Beth Sandland

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She used to be one of my favourite people to follow but she got annoying just before announcing the year long travelling, unfollowed a few months into the travelling then followed back once she was home but that wasn't for long. There's something that seems false about her nowadays. Imo the influencer life has massively gone to her head.

I quite like Beth. She always replies to messages, and her travel blogs were really helpful (not that I’m going anywhere in the near-future, but you never know 😂). She’s not as bad as some, anyway (looking at you, Liedia). I felt awful finding out she’s just had a miscarriage. I’ve been there, and it’s just devastating. I don’t relate to her with everything, but I do in other ways.

Reactions: 2
I used to like her, but went off her when she was travelling too. I felt that she would complain and cry over things that most people would wish were their problem, like she didn't appreciate how lucky she was to be doing what she was doing.
I do like that she acknowledges things like mental health and bullies and feel awful that she has just had a miscarriage too.

I go through phases of liking her and then everything she does annoying me even down to the way she holds a coffee for a photo with her thumb up the side of the mug - ridiculous I know 🤣 that’s when I have to unfollow her stories for a while

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I like her (ish) but i dont feels she acknowledges how privileged she is sometimes, most people couldn't have a month off because of a miscarriage. ALSO why has she travelled across the country to stay with other members of her family, i appreciate her nan was dying/has now died but at the same time we are in lockdown and are not supposed to be seeing people outside our household... 900+ people died yesterday and i bet hundreds were alone, you cant just flout the rules because its your family

Reactions: 7
I like her (ish) but i dont feels she acknowledges how privileged she is sometimes, most people couldn't have a month off because of a miscarriage. ALSO why has she travelled across the country to stay with other members of her family, i appreciate her nan was dying/has now died but at the same time we are in lockdown and are not supposed to be seeing people outside our household... 900+ people died yesterday and i bet hundreds were alone, you cant just flout the rules because its your family
Completely agree she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege. Generally I quite like her but this does annoy me a bit!

I think she mentioned a week or two ago that she was staying with her grandparents? Wondering if her grandmother took a turn so she went to stay.

Also, can you, hand on heart, say that you wouldn’t do the same in her position? Of course we all need to respect the lockdown but I feel like her situation right now would fall under exceptional circumstances. But obviously that’s all down to interpretation as we don’t know the full story.

Reactions: 2
Completely agree she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege. Generally I quite like her but this does annoy me a bit!

I think she mentioned a week or two ago that she was staying with her grandparents? Wondering if her grandmother took a turn so she went to stay.

Also, can you, hand on heart, say that you wouldn’t do the same in her position? Of course we all need to respect the lockdown but I feel like her situation right now would fall under exceptional circumstances. But obviously that’s all down to interpretation as we don’t know the full story.

Yes i can say i wouldn't because i have a lot of friends rising their lives every day in the NHS and whilst it would be heart breaking to not be there to say goodbye to my grandparent, it puts more risk on other people.

Unfortunately the people with COVID in hospitals are dying alone via phone and those families have no choice in the matter, its tragic but something which has to happen in these current times. Shes gone from London a hotspot, to somewhere else and presumably will go back to London.

Reactions: 3
Yes i can say i wouldn't because i have a lot of friends rising their lives every day in the NHS and whilst it would be heart breaking to not be there to say goodbye to my grandparent, it puts more risk on other people.

Unfortunately the people with COVID in hospitals are dying alone via phone and those families have no choice in the matter, its tragic but something which has to happen in these current times. Shes gone from London a hotspot, to somewhere else and presumably will go back to London.
Like I said , we don’t know the full situation and it could be that she had to go and help look after her grandmother before she passed. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m sure she mentioned staying with them. Anyway I don’t want to get into a disagreement over it as neither of us know the full story, just trying to offer a different perspective.

If my grandmother was unwell when this all kicked off then someone in my family would have likely gone to stay with her to assist with food shopping, basic care, etc. As I think a lot of families have had to do to ensure their loved ones get what they need during the lockdown.

I hadn’t realised she had done that. Considering she was a massive champion for staying home saves lives from the beginning I’m really shocked about that.

In answer to your question too, I can hand on heart say I wouldn’t do the same. I would stick to the rules no matter how heartbreaking it actually must be. As sad as it is losing a loved one by staying home I know I’m saving more lives.

Reactions: 4
So she’s gone back to London.... does anyone know anything about this mysterious boyfriend/partner she seems to mention but doesn’t directly tag him in anything....

Reactions: 1
Whilst it is sad her grandmother has died, until people realise that stay at home and do not travel applies to everyone ( except essential workers) , this virus will not be kept under control- my nursing colleagues are risking their lives daily and majority of grieving families are unable to support their relatives....obviously instagrammers do not think the rules apply to them...she can't keep travelling the length of the country ...so irresponsible

Reactions: 6
Oh now shes gone back to London for the night to get clothes for the funeral to go back to wherever her grandad is. Is she having a laugh? SO much unnecessary travel.

Really gone off her with all this, shes not special or above the rules. People are dying alone and being buried without family there or in mass graves in New York she really should feel ashamed how shes behaving and sharing all this.

I've unfollowed now which is a shame because i quite liked her before all of this :(

Reactions: 5
Has she addressed any of this publicly?
She said she was going back to London as her leopard print tracksuit wouldn’t cut it (highly doubt she didn’t know what was going to happen and couldn’t have packed something for a funeral) and she said they were properly isolating because of being with her granddad but she has now gone for a run in London..... 🙃🙃

• Angry
Reactions: 1
She's officially blocked now as well so I cant even sneak a glimpse of her flouting of the rules. I wanted to message her but no doubt would be called a troll or just ignored.

I hope this is the downfall of many instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.