brain and be sensitive. Trigger warnings take a second.

Oh this is my mistake, as I didn’t realise that it was a thing (BLA Week I mean), I just thought the post was something she had done of herself. I thought “why’s she doing that when she knows she’s pregnant and is going to tell everyone two posts later”, but yes your point is fair!

Reactions: 4
She’s updated her book club bio to include Helen now! I think she reads on here.

She’s updated her book club bio to include Helen now! I think she reads on here.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.. I’m sure most influencers will have a Tattle account so they can view pictures and stuff 😂

The problem comes when they try to address every criticism without specifying they’ve seen it on here, or when they start defending themselves and tie themselves in knots to not mention Tattle by name. It’s a slippery slope reading Tattle as an influencer..

Reactions: 7
I did similar- had a miscarriage in December and reached out. Her response was quite obviously copy and pasted which was a bit gross.
I’m also expecting again but haven’t ”announced” because announcements made me (and still make me) want to vomit. It’s almost like she expects everything to be fine this time because she’s hit 12 weeks, which is naive and ignorant beyond belief. It’s the tiny things that piss me off- she’s been gifted some fancy jojo maman bebe maternity bras and started pregnancy yoga literally immediately, meanwhile I’m fannying around at 21w in all my old bras cracking on with my full time job as bleeping nurse

she literally has all the perspective, then somehow immediately forgot it. shallow and vapid doesn’t cover it.

True- but there’s a difference between keeping it a secret, mentioning it sensitively, and also RAKING IN ALL THE MATERNITY COIN by mentioning it incessantly when she made a point of structuring her social media profile about baby loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.